Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

I have a question about the Classic beverage package. I apologize if this has already been asked.

At the meal in the main dining room how do you order your wine if you want white with the starter and red with the main?

Do you have to finish the white and then try to get hold of the winewaiter and maybe order a glass of red.

I recall on the cruise with HAL it was quite hard to get hold of the wine waiter once he has been at your table the first time.

How do you do it?

Btw is there any dessert wines included with the Classic package?

Hey guys,

I've been swamped with a work project for the last month, but I've finally had a chance to update the PDF. A few notes and a list of the updates:

• The prices in the document were already up to date to reflect the new pricing from Celebrity.

• I've updated the question Can I upgrade my beverage package once I’ve selected one? to explicitly state that you CANNOT upgrade online before you cruise. You must call in.

• I added the following note in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package section of the What are the different beverage packages that I can choose from? question:

Note that “espresso-based coffees” from Café al Bacio are generally inclusive of the drinks on the first few pages of the menu. It does not include specialty coffee drinks such as those with gelato. This wording is intentionally vague, and it seems that the included beverages may vary from one ship to the next.

It is my hope that this will settle the debate of which coffees are included in which package a little bit more effectively.

• In the same question I have added another note that bottles of wine purchased with a package and with a discount from a personal package can be shared. I have also added that information to the question Can I use my beverage package to purchase drinks for other people? Can I share my beverage package? (Thanks, lsimon).

• I added wording to the footnote to specify that all prices in this document are listed in USD. I love you guys, but I'm not redoing these calculations in other currencies :)

• Added wording in the question Is there a limit to the number of beverages I can buy at one time? to indicate that you can have as many beverages as you have sea passes with a package.

• Removed all references to the Molecular Bar :( Updated those references to be the World Class Bar, where appropriate.

• New questions are as follows:

• (Using Beverage Packages) I’m in a room with an expanded room service menu that includes a premium drink such as fresh squeezed orange juice free of charge for breakfast. Can I go to the dining room and have the same drink even if it’s not included in my beverage package?
      No. You may enjoy those premium beverages with your room service breakfast if they are included, but you will not be able to order them in other dining venues without paying for them.

• (Using Beverage Packages) Does room service offer delivery of drinks to the cabin?
      Yes. You may order some non-complimentary beverages through room service and they will be delivered.

• (Purchasing and Upgrading Beverage Packages) If I received an alcoholic beverage package as a booking perk, may I downgrade to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package? Will I get a refund of the cost difference since I’m technically saving Celebrity money?

You may downgrade a package that was given to you as a perk, although you may run into some resistance from Celebrity personnel along the way. If you are persistent, you will eventually be able to make the downgrade happen. Try calling before you cruise, and if that doesn’t work go to Guest Services.

Even if you downgrade, however, you will NOT receive any credit for the difference in cost between the two packages. Since the original package was a perk, Celebrity is under no obligation to refund you the money that they are “saving” by downgrading you.

PHEW that's it! I'm also going to be looking into getting these questions loaded onto a website that will let me update without constantly circulating new PDFs that will eventually become outdated. I will probably make a new thread when that happens, so please keep an eye out for that. :D

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile

I have a question about the Classic beverage package. I apologize if this has already been asked.

At the meal in the main dining room how do you order your wine if you want white with the starter and red with the main?

Do you have to finish the white and then try to get hold of the winewaiter and maybe order a glass of red.

I recall on the cruise with HAL it was quite hard to get hold of the wine waiter once he has been at your table the first time.

How do you do it?

Btw is there any dessert wines included with the Classic package?

I often order different wines with different courses. When the wine steward comes around the first time, I let him or her know what I'd like for the whole meal. That way, they can have the right wines at the station. And they'll keep an eye out and come back when it's appropriate.

If I think they've gotten to know me well enough, will just tell them what I'm ordering and ask them to pick the appropriate wines. Mixed success there, but when they're good, they're great!

Hope someone can answer this question! For our upcoming cruise we have the 123go Classic Beverage Package. OH doesn't drink alcohol. Would it be possible to switch him to a Premium Non Alcoholic Package and upgrade me to the Premium Alcohol Package without incurring any cost? On paper it looks as if it would save X money, but don't know if they would allow it.

There have been numerous reports from others on these boards who were able to convert their classic alcohol beverage package to premium non-alcoholic at no charge by going to guest relations ASAP after boarding. I've heard that if you contact Celebrity in advance by phone or email they will say no but that the personnel on the ship will do this. Since it apparently isn't an official policy your mileage may vary but I'd give it a try.

Just returned from Silhouette - We tried to upgrade our Classic package to Premium no alcohol at Guest services and they would not do it. About half way through our cruise they ran out of bubbly water and we were give San Pelligrino at no additional charge......

