Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Having cruised with Celebrity once previously we are aware of the two options of Alcohol drinks packages .

However when we booked recently the U.K. travel agent advised our free drinks package was a "Standard Classic." She went onto say the "Standard Classic" was the free version of the Classic, but her description of it confused me, somewhat, leaving me wondering if it is the same as the Classic, but free, or whether it is a different animal all together.

I have never heard mention of the "standard classic" on this forum or elsewhere and am hoping someone can clarify for us.

Thanks in anticipation

Having cruised with Celebrity once previously we are aware of the two options of Alcohol drinks packages .

However when we booked recently the U.K. travel agent advised our free drinks package was a "Standard Classic." She went onto say the "Standard Classic" was the free version of the Classic, but her description of it confused me, somewhat, leaving me wondering if it is the same as the Classic, but free, or whether it is a different animal all together.

I have never heard mention of the "standard classic" on this forum or elsewhere and am hoping someone can clarify for us.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi there! The Standard Package seems to have been something that Celebrity tried in the UK only where you basically get house beers and wines, and some soft drinks. It is a stripped down version of the Classic Package from my understanding. I am still very fuzzy on the details because the package hasn't been mentioned or advertised anywhere else. It's hard to find information about it in Canada!

In addition to the lack of information, I've also held off on adding it to this FAQ because my suspicion (especially with the new Go Big stuff) is that it will not make it past a smallish test in the UK. If it turns out that it is added permanently instead of as part of a promotion for a single country, then I will add as much information about it as I can find to the FAQ.

Hi there! The Standard Package seems to have been something that Celebrity tried in the UK only where you basically get house beers and wines, and some soft drinks. It is a stripped down version of the Classic Package from my understanding. I am still very fuzzy on the details because the package hasn't been mentioned or advertised anywhere else. It's hard to find information about it in Canada!

In addition to the lack of information, I've also held off on adding it to this FAQ because my suspicion (especially with the new Go Big stuff) is that it will not make it past a smallish test in the UK. If it turns out that it is added permanently instead of as part of a promotion for a single country, then I will add as much information about it as I can find to the FAQ.

Thank you for your response. Having now phoned Celebrity Uk, a very helpful operator drew my attention to the information on their UK site.

Basically the Standard package includes

Standard Drinks Package

Drinks Included:

House collection of most popular grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pinot Noir and other red blends

10% discount on wines by the bottle

Selected frozen drinks and cocktails up to $7 per glass

Selected spirits (Vodka, Gin, Blend Whiskey, White Rum, Silver Tequila)

Selected beers (Bud, Coors Light, Bud Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Amstel)

Bottled water

Selected (on-tap) soft drinks

He clarified spirits are not branded names but local versions (eg white rum instead of Bacardi). It is noticable brandy is not covered, and mixers are not canned but piped.

On our 14 night cruise to upgrade to the Classic package is £109 pp.

Personally we feel the standard package will suit us fine, but if necessary we will upgrade on board after a few days.

Thank you for your response. Having now phoned Celebrity Uk, a very helpful operator drew my attention to the information on their UK site.

Basically the Standard package includes

Standard Drinks Package

Drinks Included:

House collection of most popular grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pinot Noir and other red blends

10% discount on wines by the bottle

Selected frozen drinks and cocktails up to $7 per glass

Selected spirits (Vodka, Gin, Blend Whiskey, White Rum, Silver Tequila)

Selected beers (Bud, Coors Light, Bud Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Amstel)

Bottled water

Selected (on-tap) soft drinks

He clarified spirits are not branded names but local versions (eg white rum instead of Bacardi). It is noticable brandy is not covered, and mixers are not canned but piped.

On our 14 night cruise to upgrade to the Classic package is £109 pp.

Personally we feel the standard package will suit us fine, but if necessary we will upgrade on board after a few days.

Thanks so much for the info! If it seems like it'll be permanent I will use this post for the details when I add it to the FAQ :D

First let me say thanks to ailetoile for an awesome thread. Even though I'm a year out I've read through the whole thing and its just chocked full of useful information. I've also subscribed so I wont miss any new stuff that may come out.

Hope you don't find my question out of place, but didn't know where else to ask. I've got Premium Package (with alcohol, :p) and I don't see my favorite, Crown Royal on there!! Is this an oversight, or is Crown not included, any recent Crown drinking cruisers know???

Thanks

First let me say thanks to ailetoile for an awesome thread. Even though I'm a year out I've read through the whole thing and its just chocked full of useful information. I've also subscribed so I wont miss any new stuff that may come out.

Hope you don't find my question out of place, but didn't know where else to ask. I've got Premium Package (with alcohol, :p) and I don't see my favorite, Crown Royal on there!! Is this an oversight, or is Crown not included, any recent Crown drinking cruisers know???

Thanks

there's definitely crown out there, covered under premium package. Of course all brands are subject to change, but I've seen it on ships.

Weighing up our options about whether to do drinks package on the 18 night Celebrity Solistice sailing from Hawaii to Sydney and would appreciate some advice. This will be our average alcohol consumption for both adults per day. We're happy with house and not fussed on premium brands:-

3 beers

3 Whiskeys

4 glasses of wine

2-3 gin and tonics

Is the package worth it?

Weighing up our options about whether to do drinks package on the 18 night Celebrity Solistice sailing from Hawaii to Sydney and would appreciate some advice. This will be our average alcohol consumption for both adults per day. We're happy with house and not fussed on premium brands:-

3 beers

3 Whiskeys

4 glasses of wine

2-3 gin and tonics

Is the package worth it?

as it is included, also juices and Tea & Coffee, both normal and specialty.

