Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Can you still get canned soda on the Classic & Premium Alcohol packages? The current info on Celebrity's website (see link below) only lists fountain soda with these two packages. We've had the Premium package twice and were always able to get cans of soda. Have they downgraded that to fountain soda as the PDF list suggests?

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Can you still get canned soda on the Classic & Premium Alcohol packages? The current info on Celebrity's website (see link below) only lists fountain soda with these two packages. We've had the Premium package twice and were always able to get cans of soda. Have they downgraded that to fountain soda as the PDF list suggests?

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

As of two weeks ago you could still get canned soda with both Classic and Premium alcohol packages. The PDF is just oddly vague.

Thanx...I believe that you are right. I was advised by a member of my Infinity roll call that you can't...she tried. Has to be done by phone.

Marc

I tried upgrading online too, but it will charge you the full amount for the premium package. I just called Celebrity after that, it was pretty quick and easy, and they already emailed confirmation.

I always drink martini's on-the-rocks with Chopin or Christiana vodka. So now with the Classic I'll have to settle for Absolute or Stolichnaya. But from what I've read, my martini will now be in a small glass. How small is small?

Would the same apply to my wife's Gimlet?

• Classic Non-Alcoholic Package ($16.00 / $18.88 per night): Unlimited espresso-based coffees and Tea Forte from Café al Bacio,
  • Premium Non-Alcoholic Package ($20.00 / $23.60 per night): Unlimited Café al Bacio menu items,

What is the difference between these two coffee items in the difference packages?

I always drink martini's on-the-rocks with Chopin or Christiana vodka. So now with the Classic I'll have to settle for Absolute or Stolichnaya. But from what I've read, my martini will now be in a small glass. How small is small?

So get three. It's unlimited-- yes, it's annoying but you can replenish often.

Would the same apply to my wife's Gimlet?

This "smaller glass" statement only applies to the martini bar where the martinis are served in larger glasses than the other bars on the ship. When we say "smaller glass", we really should say "the same size glass as all the other bars use".

...(Using Beverage Packages) Can I use my beverage package to purchase drinks for other people? Can I share my beverage package?

No. You may not use your beverage package to purchase drinks for anyone besides yourself....

Since your FAQ includes the wine packages you might want to clarify that the full bottles of wine purchased with the wine package, as well as full bottles of wine purchased with a discount on the beverage package, can be shared with whomever you like. This is because these purchases are priced by the bottle as opposed to the other beverage packages which are priced per person and for an unlimited quantity.

Edited by Lsimon

Since your FAQ includes the wine packages you might want to clarify that the full bottles of wine purchased with the wine package, as well as full bottles of wine purchased with a discount on the beverage package, can be shared with whomever you like. This is because these purchases are priced by the bottle as opposed to the other beverage packages which are priced per person and for an unlimited quantity.

That's a good idea. I will definitely do that in my next update. I've been kind of holding back to see if anything came off the sticky thread, but since nothing has as of yet I think I'll make another update soon to address some of the new points of clarification that have been raised.

• Classic Non-Alcoholic Package ($16.00 / $18.88 per night): Unlimited espresso-based coffees and Tea Forte from Café al Bacio,
  • Premium Non-Alcoholic Package ($20.00 / $23.60 per night): Unlimited Café al Bacio menu items,

What is the difference between these two coffee items in the difference packages?

I believe the classic doesn't allow the specialty coffee drinks that have alcohol and/or gelato in them where the premium allows it.

This seems to be the most correct although I've read that the interpretation of which coffee drinks go with which package is often inconsistent between ships.

As of two weeks ago you could still get canned soda with both Classic and Premium alcohol packages. The PDF is just oddly vague.

When you look at the beverage package offerings on the Celebrity website, you will see that it includes both can and fountain options. I remember getting food at the mast grill where cans of soda are available. I got one with my drink package.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey lawgirl! The first one is a great idea that I will add for my next update.

As for the second one... I see this topic come up and I'd actually love to add it, but I'm not 100% sure of the answer. I've seen some people say they've been charged tax at some ports, while others insist that the bartenders wait to run the purchase (for drinks, too) until the ship is at sea so there won't be tax. Any insights?

I think that sailings out of Spain round trip have an 8% tax added,

That is why they have stopped Barcelona to Barcelona sailings,

(Using Beverage Packages) Are the cards for the enomatic wine machines covered by any beverage packages?

No. The cards for the enomatic wine machines (when they are functional at all) are not covered by any beverage packages and you cannot use the pricing offset from the Premium Package to reduce the price. The 15% (Classic Package) or 20% (Premium Package) discount on bottles of wine is also not applicable to these cards since you are not purchasing a bottle of wine.

These machines have been removed from the fleet and if not

are not operational,

Great info you are a real star for putting all this together,

Celebrity should hire you to update their awful web site information

Firstly I apologise if these questions have already been asked.

Can you tell me the correct price for the upgrade from Classic to Premium for a cruise originating in Sydney? Are there different prices if you upgrade before the cruise and onboard?