Just returned from Silhouette - We tried to upgrade our Classic package to Premium no alcohol at Guest services and they would not do it. About half way through our cruise they ran out of bubbly water and we were give San Pelligrino at no additional charge......

That's very odd-- please let me drink less expensive drinks-- and that was a no? Were you asking for a refund in dollars, too?

I'm assuming that UPGRADING is still ok?

No we did not request any sort of refund. We just wanted the premium no alcohol instead of the Classic package. We tried at Guest Services as well as the Martini Bar and neither one would change it. It ended up not being an issue so we didn't worry about it. No one tried to pay to upgrade so I don't have any info on upgrades.

Can we change the person to whom a promo non-alcoholic classic package was assigned? No idea why, but our receipt shows a classic NA beverage package assigned to my 11 y.o. daughter's name. Her drinking habits are pretty much just milk, apple juice, lemonade and hot chocolate, which look like they would be free anyways at the buffet and poolside. No need for espresso based drinks or tea! And she is only allowed 1 soda a day, which we are happy to pay for.

I would get more value out the classic NA package myself, as I am not a big alcohol drinker.

Can we change the person to whom a promo non-alcoholic classic package was assigned? No idea why, but our receipt shows a classic NA beverage package assigned to my 11 y.o. daughter's name. Her drinking habits are pretty much just milk, apple juice, lemonade and hot chocolate, which look like they would be free anyways at the buffet and poolside. No need for espresso based drinks or tea! And she is only allowed 1 soda a day, which we are happy to pay for.

I would get more value out the classic NA package myself, as I am not a big alcohol drinker.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking. Did your TA gift a non-alcoholic drink package to your daughter and none to you? Or is she the third person in a room and received her package while you received a Classic Package?

Either way, you'll need to call Celebrity (or your TA) and talk to them. I'd think the most likely scenario is that you could downgrade your package but she gets to keep hers if you each already have one, but you never know. If you cannot resolve this prior to your cruise, you can try contacting guest services when you board. In either case, however, please know that Celebrity does have the right to say no to your request. They will probably accommodate you, but it's not guaranteed.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking. Did your TA gift a non-alcoholic drink package to your daughter and none to you? Or is she the third person in a room and received her package while you received a Classic Package?

Either way, you'll need to call Celebrity (or your TA) and talk to them. I'd think the most likely scenario is that you could downgrade your package but she gets to keep hers if you each already have one, but you never know. If you cannot resolve this prior to your cruise, you can try contacting guest services when you board. In either case, however, please know that Celebrity does have the right to say no to your request. They will probably accommodate you, but it's not guaranteed.

Somebody gifted the drink package to my daughter, I do not know who. My mom made the reservations through a TA, and by the end of the process so many mistakes had been made (not just on our account), that the TA has been let go. She is also the third person in my room, however neither myself nor my DH received (or requested) any drinks package.

We are planning on purchasing the "Build Your Own Wine Package" when we board the Constellation in August. I assume you have to pay the 18% gratuity on all the bottles that you buy-is that correct? ( we will probably buy the minimum 3 bottles over $75.00). My main question is- where can you consume the bottles of wine? Will they be sent to my cabin OR the dining room we are assigned? We're in a sky suite. Is it our choice where the bottles are sent, or do they have to send them to one or the other?

Also, has anyone ever purchased this package, and if so, were they happy with the choices?

Thanks!

Somebody gifted the drink package to my daughter, I do not know who. My mom made the reservations through a TA, and by the end of the process so many mistakes had been made (not just on our account), that the TA has been let go. She is also the third person in my room, however neither myself nor my DH received (or requested) any drinks package.

I think that Celebrity was running a promotion for a while that the third person in a room was "gifted" the NA beverage package. It is entirely probable that the "gift" was from Celebrity itself.

Unfortunately, since you have made your reservation through a TA you MUST make any changes through the TA. Celebrity won't talk to you directly to untangle this, so whoever has replaced the TA will have to help you out.

As I said before, the other option is to wait until you board and to go to Guest Services directly. I am not sure at all that they can transfer a beverage package, but it's worth at least asking as a last resort. :eek:

We are planning on purchasing the "Build Your Own Wine Package" when we board the Constellation in August. I assume you have to pay the 18% gratuity on all the bottles that you buy-is that correct? ( we will probably buy the minimum 3 bottles over $75.00). My main question is- where can you consume the bottles of wine? Will they be sent to my cabin OR the dining room we are assigned? We're in a sky suite. Is it our choice where the bottles are sent, or do they have to send them to one or the other?

Also, has anyone ever purchased this package, and if so, were they happy with the choices?

Thanks!

I have never purchased this package, so I can't help you with the last part of your question.

You do pay the 18% gratuity on these purchases.

