Re-filling Your Water Bottles

If you can afford a cruise, you can afford to buy bottles of water, keep them in your cabin and use them to fill your refillable waterbottles, if you do not want to use the tapwater in the cabin. No chance of cross-contamination then 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:rolleyes:;):)

Not everyone wants to use bottled water. Hate the taste. Hate the clutter of plastic bottles in landfills. That's why I have my OWN water bottle. And next time you're in line behind someone taking time to fill their water bottle with a cup, don't tap your foot, huff, or act impatient.

Who huffs or taps their feet? - not me, never go near those spigots. If you don't like the taste of bottled water (I do as it happens) then use the tap in your cabin - easy and you won't infect anyone who is standing behind you 'impatiently' waiting 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've seen it too, and it's pretty disgusting. Just something people do when they think they are the center of the universe and nobody else matters. It reminds me of when people lick their fingers to handle a piece of paper that they then hand to you. So what am I supposed to do with a piece of paper that someone has just basically licked?

So, inquiring minds want to know: how do you fill your water bottle? Do you get a glass of water & attempt to pour it into your bottle without making a mess?[/quote

Yes that's what we do! It's a pain but no cross contamination from us!

You know the water in your bath room sink is the same water.

You know the water in your bath room sink is the same water.

......and so is the toilet water so that is why I use the toilet and submerge my water bottle for a quick "fill-er-up"...........don't get me started on how easy the bidet is to use on refills...........;):D

Edited by grand isle joe
sp.

Remember some people and cultures would not even think they are doing anything wrong and about them passing germs by getting the water.

Yes it's gross to those of us that know better but maybe the person don't think they are better than others they just haven't been educated about it?

Having 2 daughters in the medical field and working in the food industry has made me much more aware and slightly paranoid about germs!:)

Edited by tidygirl

It's not about 'backwash' or mouth contamination, it's about someone handling their bottle or cup all during the day, all during the cruise. Who knows what is on their hands. Now it's all over the cup.

I can't believe people do not understand this. It's baffling.

So how is using a cup to fill up my water bottle any better? It seems that my same grubby hands will be in the same place--probably for longer and touching more things.

For the record, I don't even bring a water bottle, but I do find it amusing when people get all worked up over meaningless things.

So how is using a cup to fill up my water bottle any better? It seems that my same grubby hands will be in the same place--probably for longer and touching more things.

For the record, I don't even bring a water bottle, but I do find it amusing when people get all worked up over meaningless things.

Because you are supposed to take a clean glassevery time you use the dispenser. So, if you need two glassfuls to fill your bottle, you take two clean glasses, and they never retouch the dispenser. Just as you are not supposed to bring your glass back for a refill, you get a clean glass every time.

Because you are supposed to take a clean glassevery time you use the dispenser. So, if you need two glassfuls to fill your bottle, you take two clean glasses, and they never retouch the dispenser. Just as you are not supposed to bring your glass back for a refill, you get a clean glass every time.

Nice try but you will never convince a certain segment of people. They think screwing on a cap is sterile technique and you have to see germs for them to be there.

Nice try but you will never convince a certain segment of people. They think screwing on a cap is sterile technique and you have to see germs for them to be there.

Oh, I realize quite well how quixotic it is to get many passengers to meet the USPH regulations.

What if I want to fill my glass with half punch and half lemonade? Do I have to fill two new glasses half full and mix them back at my table? :D I don't see what everyone is worked up about. As if there aren't hundreds of silly government rules. ;)

What if I want to fill my glass with half punch and half lemonade? Do I have to fill two new glasses half full and mix them back at my table? :D I don't see what everyone is worked up about. As if there aren't hundreds of silly government rules. ;)

If you use a clean glass, of cause you can fill the glass with 'half punch and half lemonade' from the dispenser ... as long as the glass is is clean!!!

But do NOT fill used glass or bottles from the dispenser for safety reasons - a nice and efficient way to spread the noro virus.

This is NOT 'silly government rules' but your fellow passengers safety

Meaningless to you maybe, but not to many other people

Remember some people and cultures would not even think they are doing anything wrong and about them passing germs by getting the water.

Yes it's gross to those of us that know better but maybe the person don't think they are better than others they just haven't been educated about it?

Having 2 daughters in the medical field and working in the food industry has made me much more aware and slightly paranoid about germs!:)

There's nearly always a sign there to educate them (in different languages)