3 beers

3 Whiskeys

4 glasses of wine

2-3 gin and tonics

Is the package worth it?

I think at least the Classic Pkg would be worth it.

Try my drink package calculator and see which packaged offer value! I posted this on a different thread but have recently update to reflect latest pricings. There is also a link to leave some feedback or suggestions, all of which would be most appreciated. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NR5hlMjY0zh5c6WWe88iITw1taOAAO_6-TYCA2SWU4U/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 beers

3 Whiskeys

4 glasses of wine

2-3 gin and tonics

Is the package worth it?

as it is included, also juices and Tea & Coffee, both normal and specialty.

And bottle and sparkling water, along with the smoothies at the Aqua Spa Café.

My wife and I had 2 specialty coffee's in the morning, then a double espresso with desert after dinner.

The bev pkg's are not just about liquor.

I agree, it isn't just about the liquor.

For example, the soda package is useless to me because I don't drink a lot of soda.

But I do drink a lot of club soda with a splash of OJ or grapefruit juice in it.

And what do I love more than a cappuccino in the AM? Not much!

Yes, I do love the grape, but there are plenty of non-alcohol beverages that I enjoy also.

I'm as far as page 9 and I'll read the rest, but I wanted to ask this while still fresh in my mind.

REgarding the Classic package. DH drinks Tequilla Sunrises and Gin and Tonics .... this is OK for Classic, right?

I like a Manhattan. Is this in the same category as a martini? Meaning if I order one, it wil come in a *small* glass?

Thanks. :)

QE2_fan, tried to complete spreadsheet on my android phine but not working so will try on computer.

If we do classic package for 18 days looking at cost of approx $2500 for both of us . Were paying airfares of $6250 as we're flying from UK so we really need to weigh up whether we'll get our good value from package.

Try my drink package calculator and see which packaged offer value! I posted this on a different thread but have recently update to reflect latest pricings. There is also a link to leave some feedback or suggestions, all of which would be most appreciated. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NR5hlMjY0zh5c6WWe88iITw1taOAAO_6-TYCA2SWU4U/edit?usp=docslist_api

Thank you for this very helpful spreadsheet which worked on my main computer. Definitely food for thought!

Edited by kadikale

REgarding the Classic package. DH drinks Tequilla Sunrises and Gin and Tonics .... this is OK for Classic, right?

I like a Manhattan. Is this in the same category as a martini? Meaning if I order one, it wil come in a *small* glass?

Tequila sunrises, gin and tonics, and other "classical" drinks are generally covered under the Classic Package. You just won't get top-shelf liquor choices.

I'd like to clarify the "small" glasses thing about martinis and other similar drinks (and I will make a point of addressing this in the next FAQ update). When we talk about "large" and "small" glasses, this applies only to the Martini Bar.

Other bars serve martinis and similar drinks such as Manhattans in a normal-sized glass. The Martini Bar makes specialty drinks that come in larger than normal glasses. The "small" from them is the same size that you would get from a regular bar.

QE2_fan, tried to complete spreadsheet on my android phine but not working so will try on computer.

If we do classic package for 18 days looking at cost of approx $2500 for both of us . Were paying airfares of $6250 as we're flying from UK so we really need to weigh up whether we'll get our good value from package.

Honestly, it sounds like you will be the very happiest if you start out paying as you go. Just keep in mind that you can buy drinks a la carte to begin and then upgrade to a beverage package part of the way through your cruise if you feel that you'll get a good value after seeing what your actual drinking preferences are. This would prevent you from having to guess in advance and could potentially save you some or even a lot of money. :D

Thank you for this very helpful spreadsheet which worked on my main computer. Definitely food for thought!

Great, yes Google sheets doesn't fully support mobile devices (although having and opening in the Google app helps)...it is better opened on a laptop/PC.

The spreadsheet was very helpful. I have a rudimentary spreadsheet that I used to calculate costs. Your is much more detailed. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

On my upcoming 9 night cruise I'd like to upgrade my Premium Non Booze to Premium Booze with only 4 days left, maybe 3 days if allowed. Here is my question. If I upgrade at say 7AM at the coffee bar, with say an Irish Coffee (YUM!), do they charge me for the last day too, disembarkation day? I'm looking to upgrade on the morning of the 6th day on our 9 'day' cruise. Would I be charged for 3, 4 or 5 days for the upgrade? Sorry for the complexity. I guess the question is, do I pay for each 24 hour day or just from the time I upgrade. Thus I could wait until afternoon to avoid an extra day of upgrading my package.

Pat

Hi all,

Quick question if anyone could answer it.

Going on the Eclipse on the 30th this month, both my wife and I have the premium package.

We've just found out the wife is pregnant (woohoo!), so looking at downgrading her package (booo! :) )

I don't know if I'm being picky but the non-alcoholic packages list fresh/bottled juices (for the classic) and then non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies (for the premium).

Is this inclusive of all form of non-alcoholic cocktails as well? Or purely juices on their own and frozen drinks/smoothies. Celebrity has made quite detailed lists of what you can have in your packages, and as the alcoholic packages mention cocktails specifcially I'm a bit unsure if my wife will be able to have the things she wants.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thanks, the spreadsheet is a great help. Will work out ours now based on this.

I am not sure if this has been answered already ( can't see it) but can some one tell me what are the brands of water that are Premium and Non Premium. if we did not have them in a package what would they cost per bottle?

thank you in advance for all your help :)