Why book PH, RS, or CS?

EvelynAlexa

I found this document produced by Celebrity in February 2014 a good guide on the differences between the various types of suite when booking.

As for prices. We have not sailed yet but since booking a year ago have observed that suite prices have increased substantially in the intervening period. On my own July 2015 sailing there is currently only 1 SS available. It is priced higher than a RS on the same sailing when season opened. As we are new to Celebrity we do not know if this is normal pricing model or as a result of Suite Class introduction.

2014-12-2 - Celebrity Cruises Suite Amenities_Flyer.pdf

We rarely venture off the ship and don't like dressing for dinner. Suite class makes perfect sense for us. I love the space and dining in the room. Michaels was wonderful. Best embarkation/debarkation experience ever.

Not leaving the ship allows us to treat every day as an 'at sea' day. It's just that on some of our 'at sea' days, the ship is tied up somewhere.

The PH on the M Class ship is incredible and if you are celebrating a very special occasion and have the $$$ it is worth it. The only problem we had, is once we stayed in it, it was very hard not to keep booking it again, and again. It is a wonderful experience and larger than most peoples apartments at home. With the new Suite experience perks, it is doubly nice.

We like the added space as we were 4 in a suite. My DH and I and my parents. Now DH, and Mom and I still book a RS when we cruise, which is once a year. So we splurge!

Veranda parties, loungers on veranda, butler service, cappuccino in the am delivered by butler, walk in closet, dining table and chairs, not feeling like a sardine, large bath with separate tub and shower stall, S class powder room, space, space and did I mention space.

Yes it is a luxury, but one this teacher deserves on my well earned, saved for, once a year vacation!

We book suites for one reason... We are addicted to them.

After we travel in a suite for the first time, we found it impossible to go back to a regular state room.

We love the extra space and having a separate bedroom. I am an early raiser and enjoy being able to get up and enjoy the living room without disturbing my partner.

The comparison someone else posted is a good guide to the published differences between the different levels of the suites. However, you will find that there is also a step up in the service you receive at each level. You will be blown away by the way you are treated in a CS but Celebrity still manage to step it up again for the RS and, then, the PH - all in a way that is discrete and comfortable. However, do heed the warning of another poster. Once you have upgraded, you will not wish to downgrade again.

The best way I can recommend to book is as early as possible. Suites on Celebrity have always been popular and their desirability has only increased with the introduction of the new suite perks. For some popular cruises, both PHs can be sold within weeks of the cruises opening for sale - up to two years pre-cruise! Out of the three cruises we currently have booked, on one had a PH available after the first month of the cruises opening. Prices for the higher-end suites have only gone up.

Edited by Project_gal

The PH on the M Class ship is incredible and if you are celebrating a very special occasion and have the $$$ it is worth it. The only problem we had, is once we stayed in it, it was very hard not to keep booking it again, and again. It is a wonderful experience and larger than most peoples apartments at home. With the new Suite experience perks, it is doubly nice.

We'll proceed w/caution. Must evaluate $$$ and perks.

First time on Celebrity we'll wish to explore the ship and try special restaurant options.

The comparison someone else posted is a good guide to the published differences between the different levels of the suites. However, you will find that there is also a step up in the service you receive at each level. You will be blown away by the way you are treated in a CS but Celebrity still manage to step it up again for the RS and, then, the PH - all in a way that is discrete and comfortable. However, do heed the warning of another poster. Once you have upgraded, you will not wish to downgrade again.

The best way I can recommend to book is as early as possible. Suites on Celebrity have always been popular and their desirability has only increased with the introduction of the new suite perks. For some popular cruises, both PHs can be sold within weeks of the cruises opening for sale - up to two years pre-cruise! Out of the three cruises we currently have booked, on one had a PH available after the first month of the cruises opening. Prices for the higher-end suites have only gone up.

Your guide to CS, RS, & PH is appreciated.

We're close to Fort Lauderdale.

