So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

Hi Mike, Having just talked with a very nice lady, Marcella, in your Nebraska center, I find that you have my name with a middle initial, and yet there is no place on the registration page for My Account to enter a middle initial. This shuts me out and therefore my new booking is not listed. Since the cruise is not until 11/24 it's no big deal, but something that needs to be fixed. Thank You

If I understand correctly, it sounds like we have your middle initial after your first name in the "First Name" field, or before your last name in the "Last Name" field? The two ways to correct it would be to mirror that "mistake" in your profile on the website or, better yet, remove your middle initial from being incorrectly included in either the first name or last name field of our reservations center.

If you send me an email with your booking number and agree with my suggested course of action, I'll be happy to have your name updated.

I suspect that is the issue, but obviously want to be sure, as we take privacy and security very seriously. Please do let me know the outcome, or if you provide your booking number, we can have a look and see if the reservation is under the same two guests for both segments. My guess is that it is not, and that is the cause of the problem.

Mike: you will by now have received my email explaining how it was resolved, if not how it became an issue in the first place.

For everyone else - I jumped to the conclusion, because of all the posts about problems on the new site, that the switch was the fault of the Oceania computer system. As far as I can tell, it was an error here in Australia whereby someone just pulled up the list of (My Name) and hit OK on the wrong one without checking. Whether it was Oceania Sydney or the agency I cannot determine: anyway, apologies are in order to Mike!

I however can't use the search for my cruise with Safari. Version 8.0.3. I had to switch to Firefox (not my main one on my laptop and not at all on my phone).

Also when I filled in a form on the website (on Firefox), it wouldn't take my phone number. Error message said I needed a valid number. Of course, it was valid, but not in the format that was required. No country code or dashes. The error message (at least) should have told me that!

I however can't use the search for my cruise with Safari. Version 8.0.3. I had to switch to Firefox (not my main one on my laptop and not at all on my phone).

Sorry, perhaps just a glitch, because it works fine now. I sent them an update.

Mike: you will by now have received my email explaining how it was resolved, if not how it became an issue in the first place.

For everyone else - I jumped to the conclusion, because of all the posts about problems on the new site, that the switch was the fault of the Oceania computer system. As far as I can tell, it was an error here in Australia whereby someone just pulled up the list of (My Name) and hit OK on the wrong one without checking. Whether it was Oceania Sydney or the agency I cannot determine: anyway, apologies are in order to Mike!

Glad this is resolved. Appreciate you coming back to report the solution and that it was not O's website

Getting more frustrated with all the broken bits and not well thought out user experience. IMHO posters have been very patient and forgiving, even apologetic. I know this is a big job but should it have been released without better testing. Not just the broken stuff but things that IMO should be done differently from a users point of view.

For several days I have tried searching cruises. That 'reloading' every time the a page is loaded is a pain. A three second pain over and over.

Set a search parameters, or better example click on the promo email link announcing the new itineraries. Get say, 147 results. Can't request number of results per page or all. Have a navigation tool, page 1,2,3,4,5 or next group. Yes, page 2 loads fast (because it is really already 'found'). But go to next group. See a cruise of interest on page 8. Click for details. Done with that and want to continue -can't. It goes back to 'loading' and then page 1. Click for next group, then page 9, rinse and repeat.

Easier to use some TAs website to get a list of O cruises than it is here.

Next. Looking a Tahiti cruise. Special offer on pre or was it post hotel at a set price. Click on the offer and get one of those pretty pictures of what could be a generic shot of over water bungalows. No info on which property, where it is, etc. Useless.

Tonight looking at special offers

Loads a page with different offers each with 'click for #x offers. Try the 'winelands and wildlife' with 9 offers. Click on that. Loads a page with '0 matching cruise'

Which is it? Are there 9 cruises or none. If none why is the promo piece even offered.

How can we buy a cruise when this site will not let us find one?

