So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

Mike

I can't get the Regatta 8/31/16 San Francisco to NYC to come up. I get an error msg.

Thanks

You can use this URL until it gets fixed from the Find a Cruise tool: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/san-francisco-to-new-york-REG160831/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2016%7C08%23ships%3DREG

Just tried to go to "Find a Cruise," and it doesn't allow you to select the date, region or ship?? It used to When you click on "date," for example, all it posts is "Any Date." Or "Ship," it just posts "Any Ship."

Hmmmm, this site is a work in progress, huh.:rolleyes:

Just tried to go to "Find a Cruise," and it doesn't allow you to select the date, region or ship?? It used to When you click on "date," for example, all it posts is "Any Date." Or "Ship," it just posts "Any Ship."

Hmmmm, this site is a work in progress, huh.:rolleyes:

I just did all the above you said you couldn't do. Must have been a temporary glitch. Overall I think this is and will be better than the previous site. I think a little patience and benefit of the doubt might be in order till some of the kinks are worked out. Personally I think it's great that there is a designated person to listen to our concerns and issues and take action on them.

Go to "booked cruises" this should bring up the "registration form" button. (righthand side of the page) that will show both guests. I think....................

Many thanks will try that . Bit hidden and obscure, not really very user friendly . Probably designed by some IT guru who would,nt know what a customer was !!!!

The date issue (both date of birth as well as passport issue/expire) should all be resolved now. We're monitoring logs after our last update, and don't see the problem occurring any longer. So if you could double check your dates and update them if incorrect, they should "stick" this time. If they don't, please let me know! Apologies for the inconvenience - you all have been more that patient with us so thank you very much!

Logged in Saturday morning changed the Birthday and passport dates.Checked it this morning Sunday it was fine.I also noticed there is no Already Booked on the main page.

Overall I think this is and will be better than the previous site. I think a little patience and benefit of the doubt might be in order till some of the kinks are worked out. Personally I think it's great that there is a designated person to listen to our concerns and issues and take action on them.

Agree with all above.

Overall, I like the new site very much.

Thank you Mike & crew.

.I also noticed there is no Already Booked on the main page.

I think it may have been replaced by MY ACCOUNT

When you log in you see any cruises booked or saved for future etc...

then you can click on the other tabs to Oceania Club or booked cruises

JMO but it works better for me

Lyn

I think it may have been replaced by MY ACCOUNT

When you log in you see any cruises booked or saved for future etc...

then you can click on the other tabs to Oceania Club or booked cruises

JMO but it works better for me

Lyn

I realized that after a while.Just liked it better before,but out with the old in with the new.

Mike:

Well, today I managed to get into the page where I place my booked cruises. (It appeared that was not possible until the agent had transferred our funds to Oceania despite paying some time ago. Whatever.)

But the site's problems get worse - MUCH worse!

On entering our booked cruises - back to back Copenhagen - London (Southampton) - Rome I went to check the personal information was correct, after reading the tales of date changes etc.

The first of the back-to-backs had both my own and my wife's details correct.

On the London (Southampton) - Rome sector, my wife's were correct - but my own details were for someone entirely different except that they had the first and last name the same.

His middle name is different, he lives in Canada but was born in Australia. His passport number, DOB, address etc is in "my" records.

My wife is interested to know who she is sharing her cabin with - he's seven years older than she.

Seriously, this is a MASSIVE breach of privacy by Oceania. The new website seems to have been cobbled together with many untested bugs and as each is sorted out things get more and more weird.

Mike, you and Oceania need to do something right now - I could impersonate this other passenger and steal his identity this evening if I so wished.

:eek::eek::eek:

Having previously whinged about security and that our login profile is tied to our birth date, which is a critical component of personal identification, I am interested in the response. Because of this we have not updated our profile and held off inquiring further about a cruise until I was able to check on possible conflicts. Seems I was alone in my paranoia.