We early book when air is a factor.

Yorkshire-Pudding's link to Celebrity site is printing.

Thanks to all posters.

Alex

Edited by EvelynAlexa

We book suites for one reason... We are addicted to them.

After we travel in a suite for the first time, we found it impossible to go back to a regular state room.

We love the extra space and having a separate bedroom. I am an early raiser and enjoy being able to get up and enjoy the living room without disturbing my partner.

Yes, it's an addiction, pure and simple. :cool:

I hoping there isn't a "cure". :D:

We agree. With what has been posted above but also choose the suite based on itinerary. Lots of kids? We want a royal suite or an S-class angled hump at least to have more room to escape in private. Panama Canal? M-class PH can't be beat on any ship at sea. Longer port intensive sailing with scenery? We love the M-Class layout and windows but the balcony is less usable.

Once you're in a CS and above service is excellent BUT you will find extras and more bending over to satisfy based on the higher levels.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this in principal, but there only are 8 Royal Suites, 5 Signature Suites, and one PH and one Refection Suite...so, you're talking about the top 1% of the ship, even at RS...I don't know what they could do more with a PH...maybe free caviar and Crystal? Otherwise, I was very impressed by how we were treated.

As for the rooms themselves: one RS and PH have hotubs on the balconies...that's a big deal/advantage.

I agree with this in principal, but there only are 8 Royal Suites, 5 Signature Suites, and one PH and one Refection Suite...so, you're talking about the top 1% of the ship, even at RS...I don't know what they could do more with a PH...maybe free caviar and Crystal? Otherwise, I was very impressed by how we were treated.

As for the rooms themselves: one RS and PH have hotubs on the balconies...that's a big deal/advantage.

Having cruised in a Signature suite, I can tell you that they have hot tubs on their verandahs as well.

for me ..the main reason to book PH space..of course....and just having a nice space around me....and the bathroom is very nice.....love the huge shower.......but, I have to say the new load of perks don't hurt....

for pricing....book as soon as the itinerary opens up

Have you booked PH, RS, or CS?

What are differences in suites and PH, RS, or CS perks?

Can you recommend ways to book at "sale" price?

Alex

Edited by LabGuy64

the cruise I actually wanted for 2016 booked bothe penthouses the day after it opened

You can go back....you just won't want to.....

We'll be in a RS for the first time one week from today. Had this booked for over a year and sooo looking forward to it.

I am worried however that we won't be able to go back to a standard veranda after this.....

Mike

Yes, it's an addiction, pure and simple. :cool:

I hoping there isn't a "cure". :D:

I'll second that!

I spoke of service, not material items/consumables. All I can say is try it and see. Not everything valued has a price tag.

the cruise I actually wanted for 2016 booked both penthouses the day after it opened

In the case of our Transpacific, it was less than an hour. Without the Cruise Critic inside knowledge, sometimes you do not stand a chance!

I have stayed in suites. You do get more room. However, you share your cruise with the same activities, pool, entertainment, buffet, and dining room as people paying a lot less money. Celebrity is adding more perks for suite guest like the new dining room. Does the extra expense make it worth booking a suite? For some, yes. For most people, no. I sail on Celebrity often. It fits my usual requirements. I do not book insides. Anything else is okay. Price, dates, airfare and ports are all important factors. If I want to splurge, I do not book a suite. I book a different cruise line.

I have stayed in suites. You do get more room. However, you share your cruise with the same activities, pool, entertainment, buffet, and dining room as people paying a lot less money. Celebrity is adding more perks for suite guest like the new dining room. Does the extra expense make it worth booking a suite? For some, yes. For most people, no. I sail on Celebrity often. It fits my usual requirements. I do not book insides. Anything else is okay. Price, dates, airfare and ports are all important factors. If I want to splurge, I do not book a suite. I book a different cruise line.

Well said.

Which cruise line do you recommend?

Thank you.

Eve