Not giving up on O but frustrated. Especially when I do find a cruise of interest and the categories I am interested are now sold or waitlisted.

Suggestions welcome

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing away soon - the ability to purchase gifts online has been temporarily removed, but we'll be adding a link to a PDF of the form in the not-too-distant future.

ORV - that's an issue with the latest version of Google Chrome (I'm assuming that is what you are using?)

Mike, I accessed the site using my Firefox browser because I really wanted to look at decks 7,8,9 on the R ships(the rest of the decks work) and I got a notice from FF that your site certificate is not valid. I get no such notice with Chrome and I pretty never use IE so don't know what it says.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Thank you for the feedback. I assume that when you logged in to the old site that it had your Oceania Club number already there? It should have transferred over, so we will be sure to look into that.

To add your number if it is not there already, login at My Account and go to Edit Profile (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/edit-profile/). Ensure that you have your name and date of birth complete, and save your profile information. Your Oceania Club information should then populate automatically, including your current level, past sailings, etc. on this page: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/oceania-club/.

Hi,

I followed your instructions multiple times and it did not work. Still no Oceania Club info shows up. Called the office in Miami and they said it would be fixed by Monday, 16 March. I will check again tonight. Good luck.

Bill

I posted a comment on the CC Board this morning and Mike Moore resolved it in minutes. Very responsive for sure. High praise on his quick action. I am sure that they will get all the kinks and bugs out of the site soon with that kind of response.

Bill

Greetings Cruise Critic Community. As some of you know from my previous posts, I oversee the online presence for Oceania Cruises. We will be checking this thread regularly to get an understanding of any issues users are experiencing and helping resolve them as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Mike

Hello Mike,

I'm new to Oceania and have one cruise booked for Sept (deposit paid but balance not yet due).

That cruise was not showing but I had no problem adding it (via Ref No.). However, I am having problems with 'Manage your booking: Guest registration forms': having attempted to enter address, dob, passport info, next of kin, etc., 6 times and 'saved' each time, it first tells me that my fellow passenger's passport date is wrong (despite being correct) and will not save. It appears to save my own info but, if I reopen, the changes I have input do not appear for on either passenger form.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated,

Fiona

A week or so ago in the find cruise section, I could select Nov and Dec and then select Sirene as the ship and cruise choices would appear. I could click on one and see the details.

Today I tried to do the same selections. The cruise choices appear but when I click on any one of them, I get an ERROR and a message that says the link is in error or has been removed.

It would be nice to be able to specify show me all cruises of 7 days or less and all cruises 8-10 days in one search. I have to do two searches to see what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Mike,

My April 15 2015 cruise is no longer listed under my account on the website. I put in my information along with my booking number but it still does not show. I am in the midst of packing! Can you help?

Thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen (and everyone else for that matter). We're having an issue that, while not directly website related, is impacting everything on the website. Should be resolved shortly so I'll advise once it's back up!

Mike, I use my email address which has not changed. I use my new password which I changed because they said that the email and the password were incorrect. Now neither will work and I am frustrated. All I get is a message saying I am using the wrong password and/or email. It has worked once for me and never again.

Mike, I use my email address which has not changed. I use my new password which I changed because they said that the email and the password were incorrect. Now neither will work and I am frustrated. All I get is a message saying I am using the wrong password and/or email. It has worked once for me and never again.

If you'll send me an email with the email address you use to log-in I'll be happy to look into it for you. mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com

A week or so ago in the find cruise section, I could select Nov and Dec and then select Sirene as the ship and cruise choices would appear. I could click on one and see the details.

Today I tried to do the same selections. The cruise choices appear but when I click on any one of them, I get an ERROR and a message that says the link is in error or has been removed.

It would be nice to be able to specify show me all cruises of 7 days or less and all cruises 8-10 days in one search. I have to do two searches to see what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

I'm having this problem too. I can only search one block of cruise lengths at a time. I am using firefox.