drink package limit?

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if there is a cap on the number of drinks you can order per day with any package and does that number include water, coffees etc.? I've seen different answers on this in the past but wanted to see if I could get a sure answer? Thanks!

From our experience on Jewel last month, there is no limit. My hubby is a big guy and can drink ALOT of beer without getting drunk, especially a lighter beer like Corona. No one ever said a thing to him. Most of the time, after a couple days, they would see him coming and they would have his beer ready for him when he got to the bar. Maybe if he had been sloppy, stumbling or obviously drunk it might have been a different story but that was never the case. No limits as far as we could tell...and trust me, he tested that!!:p

From our experience on Jewel last month, there is no limit. My hubby is a big guy and can drink ALOT of beer without getting drunk, especially a lighter beer like Corona. No one ever said a thing to him. Most of the time, after a couple days, they would see him coming and they would have his beer ready for him when he got to the bar. Maybe if he had been sloppy, stumbling or obviously drunk it might have been a different story but that was never the case. No limits as far as we could tell...and trust me, he tested that!!:p

Thanks! My husband is also a big guy who can put away many beers and I was thinking that with the waters and coffees could add up. Some ppl have said there was a 15 drink max but even if there was I can't imagine that would include waters and coffees. I've seen others saying they are they stopped at every bar to get waters..

Your husband has done well to persuade you that Corona is a light beer .. Aussie drinker here who hasn't been on RCL before ... Looking forward to our cruise with drink package .. Our last cruise was with a package on COSTA , with a package .. Saved us over $1000 EACH .

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if there is a cap on the number of drinks you can order per day with any package and does that number include water, coffees etc.? I've seen different answers on this in the past but wanted to see if I could get a sure answer? Thanks!

I have had the drink package on three cruises now, and can vouch that there is no per day limit. I believe that Carnival's packages have a limit, but not RCI's (at least not as of this post).

I often order double gin and tonics in land-based restaurants. At this point, I'm assuming you can't get a double with the package, yet they'd be perfectly happy to pour you a double if you pay? Can someone enlighten me on that?

I often order double gin and tonics in land-based restaurants. At this point, I'm assuming you can't get a double with the package, yet they'd be perfectly happy to pour you a double if you pay? Can someone enlighten me on that?

I've never been denied when asking for a double with the drink package. It's pretty common to ask for and get a rum floater (extra shot) on top of many rum drinks. This too probably varies depending on the bartender, tip, etc.

I've never been denied when asking for a double with the drink package. It's pretty common to ask for and get a rum floater (extra shot) on top of many rum drinks. This too probably varies depending on the bartender, tip, etc.

Excellent! On the first day I tend to find the piano par, introduce myself to the bartenders, and give them each a $20 first drink tip to "juice the wheels," so to speak. I usually tip $2-$5 bucks every drink thereafter (depending on how good the drinks are). Hopefully they treat me well!

We don't gamble every night or shop, and we know the sacrifices these people make to be away from their families, so we really enjoy tipping well, especially when we cruise.

Thanks for the info! Didn't mean to hijack, CruisingGal! :o

Edited by TomAceEsq

Excellent! On the first day I tend to find the piano par, introduce myself to the bartenders, and give them each a $20 first drink tip to "juice the wheels," so to speak. I usually tip $2-$5 bucks every drink thereafter (depending on how good the drinks are). Hopefully they treat me well!:o

Yes, they will definitely treat you well under those circumstances.

Unlike when they first debuted, the drink packages now include gratuities. In fact they just increased from 15% to 18% earlier this week.

CruisingGal, the only request I've seen turned down often are the requests for a bucket of beer. I've seen one or two people get them with the package, but usually the answer is no, one beer at a time.

Yes, they will definitely treat you well under those circumstances.

Unlike when they first debuted, the drink packages now include gratuities. In fact they just increased from 15% to 18% earlier this week.

CruisingGal, the only request I've seen turned down often are the requests for a bucket of beer. I've seen one or two people get them with the package, but usually the answer is no, one beer at a time.

Actuallyou, when beverage packages were first introduced, and up until the last pricing overhaul, gratuities were included in the price of each package, ie the advertised price included gratuities. When they revamped pricing this past fall, they "lowered" thr package pricing, and removed gratuities. Now, package price does not include gratuities, they are added at purchase, thus making all but the Ultimate more expensive overall. With the new change in gratuities, the price has gone up yet another smidge.

Actuallyou, when beverage packages were first introduced, and up until the last pricing overhaul, gratuities were included in the price of each package, ie the advertised price included gratuities. When they revamped pricing this past fall, they "lowered" thr package pricing, and removed gratuities. Now, package price does not include gratuities, they are added at purchase, thus making all but the Ultimate more expensive overall. With the new change in gratuities, the price has gone up yet another smidge.

True. With the 18% gratuties now, the Ultimate is up to $64.90 per day, very close to the original price of $65 per day.

interesting I did not know they would do that, can not hurt to ask and it makes sense since it will save time for you and bartender

Even when I went to a new bartender, they were not light handed with the pours by any means. A tall cocktail was basically a really tall double without asking. And the few margaritas I had would make your eyes water!

The lack of a cap is why my annual guys cruise group is switching to RCI this year. We used to have Carnivals old unlimited plan, but they tried to force us into the new "Cheers" program which has a 15-per-day limit. As a booze fueled party robot, I just can't abide knowing that I've got a strict limit.

Edited by DarthGrady

About 2 years back we had the drink package on the Mariner and yes we were denied doubles. We asked for a double shot of Baileys on the rocks and were told no. We also could not get buckets of beer. That I understand but a double shot of baileys I do not understand being denied.

Even when I went to a new bartender, they were not light handed with the pours by any means. A tall cocktail was basically a really tall double without asking. And the few margaritas I had would make your eyes water!

Right! All that Triple Sec, lime, and salt makes my eyes water too. That's why I drink my Margaritas with tequila only... :p

A rare case where the floor is the limit. :eek:

Beat me to it.........

We've had the drink package twice and never heard of a limit.

That was on the Adventure Ta in May and the Indy Ta in November from Southampton.

I did get Captain Morgans in the DL because I had the package. Its not usually on the list

Been getting the package since it was changed. Never had any issue getting any drink except for "special" promotion drinks like a drink in a glass that lights up.

People that get a bucket of beer, is possibly "assumed" that it is for a group of friends. Just a way to prevent sharing. Since you can still get as many as you want one at a time, it has no real effect on you. Just find a place near the bar to get a fresh bottle as often as you like.

No limits at RCCL. The only cruise line that has a limit, is the party ship Carnival. :cool: RCCL trusts you enough to follow the rules, and don't over drink.

Freestyle soda has a 15 minute waiting period. Most likely to control sharing. However, I have never encountered any 15 minute period on the ship for a drink.

Definitely no limit on RC. I have been on multiple "guys cruises" with my friends and I'm certain of that.

On those cruises I have seen the following, however:

• Cut off by a specific bartender due to giving drinks to someone without an alcohol pass
  • Cut off by a specific bartender due to safety concerns
  • Cut off by a specific bartender and security (or Guest Services?) was asked to deny alcohol against their card the rest of the night

In all 3 incidents the staff handled themselves professionally and our group had no complaint regarding their action. I truly believe that they want everyone to have a good time, right up until the point where you might hurt yourself or someone else. :)