What beverages are free on NCL?

bar_20

I did a search and could not find this information. What beverages does NCL offer free of charge? I am not talking about a beverage package. These would be beverages usually available in the buffet area. On a recent Celebrity cruise they offered coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade, fruit punch, OJ, apple juice all at no charge. On two HAL cruises we took coffee, tea, iced tea and lemonade on one ship the other did not offer lemonade. What does NCL offer their guests in the way of free beverages? We are looking into an Alaskan cruise in 2016 out of Seattle and the three ships available are NCL's Pearl and Jewel and Celebrity's Solstice. All three offer the same ports and similar pricing.

On the Dawn a couple weeks ago, the offerings were tea, lemonade, coffee and a couple of Nestle Vitality flavors. OJ and apple juice are usually available at breakfast (we were in a suite, which means we ate in Cagney's or La Cucina for breakfast and lunch, so I can't confirm).

I did a search and could not find this information. What beverages does NCL offer free of charge? I am not talking about a beverage package. These would be beverages usually available in the buffet area. On a recent Celebrity cruise they offered coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade, fruit punch, OJ, apple juice all at no charge. On two HAL cruises we took coffee, tea, iced tea and lemonade on one ship the other did not offer lemonade. What does NCL offer their guests in the way of free beverages? We are looking into an Alaskan cruise in 2016 out of Seattle and the three ships available are NCL's Pearl and Jewel and Celebrity's Solstice. All three offer the same ports and similar pricing.

just about the same as any other line: the standard, fruit juices, coffee, tea, milk, maybe lemonade or some type of fruit punch. It can vary from time to time.

Coffee, tea, hot cocoa packets, milk, iced tea, lemonade, artificially sweetened fruity drinks (some made with artificial sweetener), water, and lemons. At breakfast there is apple, orange, cranberry, and possibly another juice (instead of iced tea and lemonade). You can also get milk and chocolate milk in cartons at breakfast time.

In the sit-down places they'll bring you juice in the morning (including tomato juice). Anytime they'll bring you coffee, tea, cocoa (in the packet), iced tea, lemonade, or water.

• 1 month later...

I've recently started drinking hot tea. But I wouldn't say I'm a traditional tea drinker - what I drink is the Celestial Seasonings brand of fruity teas like Peach Passion and Raspberry Zinger. Does anyone know if fruity teas are offered, or just the traditional black and green sort of teas?

(I am meaning the tea bags - fruit-flavored tea bags.)

Edited by mearsfansinboise

What types of fruity drinks are offered at no extra charge? I don't remember anything other than iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, and lemonade in the way of included cold beverages, as well as juice at breakfast time at the buffet and in the dining room. Last time we cruised on NCL was in 2011 and we're going on the Breakaway in July.

What types of fruity drinks are offered at no extra charge? I don't remember anything other than iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, and lemonade in the way of included cold beverages, as well as juice at breakfast time at the buffet and in the dining room. Last time we cruised on NCL was in 2011 and we're going on the Breakaway in July.

There was a strawberry kiwi drink that my son lived on during both our cruises last year. The crew also stood on the pier and handed it out to returning passengers at port stops.

I've never researched it, but I hope the tap water is ok to drink on all US lines.

I don't know about all US lines, but it is fine to drink on NCL. Other than alcohol, tap water is all I drank my entire cruise. I brought a refillable bottle and kept it with me most the time.

I've never researched it, but I hope the tap water is ok to drink on all US lines.

Yes, technically the ship's water (purified onboard from the sea water) is better quality than bottled water. However on most NCL ships the water has distinctive chlorine taste that we are not used to as our tap water here is very clean and tasteless, which is why we usually prefer bottled water even though it's theoretically of lesser quality. Ship's water (and ice) can also have more salt residue that can cause water retention to some people.

Edited by Demonyte

Coffee, tea, hot cocoa packets, milk, iced tea, lemonade, artificially sweetened fruity drinks (some made with artificial sweetener), water, and lemons. At breakfast there is apple, orange, cranberry, and possibly another juice (instead of iced tea and lemonade). You can also get milk and chocolate milk in cartons at breakfast time.

In the sit-down places they'll bring you juice in the morning (including tomato juice). Anytime they'll bring you coffee, tea, cocoa (in the packet), iced tea, lemonade, or water.

Valen9, do you recall if the drinks with artificial sweetener were clearly marked? DH is a diabetic and this would enable him to drink something other than water or unsweetened tea.

Yes, technically the ship's water (purified onboard from the sea water) is better quality than bottled water. However on most NCL ships the water has distinctive chlorine taste that we are not used to as our tap water here is very clean and tasteless, which is why we usually prefer bottled water even though it's theoretically of lesser quality. Ship's water (and ice) can also have more salt residue that can cause water retention to some people.

Thanks for that! From now on I am going to blame the extra weight I put on during a cruise only on the water! It doesn't have anything to do with what I eat! :)

Valen9, do you recall if the drinks with artificial sweetener were clearly marked? DH is a diabetic and this would enable him to drink something other than water or unsweetened tea.

Actually some of them will say sugar free on the sign and others will not. They will all be sugar free made with artificial sweetener. I know that part because on BA, I was searching for the signs that said sugar free and asked the person filling the drinks up. He told me all the sweetened water beverages (there are two types strawberry kiwi and I believe mango or peach) are sugar free. I was still hesitant, but we tasted the same flavor from one with the sugar free sign and one without and both were the same, with the same artificial sweetener aftertaste.