As far as I am aware, you you will receive the bottle of wine in whichever venue that you ordered it (Luminae, your room, a bar, etc.). From there, you can consume the bottles of wine wherever you'd like. You should be able to either leave the bottle in the dining room with the sommelier or take it with you at the end of the meal. If you will be at a specialty restaurant you can have the bottle sent there. I'm sure it can be sent to your room as well. The bottle doesn't have to stay in its original location.

I apologize if this is already answered or widely known but for some reason, the search function for this thread isn't working for me.

Simple one: we have the premium beverage package. Will I be able to get things like a double espresso with breakfast in the morning? I apologize if this is already answered or widely known but for some reason, the search function for this thread isn't working for me.

Simple one: we have the premium beverage package. Will I be able to get things like a double espresso with We will likely be eating at Blu some of the mornings and at the buffet others.

Again, sorry if this is repetitive

I apologize if this is already answered or widely known but for some reason, the search function for this thread isn't working for me.

Simple one: we have the premium beverage package. Will I be able to get things like a double espresso with breakfast in the morning? I apologize if this is already answered or widely known but for some reason, the search function for this thread isn't working for me.

Simple one: we have the premium beverage package. Will I be able to get things like a double espresso with We will likely be eating at Blu some of the mornings and at the buffet others.

Again, sorry if this is repetitive

You'll have to leave your room, but yes you can order a double espresso. I

You shouldn't have a problem ordering from Blu or the buffet.

If you are in a royal suite, do you get the premium beverage package even if you select free grats as your perk?

Yes. The free beverage package is part of the suite perks regardless of the current deal when you book.

Sailing next week on the southbound Millennium Seward to Vancouver in a SkySuite. This is our first cruise and trying to figure out the beverage package decision. We're not big drinkers, enjoying the occasional wine with dinner. If I were just traveling with my friends, I'd absolutely get one of the packages. This trip is with my Parents, which means it will be more tame. Most beverage consumption will revolve around coffee, tea and water. That said, I've elected to not buy a beverage package and just order and pay for extras should we want something extra. The more I read CC, the more I think maybe we need a package. Without having access to cost, it's hard to determine if it will be worth it. Any thoughts?

That said, I've elected to not buy a beverage package and just order and pay for extras should we want something extra. The more I read CC, the more I think maybe we need a package. Without having access to cost, it's hard to determine if it will be worth it. Any thoughts?

If you actually read through the first post in this thread - scroll to A La Carte Drinking and go to the section titled "Where can I find the most updated prices for beverages?" There's a link to a wonderful blog by the Preisman family, that includes scans of every drink and food menu on board (if you click on their Celebrity Infinity review from Nov. 2014, and then go to the Menus tab, you'll see it). From there, it's really up to you to decide whether it's worth it.

Edited by Illyria

If you actually read through the first post in this thread - scroll to A La Carte Drinking and go to the section titled "Where can I find the most updated prices for beverages?" There's a link to a wonderful blog by the Preisman family, that includes scans of every drink and food menu on board (if you click on their Celebrity Infinity review from Nov. 2014, and then go to the Menus tab, you'll see it). From there, it's really up to you to decide whether it's worth it.

Yeah, so... I did happen to read the whole initial post as well as viewed the great reports. As I said, I'm a first time cruiser and just trying to get information here, not exactly knowing what to expect. I didn't see MY cruise reviewed, or even a Celebrity cruise in Alaska so wasn't sure if pricing was different based on region etc... or changed for 2015 sailings, along side all the other changes. Forgive me for asking a question that may have been answered elsewhere. Thanks for pointing this stuff out.

Edited by akke29

I didn't see MY cruise reviewed, or even a Celebrity cruise in Alaska so wasn't sure if pricing was different based on region etc... or changed for 2015 sailings, along side all the other changes.

Even if the price has changed - it will likely only go up :)

Sailing next week on the southbound Millennium Seward to Vancouver in a SkySuite. This is our first cruise and trying to figure out the beverage package decision. We're not big drinkers, enjoying the occasional wine with dinner. If I were just traveling with my friends, I'd absolutely get one of the packages. This trip is with my Parents, which means it will be more tame. Most beverage consumption will revolve around coffee, tea and water. That said, I've elected to not buy a beverage package and just order and pay for extras should we want something extra. The more I read CC, the more I think maybe we need a package. Without having access to cost, it's hard to determine if it will be worth it. Any thoughts?

Honestly, wait until you're on board to decide. If the prices seem to be too much, you may want to get a non-alcoholic package to cover the majority of your daily drinks and then buy your wine a la carte. I hope you enjoy your cruise :D

Honestly, wait until you're on board to decide. If the prices seem to be too much, you may want to get a non-alcoholic package to cover the majority of your daily drinks and then buy your wine a la carte. I hope you enjoy your cruise :D

Thanks for posting such an informative guide to beverage packages! I think we'll stick with the wait and see approach. 1 week to go!