Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Hi - I'm curious to know the choices of wines by the glass that are offered on the "Classic" versus "Premium" package. Does anyone have a list? I am currently signed up for the Classic package, but am thinking of upgrading to the Premium package if there is a better selection.

Hi - I'm curious to know the choices of wines by the glass that are offered on the "Classic" versus "Premium" package. Does anyone have a list? I am currently signed up for the Classic package, but am thinking of upgrading to the Premium package if there is a better selection.

Have been looking for this info too!

You can never know exactly what wines are onboard. Wines up to $8 are in the class, if you go over, you pay for the entire glass, Ito $13 in premium, pay the difference if you want better wines. Think Wente and similar bottles that are in the $35-$40 max price range in a land based restaurant or $15-$20 in a wine store are generally included in the classic package. Add another 50% to the value for premium package wines. Of course there are exceptions and this is just a VERY general answer to your question based on my memory of the types of wines that I've seen recently.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think I read somewhere that you can upgrade from the Classic beverage package to the premium package at any time during the cruise, not necessarily on the first day. Is that true? Do they prorate it for the days remaining on the cruise or charge the $11.80 times the number of days of the entire sailing?

Also, is there a certain point in the cruise when they stop letting you upgrade? I assume they won't let you upgrade for just the final sea day, right? haha Does anyone know when is the last day to upgrade for an 11 day cruise? Thanks!

I think I read somewhere that you can upgrade from the Classic beverage package to the premium package at any time during the cruise, not necessarily on the first day. Is that true? Do they prorate it for the days remaining on the cruise or charge the $11.80 times the number of days of the entire sailing?

Also, is there a certain point in the cruise when they stop letting you upgrade? I assume they won't let you upgrade for just the final sea day, right? haha Does anyone know when is the last day to upgrade for an 11 day cruise? Thanks!

You do not need to do it on the first day.

It is $$11.80/pp/pd left, not the number of days in the sailing. You will get no dispensation for any drink previously purchased.

They will stop selling the upgrades with a few days left but it will vary by cruise and itinerary. It's almost always before the last couple of days.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've read the pdf and it's so comprehensive. Thank you so much for putting it together.

I have a question - apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I know I can only buy one drink at a time on a package; that's fine and makes sense. I'm disabled though so my husband "parks" me at a table, and if there is no drinks waiter, he goes to the bar to order drinks for all three of us.

With a drinks package, can he do this by taking my card as well as his own, and ordering one drink on each card? Or will I have to physically go to the bar and get my own drink. :confused:

I've read the pdf and it's so comprehensive. Thank you so much for putting it together.

I have a question - apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I know I can only buy one drink at a time on a package; that's fine and makes sense. I'm disabled though so my husband "parks" me at a table, and if there is no drinks waiter, he goes to the bar to order drinks for all three of us.

With a drinks package, can he do this by taking my card as well as his own, and ordering one drink on each card? Or will I have to physically go to the bar and get my own drink. :confused:

Yes, as long as he has both cards he should be able to get one drink on each card. My husband did it all the time :)

It's certainly a wider selection with the Premium Package. I'm a "wine pleb" who is happy with most wines (apart from the 1 Euro a bottle stuff in French Supermarkets) and on the Eclipse this month found that the reds on the Classic Package (a Merlot, a Shiraz and a Cabernet Sauvignon) were fine for me. Why not try them (or the whites) on the first night. You can then upgrade if they're not to your taste. No advantage in upgrading in advance.

Stuart

As Jenna (who is SUPER AWESOME) already said, there is unfortunately not a good source of information for which wines are covered under which package. It changes frequently, and in some cases it seems to be at the discretion of the sommelier on the ship.

The selection under the Premium package is wider, but I am not a good person to judge whether it is BETTER.

Again, I know this was already answered by another awesome person, but to confirm: If your husband has two cards he can get two drinks :)

I will add this question to the next round of the PDF because it is a good one!

Does room service offer delivery of drinks to the cabin? Can I order a beer, soda, bottle of water, or glass of wine, being delivered to my cabin? Considering that all guests in the stateroom have a classic package...

