Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

The classic package doesn't include RedBull, but can I order a call vodka with RedBull as mixer?

This is not a drink that I order, but I do not believe that you can order RedBull as a mixer and have it included in your package unless the bartender either doesn't know that it's not included or lets you have it at his discretion.

What you could try to do (maybe) is to order the vodka through your package and then actually pay for the RedBull. Please don't take my word for any of this, though, since I'm just trying to give you a logical answer.

The classic non-alcoholic beverage package includes Tea Forte from Café al Bacio. I looked at the menu of teas and I'm not sure if an iced green tea with syrup is something that would be included. My daughter likes to get this at Starbucks. Any one get iced teas (peach, green, etc.) with the CNABP?

JoAnn

The classic non-alcoholic beverage package includes Tea Forte from Café al Bacio. I looked at the menu of teas and I'm not sure if an iced green tea with syrup is something that would be included. My daughter likes to get this at Starbucks. Any one get iced teas (peach, green, etc.) with the CNABP?

JoAnn

I believe this would be included.

If I want the occasional premium tea/coffee (once a day), only drink wine once over the course of a one week cruise, occasional beer (say ... twice for the week), premium bottled water twice for the week, etc. The packages almost feel like once purchased, I am limited to what is being offered within a package unless I pay more. Sounds like I should do a classic package but I cannot do all the alcohol in the package. What would be the best course of action for my upcoming cruise (Infinity)?

Edited by Golfingmoron

There are many cruises where promotional rates exist for Canadian residents. Go to the Celebrity website and do a mock booking to find out if any promos apply to your situation.

I did not see any obvious advantage for Canadians in the drink packages section?

I thought about pay as you go ... so any advantage for residents of Canada?

The promotional rates that the other poster is referring to are promotional rates on your booking. There are often special residential rates for residents of certain states or provinces. There are NOT, however, special beverage rates for Canadians.

In my opinion it sounds like you would be better off to pay as you go. That way you won't have to feel as though you are limited to whatever is in the package you are willing to pay for. Or, if you would prefer, take the advice that I gave to the poster above: Purchase a non-alcoholic package at a much more reasonable rate than the alcoholic ones, and then pay as you go for alcohol.

The promotional rates that the other poster is referring to are promotional rates on your booking. There are often special residential rates for residents of certain states or provinces. There are NOT, however, special beverage rates for Canadians.

In my opinion it sounds like you would be better off to pay as you go. That way you won't have to feel as though you are limited to whatever is in the package you are willing to pay for. Or, if you would prefer, take the advice that I gave to the poster above: Purchase a non-alcoholic package at a much more reasonable rate than the alcoholic ones, and then pay as you go for alcohol.

Would you say the classic non-alcoholic package is good for say one juice and one premium coffee per day? (Outside of the MDR and the buffet restaurant that is. )

How do you order with the classic package if you aren't sure what's included? Do you tell them each time, I have the classic package, which xxx (wine, give , etc) is included? I worry about ordering the wrong thing and having to pay.

How do you order with the classic package if you aren't sure what's included? Do you tell them each time, I have the classic package, which xxx (wine, give , etc) is included? I worry about ordering the wrong thing and having to pay.

Not to worry!! Just order your drink and hand the bartender your card at the same time or just ask if it is covered. He will tell you if it is not included.

More than likely, if you do not order a "top shelf" brand liquor, it will be included. Since I don't know what you normally drink, I really can't give you any other advice other than "don't worry!".

Would you say the classic non-alcoholic package is good for say one juice and one premium coffee per day? (Outside of the MDR and the buffet restaurant that is. )

The cost of 1 juice and 1 premium coffee would be around $9.00 + 18%. You can have as many as you like with the package. No limits! And, you can order any of the items in the restaurant or buffet.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

Prices Starting From*

$18.00 USD Adult

Overview

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. Price shown is per person, per day.

It is just like the Oceanview buffet! You can drink all you want all day long. There are no limits, it can be used everywhere, not just in the MDR.

As previous posters have said, you can order beverages in the buffet and MDR, too! If all you want is one of each per day, though, you may be better off paying as you go. I believe you'd need to order a few non alcoholic drinks a day to break even. It's never a problem for us in the Caribbean since I drink a lot of water and iced tea, but I don't know either your destination or your drinking habits. :)

Just to add to gimletgal's response...

Your drink package will be printed on your Sea Pass so the bartender should know what package you have. Most of them will double check if you order something outside of your package level, but if it makes you more comfortable feel free to ask and confirm every time. It never hurts to ask.

my wifester likes red wines, Shiraz the most. After a couple of hours on ship she pretty well knows which will be covered by our package.

When in doubt we will simply say, we have the classic, which reds? Every bar stocks a couple different kinds. And they will gladly give her a taste of each to determine which she likes.

The staff is very very helpful, gracious, kind, wonderful, need I go on!:D

It is really a very very very simple process, and becomes a non factor when we upgrade to the Premium level. Best $12 we have ever spent on a cruise.

EW

my wifester likes red wines, Shiraz the most. After a couple of hours on ship she pretty well knows which will be covered by our package.

When in doubt we will simply say, we have the classic, which reds? Every bar stocks a couple different kinds. And they will gladly give her a taste of each to determine which she likes.

The staff is very very helpful, gracious, kind, wonderful, need I go on!:D

It is really a very very very simple process, and becomes a non factor when we upgrade to the Premium level. Best $12 we have ever spent on a cruise.

EW

Hi Wallie

Totally off-topic question.

I know you said your wife has Stage 4 Celiac.

Does she have a problem with bones breaking easily?

(We're having that problem here and the doctor said the two things are related.)

Thanks!

Hi Wallie

Totally off-topic question.

I know you said your wife has Stage 4 Celiac.

Does she have a problem with bones breaking easily?

(We're having that problem here and the doctor said the two things are related.)

Thanks!

Morning Karen.

She has been nursing a fracture on the top of her foot since September. No Dr can say why it happened. We run 8-10-12 Half Marathons a year but this happened between runs. She broke the little toe on the same foot last week. She is 59, but we are being told that it is related to the Celiac, not simply getting older. :D The body just will not absorbe and retain as it normally does.

Being a waitress, she meets people daily that have varying stages and complications, including brittle bones.

Ew

Morning Karen.

She has been nursing a fracture on the top of her foot since September. No Dr can say why it happened. We run 8-10-12 Half Marathons a year but this happened between runs. She broke the little toe on the same foot last week. She is 59, but we are being told that it is related to the Celiac, not simply getting older. :D The body just will not absorbe and retain as it normally does.

Being a waitress, she meets people daily that have varying stages and complications, including brittle bones.

Ew

Our 10 year old granddaughter is a gymnast and the problem is also with broken toes and an occasional ankle. :(

Guys, while I definitely appreciate the severity of celiac I would like to try to keep this specific thread on topic :o I have to believe it's been doing its job of cutting down on independent drinking threads because the most recent posts are still generally relevant.

Guys, while I definitely appreciate the severity of celiac I would like to try to keep this specific thread on topic :o I have to believe it's been doing its job of cutting down on independent drinking threads because the most recent posts are still generally relevant.

ailetoile, thanks for your responses and starting this thread. I found out that the prices were for per adult per day - I don't know how I got the impression of that it is for per cruise price. It works out to over C$200 per person per cruise for the classic non-alcoholic beverage package. This pushes me to go a la carte / pay as you go. Outside of the main dining room and the buffet restaurant, I cannot imagine I drink that much ... let alone the premium pricing. So NO drinks package for me.

Edited by Golfingmoron