Also what sorts of coffees are included in each as both packages say "Premium Coffee and Tea", does the Classic include Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice in the breakfast area (we had a package on RCI last September and it didn't).

Do you know anywhere I can find out what beers are included for Sydney sailings and what wines as well? If you can't answer all these questions maybe someone else can chime in? Much appreciated.

(Using Beverage Packages) Are the cards for the enomatic wine machines covered by any beverage packages?

No. The cards for the enomatic wine machines (when they are functional at all) are not covered by any beverage packages and you cannot use the pricing offset from the Premium Package to reduce the price. The 15% (Classic Package) or 20% (Premium Package) discount on bottles of wine is also not applicable to these cards since you are not purchasing a bottle of wine.

These machines have been removed from the fleet and if not

are not operational,

Great info you are a real star for putting all this together,

Celebrity should hire you to update their awful web site information

On the last two M-Class ships we were on, they were operational. Millennium in Nov/Dec and Summit just a few weeks ago.

Firstly I apologise if these questions have already been asked.

Can you tell me the correct price for the upgrade from Classic to Premium for a cruise originating in Sydney? Are there different prices if you upgrade before the cruise and onboard?

Also what sorts of coffees are included in each as both packages say "Premium Coffee and Tea", does the Classic include Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice in the breakfast area (we had a package on RCI last September and it didn't).

Do you know anywhere I can find out what beers are included for Sydney sailings and what wines as well? If you can't answer all these questions maybe someone else can chime in? Much appreciated.

ALL of this info is in this FAQ and I think you'll find it very valuable to actually spend the time and read it, and the changes that have been made just since the OP posted it and diligently spent time to update it.

The price is 11.80 including the 18% service charge. This may be rounded up to $12 as they may include gratuities on sailings out of Australia (and the UK). The price is the same regardless of when you upgrade.

Coffee is listed on both packages because, it is included on both packages.

Beers and wines will vary by sailing and it will be impossible to know exactly what will be onboard for each sailing. Standard beers like Heineken, Corona and Bud will most certainly be onboard, as will Wente wines, but we've found regardless of location, wines onboard do vary and seem to be in the process of switching providers so some wines are running out and being discontinued.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I have done some research, read lots of threads, downloaded the spread sheet that aletoile has prepared, etc and have asked these questions specifically because I can't find the definitive answers!

In several different places I have read that the charge to upgrade is $11.80 per day but on looking at the Aust site for Celebrity they list the prices of the bev packages as Classic $72.27 and Premium $87.03 which is a difference of $14.76 which is why I asked if anyone had any experience of the Aust prices because it has never said if the amount stated was USD.

I know that coffee is included in both packages and both say Premium Tea and Coffee BUT I was asking about the Specialty Coffees such as Mocha, Latte etc, some threads say they are included in Premium Package and some say they are extra again so was asking if anyone had specific knowledge.

I know Beers and wines will vary but I thought someone might have some idea if any of the normal Aussie beers were available in sailings from Sydney

Just want to make sure what we can get and if it is worth it to upgrade. :confused:

I have done some research, read lots of threads, downloaded the spread sheet that aletoile has prepared, etc and have asked these questions specifically because I can't find the definitive answers!

In several different places I have read that the charge to upgrade is $11.80 per day but on looking at the Aust site for Celebrity they list the prices of the bev packages as Classic $72.27 and Premium $87.03 which is a difference of $14.76 which is why I asked if anyone had any experience of the Aust prices because it has never said if the amount stated was USD.

I know that coffee is included in both packages and both say Premium Tea and Coffee BUT I was asking about the Specialty Coffees such as Mocha, Latte etc, some threads say they are included in Premium Package and some say they are extra again so was asking if anyone had specific knowledge.

I know Beers and wines will vary but I thought someone might have some idea if any of the normal Aussie beers were available in sailings from Sydney

Just want to make sure what we can get and if it is worth it to upgrade. :confused:

Just wait until you get on-board...there is no reason to buy the upgrade ahead of time....same price...and it will be 11.80 USD per day.

Great FAQ

love the tip on buying ahead of time a bottle of wine from celebrity shop and that you can bring in a glass from your stateroom or bar to the dining room.

I do hope that Celebrity upgrades their regular coffee as it was not so good

Anyone know the latest on whether RS and above still get complimentary premium beverage packages, as is suggested above? I can't find that on the Celebrity web site list of perks. Thx

Try this page, http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class#&panel1-3&panel2-3&panel3-3&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-3

I did look under ships/staterooms/suites and they don't show. Apparently Celebrity needs to hire some people that post here to point out all their inconsistencies. They obviously can't figure it out on their own. They have the old perks mixed in with the new and not all of the new ones mentioned. How much sense does it make to tell you that you get Unlimited Specialty Dining then post 1 dinner for so many days and 2 over a certain amount. Get rid of the old information!!

But when it comes to info on X's website you must keep your expectations low. How sad. No mention I could find of Michaels.

There's a better list of what's available somewhere. I think Clem might have a link to it in some of his posts.