As an update to that, which I did not post as I felt I was already stretching the limit with my complaint, I am pleased that I was quickly able to speak with Guest Relations and they assured me that they could complete the pre-cruise registration form over the phone so while not as convenient, for me or them, it is easily doable. Would also have to phone them to make our restaurant reservation, book any excursion, etc but at least they answer the phone quickly and can take care of it.

That said, I was only holding off because of a possible hypothetical security issue and you more importantly appear to have uncovered a real one.

I hope, your incident is isolated and not systemic, easily fixable, and without further hand wringing (on my part not yours)

Curious, if the other you was seven years younger would your wife have still complained

Edited by YoHoHo

>>Curious, if the other you was seven years younger would your wife have still complained ��<<

She says no, especially if my doppelganger was very wealthy :D, handsome :mad:, and better tempered :confused:.

Google being my friend, I have managed to track down the "other" man - would you believe they live here in Australia (Bowral) just a few minutes away. They are understandably horrified at the security breach _ I have their DOBs, passport numbers, address, next of kin, email address, phone number etc etc. Their Canadian address is that of a friend in Vancouver, so I also have that, although they sold three years ago.

The only thing now is to find out if it was indeed the Oceania site that has messed up, or whether the agent who booked our cruise just hit the OK button on the first common name she saw - in which case I will apologise to Mike Moore :cool:

Hopefully then it is just a matter of wrong info entered (by your TA) and not a badly linked reference.

Bottom line though is you have a great "its a small world" story with the other you living nearby.

Now that mysterious Vancouver address, I hope it is not #### My Street, Vancouver, BC

Just went on the "new" website for the first time. Shows we have no bookings which is news to us since we have one for next April on the Marina. I put in all the info and it still only shows our cruise as saved not booked. Checked out the Captain's Club which says we have no past of future cruises so no captain's points. Also news to us as we have done 4 previous cruises on Oceania. Did as instructed to update profile. Still shows no points. Wonderful website !!!!

Just went on the "new" website for the first time. Shows we have no bookings which is news to us since we have one for next April on the Marina. I put in all the info and it still only shows our cruise as saved not booked. Checked out the Captain's Club which says we have no past of future cruises so no captain's points. Also news to us as we have done 4 previous cruises on Oceania. Did as instructed to update profile. Still shows no points. Wonderful website !!!!

doowopbob - if you could send me an email with your booking number please I will be happy to assist you. mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com

Usually the problem comes down to something simple like us having your name in our records slightly different than how you are entering it.

Hi Mike, Having just talked with a very nice lady, Marcella, in your Nebraska center, I find that you have my name with a middle initial, and yet there is no place on the registration page for My Account to enter a middle initial. This shuts me out and therefore my new booking is not listed. Since the cruise is not until 11/24 it's no big deal, but something that needs to be fixed. Thank You

Hi Mike, Another glitch; when you go into the home page and choose ships and then suites and cabins, an amenity for all three ph classes is free choice of newspaper. When you go into a cruise, ie. CPT/CPT 11/24 and click on suite amenities it says the free newspaper is only for vista and owner suites. Being in a ph I sure would like to get the newspaper and not have to buy it on my Kindle.

Wol - if you could please email me your booking numbers (the one with the correct data and incorrect data) to mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com we will look into it ASAP.

Mike:

I have found where my doppelganger lives and gone round to see him. He has done several Oceania cruises in the past.

I suspect that either the agent or Oceania Australia is the culprit here, in which case you have my apologies! When Mrs Wol booked the back to backs apparently the agent kept trying to attend to other matters, and I surmise she entered my name and just punched OK on one on the list.

It's six am here but at nine we are going to sort this out at our end - obviously although I can change passport numbers etc online

I can't change the name or Oceania club number!

I suspect that is the issue, but obviously want to be sure, as we take privacy and security very seriously. Please do let me know the outcome, or if you provide your booking number, we can have a look and see if the reservation is under the same two guests for both segments. My guess is that it is not, and that is the cause of the problem.

Edited by Mike Moore