Edited by Pipo

Does room service offer delivery of drinks to the cabin? Can I order a beer, soda, bottle of water, or glass of wine, being delivered to my cabin? Considering that all guests in the stateroom have a classic package...

You can order anything you want to be delivered to your cabin, but NOTHING is included in ANY beverage plan.

You will pay FULL price for ANY beverage delivered via room service (other than what is included on the regular room service menu, such as coffee or juice with breakfast).

What is the updated price for PP/PD from classic to premium?

$10 USD plus gratuity (currently 18%) = $11.80 USD (per person, per day).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Some good write up's here.

My first time in posting on this forum and have only experienced one previous cruise on the Norwegian Spirit around the Med.

We have booked our second one for December 2015 on the Solstice around New Zealand. We have booked it direct with Celebrity but don't find them helpful at all with any information requests. This forum is more helpful and has all the answers.:)

However, we do have one question DRINKS PACKAGE / PRICES which seems to be a big deal when booking a cruise (as we are finding out!) ... we didn't take a drinks package out on the first cruise we went on as it was our first time and just wanted to see how things panned out (we are not big drinkers but can keep up if in a crowd)

We are trying to weigh up the benefit of the drinks package and a room upgrade which will give us a certain amount of "credit" but against this, we are wondering to do as we done before in paying as you go as such (I know its billed at the end of the cruise)

Would anyone know the price of individual drinks such as beers / lagers / spirits? Is this info available somewhere?:confused:

We have booked an inner cabin this time but on reflection we would like to upgrade to a sea view or veranda room - anyone have any recommendations on how to do this easily or how to gain any benefits from doing so?

thanks in advance

I would just like to say a big thank you for all the hard work on this thread. For 1st time Celebrity cruiser I have found it invaluable.

We also received the Classic Package as part of a 123 promotion and this thread has convinced me that it will be worth it for us to upgrade to the Premium package for $11.80 per person per day. We also got $175 OBC as part of the on board booking bonus so that nearly covers the upgrade.

I may do it beforehand though so that it's all sorted before we board. We'll easily use up that $175 on speciality dining and incidentals.

Some good write up's here.

Would anyone know the price of individual drinks such as beers / lagers / spirits? Is this info available somewhere?:confused:

That would be UK style pricing then I believe with the grat included, so the prices will be, bottle of (Branded) beer (all USD)- 6.50-9.50 Stella at the top end Bud at the bottom. Wines start at 8.00 and go up to whatever you want to pay, Spirits about 8, but include any of the mixers, higher end spirits >10, basic cocktails about 9. Martini Bar creations about 13.50

Should give you an idea

There is also a drinks calculator somewhere on this board, and you can work out if its suits you to purchase a package. Someone may be able to post the link.

Edited by SWORRUB1

Hope someone can answer this question! For our upcoming cruise we have the 123go Classic Beverage Package. OH doesn't drink alcohol. Would it be possible to switch him to a Premium Non Alcoholic Package and upgrade me to the Premium Alcohol Package without incurring any cost? On paper it looks as if it would save X money, but don't know if they would allow it.

Hope someone can answer this question! For our upcoming cruise we have the 123go Classic Beverage Package. OH doesn't drink alcohol. Would it be possible to switch him to a Premium Non Alcoholic Package and upgrade me to the Premium Alcohol Package without incurring any cost? On paper it looks as if it would save X money, but don't know if they would allow it.

There have been no reports of any successes in doing this as far as I can remember. It doesnt save them money if its stops you purchasing!!:)

Awesome question, but they won't allow it. There is a fixed cost to upgrade, and Celebrity doesn't refund money for the perk if you downgrade. Therefore, in their eyes the two moves don't average out.

Thanks folks - didn't think it would work although it does seem logical to me!! OH will just have to pay for his San Pellegrino - that's the only item that we purchase when we have these packages, as I always make sure I'm within the budget for my drinks. Shame - I quite fancied being able to try some different wines!