chocolate treats at night on pillow ?

mouseterd1

There is nightly turn-down service with a little chocolate on the pillow, but it isn't like it used to be. The chocolates used to be lovely dark chocolate coins with HAL's logo on the foil, now they are squares with plain gold foil that have a slightly waxy taste. I'd say bring your own for a treat . . Godiva, Dove, Hershey's, whatever you prefer.

Smooth Sailing !:) :) :)

Oh yes, you get chocolate! We always ask our stewards on the first day, "Don't worry about a turn down on the bed, just leave us double chocolates!" Never have been disappointed! Saves them time & we get to savor the taste of Holland! Oh! The pain of opening your own bed, all made easier by chocolate!!!

I confess: I do not like HAL's chocolate. Never did, even when it was the round gold foiled wrapped chocolate. I tried the new square one and don't like it either. We save our chocolates and give them to the family chocoholic at Christmas.

So, if you are fussy about your chocolate, bring your own chocolate.

The new chocolates qualify as "all right" for a chocoholic who is desperate, but otherwise they just aren't up to even "average".

Which does not mean I don't eat them! Don't anybody get the wrong idea, here. I have my standards, and they are low, indeed! :D

There is nightly turn-down service with a little chocolate on the pillow, but it isn't like it used to be. The chocolates used to be lovely dark chocolate coins with HAL's logo on the foil, now they are squares with plain gold foil that have a slightly waxy taste. I'd say bring your own for a treat . . Godiva, Dove, Hershey's, whatever you prefer.

Smooth Sailing !:) :) :)

We have been sailing on HAL since 1996 and all we ever got were milk chocolates.

Not a chocolate lover as much as many of my CC friends, but I find the new chocolates left at bedtime to be acceptable. As good as the company locally that produces really good chocolate candies? No.

Turndown at night? January, 2015 on the Noordam: the bed was left as it had been made during the day, in a somewhat turndown configuration.

To be honest we never really cared for any of the turn down chocolates but they work for a small snack when necessary and make a nice gift for someone at home. And, leaving something on the pillow is a nice touch regardless.

On the Grand Asia this fall the ship was out of the usual choclates for a couple of weeks and left us Hersey's kisses instead. Those we enjoyed! Eventually, however, the regulation chocolates reappeared.

We have been sailing on HAL since 1996 and all we ever got were milk chocolates.

That is interesting because DH doesn't like dark chocolate and as soon as I opened mine, he saw that it was and gave me his . . . for the duration of the cruise. I wish I could remember which ship we were on.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)