Cancelled April 2016 cruises?

butternut1

I got a call yesterday about a Crown Princess sailing that I had booked being cancelled due to redeployment. I received a follow up email that stated I would receive my deposit back and that if I would be given extra obc towards another sailing that was noted in the email. I found this interesting as another thread dealt with a cancelled itinerary and was offered nothing in the way of compensation. I would not have expected it as it is so far out. Nice of them to offer, however.

I also received notice of a canclled cruise 4/22 on the Royal Princess 10 day eastern.

We were given the option of changing the date to 4/2 or 3/17 (?) with an added OBC.

We chose 4/2 and able to get the same cabin back...Don't know why Princess is cancelling

so many cruises in April 2016???

I also received notice of a canclled cruise 4/22 on the Royal Princess 10 day eastern.

We were given the option of changing the date to 4/2 or 3/17 (?) with an added OBC.

We chose 4/2 and able to get the same cabin back...Don't know why Princess is cancelling

We are on the 4/2 cruise, also:)

It's always risky to book the last one or two cruises in the Caribbean season. It seems Princess has been sending ships to Europe earlier almost every year. The Golden is going to Australia in September but will be coming back in the Spring of 2016 for Alaska. There have been posts that the Emerald rather than the Golden will be in Australia for the 2016-2017 season. The cancelled cruises would be replaced by a repositioning cruise from FLL to LA. This occurred the last two years as the Crown and Ruby repositioned to the West Coast. The only confusing part about the above scenario would be that there would be one less ship in Europe for 2016 because the new build won't be available until 2017.

It's always risky to book the last one or two cruises in the Caribbean season. It seems Princess has been sending ships to Europe earlier almost every year. The Golden is going to Australia in September but will be coming back in the Spring of 2016 for Alaska. There have been posts that the Emerald rather than the Golden will be in Australia for the 2016-2017 season. The cancelled cruises would be replaced by a repositioning cruise from FLL to LA. This occurred the last two years as the Crown and Ruby repositioned to the West Coast. The only confusing part about the above scenario would be that there would be one less ship in Europe for 2016 because the new build won't be available until 2017.

I seem to remember a speculation that the Emerald would be in the Med in 2016 and then travel through the Suez Canal toward Australia for 2016-17 season.

I hope they not repositioning Emerald to West Coast for it to go down to Australia. I would like it to go to Europe and then come via Asia. :D

They may well have cancelled the cruise because they chartered the ship for a specialty group. It happens.

Emerald is sailing from Rome on Oct 03,2016 for Australia via the Suez. Arriving November 15.

I read that from various people posting port schedules. However, I won't take it as gospel until I see the itinerary released from Princess.

Our April 17 Regal cruise was cancelled. We were given the option of the April 3 cruise. We wanted to do back to back (we have April 10 booked) so I'm hoping it all works out. Waiting to hear from our TA.

Ugh! I'm booked on the 10th. Fingers crossed this one doesn't go poof as well :(

What Cruise Junky said. I have twice had a late-in-the-season Caribbean cruise cancelled when the ship moved to the Med earlier than the end of the published schedule. I have now learned not to book those last two or three weeks, because in my mind, they are just place-holders for Princess in case they have a delay in arranging Med Port logistics for the following season. It's their Plan B, and they usually end up going with Plan A.

I got a call yesterday about a Crown Princess sailing that I had booked being cancelled due to redeployment. I received a follow up email that stated I would receive my deposit back and that if I would be given extra obc towards another sailing that was noted in the email. I found this interesting as another thread dealt with a cancelled itinerary and was offered nothing in the way of compensation. I would not have expected it as it is so far out. Nice of them to offer, however.

Which Crown sailing are you on? I am going in December.

Candi