Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Hello again ailetoile , ( linen wing or star?) Fun name!

I read through your very detailed info on bringing wine on board ( we are on Celebrity Infinity - April 13 - Panama cruise.)

I just want to make sure this is OK .

I bought 5 bottles ( 4 wines, 1 vodka) from the Gift Boutique ( at decent prices) to be sent to our stateroom as we did not take a package for our 15 day cruise. MY QUESTIONS:Will I still be able to bring my 2 bottles on board upon arrival? And can we replenish at different ports or not ? I appreciate your knowledge coming from all that wonderful sailing experience. Suzanne

I'm not sure what Gift Boutique you mean, but any alcohol bought at a gift shop not on the ship will not by the rules be allowed to be brought onboard except for the 2 bottles of wine at the embarkation port only. What happens in practice can and will vary. Any alcohol purchased in the onboard gift shop will be delivered to you at the end of the cruise and is not able to be consumed onboard. If you want a bottle of alcohol in your cabin it has to be purchased from the bar set-up service.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wow, this is such helpful information! I am new to X, also & want to make sure I am right in understanding. With Royal Suite (RS) Perks:

1. Does the Premium Bev. Pack with a RS include non-alcohol drinks, too?

2. If a drink is $13, does that includes the 18% tax in the total?

3. Does anyone have list of drinks/prices for a Premium Package--what is the price limit for drinks in this package?

Thank you so very, very much. I so apologize if these are "repeat" questions.

Francis :)

Wow, this is such helpful information! I am new to X, also & want to make sure I am right in understanding. With Royal Suite (RS) Perks:

1. Does the Premium Bev. Pack with a RS include non-alcohol drinks, too?

2. If a drink is $13, does that includes the 18% tax in the total?

3. Does anyone have list of drinks/prices for a Premium Package--what is the price limit for drinks in this package?

Thank you so very, very much. I so apologize if these are "repeat" questions.

Francis :)

I am so surprised I seem to be the most frequent person to answer.

1. Yes, any beverage basically under $13 (or whatever the current limit is) but this varies a bit with beers.

2. The 18% "tax" is really a service charge, and it is irrelevant (unless you are sailing in Great Britain). If the base amount is included, the service fee is too. if you go over by $1, you will pay $1.18, which is the $1 over, plus the service fee on the $1, not the service fee on the $13.

3. You have answered your own question. The price limit for any one drink is $13. For example, you can order just about any Vodka onboard, but if you mix a couple high end liquors, you _may_ go over. If you want a drink, they can usually substitute spirits to make it under. Truly the only time we even really have found an issue is more expensive wines by the glass, but we don't drink more expensive scotches for example which are likely over the limit.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm not sure what Gift Boutique you mean, but any alcohol bought at a gift shop not on the ship will not by the rules be allowed to be brought onboard except for the 2 bottles of wine at the embarkation port only. What happens in practice can and will vary. Any alcohol purchased in the onboard gift shop will be delivered to you at the end of the cruise and is not able to be consumed onboard. If you want a bottle of alcohol in your cabin it has to be purchased from the bar set-up service.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hello Again Jenna,

I bought the bottles directly from Celebrity Cruises - I believe for consumption on board, as they consider them GIFTS. They also requested the date that we want them delivered in the stateroom. I will surely double check with their customer service - but this is the link.

[/url]

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-spirits-wines/champagne

Your thoughts are appreciated . Thank you Suzanne

Edited by Bleu Azur
the link did not work initially.

Hello Again Jenna,

I bought the bottles directly from Celebrity Cruises - I believe for consumption on board, as they consider them GIFTS. They also requested the date that we want them delivered in the stateroom. I will surely double check with their customer service - but this is the link.

[/url]

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-spirits-wines/champagne

Your thoughts are appreciated . Thank you Suzanne

Yes. "Gifts by Celebrity" is consumable onboard/in your cabin and of course you can gift to yourself. I believe you can even take a gifted bottle of wine to a dinning room without corkage fee. It not it would certainly be an odd policy.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You guys totally caught me while I was out on my own cruise! :D

Just to add to this, if you meant Gifts By Celebrity then yes you could bring two additional bottles of wine aboard per stateroom. The IS a corkage fee for wine you bring aboard yourself but not for wine from Gifts By Celebrity.

There's always a chance your additional liquor won't be confiscated at the port where you purchase it but I wouldn't count on it.

I have some updates to make to the pdf when I get caught up in real life so I will make sure to clarify this.

Jenna, thanks for being awesome :) :) :)

Edited by ailetoile

Welcome home! Thank you so much for these answers. You've been a huge help. I do have a question about the Classic Drink Package, it doesn't include alcoholic coffee drinks, but can you get a shot of baileys and then go get a NA specialty coffee? With me asking this can you also, w/the classic drink package get a shot? Thank you very much!!!!!!

The two attached lists were valid last August when sailing on Equinox around the Med for the select package

However I notice the link (on the first page) show drinks on the attached list now on the Premier Package

Its strange how they make the decision of what beers are on the select package and the premier package, I assume its decided in the US, hence when in Europe, some of the cheaper beers in Europe appear as premium on the ship

I wonder if anyone can confirm its the same list of wines this year out of uk? I read a review over on the review board where it mentioned only one wine available on classic package.

Welcome home! Thank you so much for these answers. You've been a huge help. I do have a question about the Classic Drink Package, it doesn't include alcoholic coffee drinks, but can you get a shot of baileys and then go get a NA specialty coffee? With me asking this can you also, w/the classic drink package get a shot? Thank you very much!!!!!!

Yes, you can make your own drinks as it were with the Baileys and a non alcoholic coffee purchased one after the other. You can get shots of included alcohols.

And thanks! :)

I wonder if anyone can confirm its the same list of wines this year out of uk? I read a review over on the review board where it mentioned only one wine available on classic package.

This is one thing I cannot confirm as I never saw a wine list on my recent sailing. Jenna may have more luck on her upcoming sailing if no one else answers before that?

This is one thing I cannot confirm as I never saw a wine list on my recent sailing. Jenna may have more luck on her upcoming sailing if no one else answers before that?

They sometimes offer wines by the glass that I haven't seen in any list so the lists are only so accurate.

We'll also be eating in Luminae so I may not see MDR menus but I'll try.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was slightly unclear about one thing. We booked a cruise for May and we received "classic beverage" packages from Celebrity as a perk of booking. Will some 18% gratuity be added to our shipboard account based on the $49 daily value or does "free" mean free?

I was slightly unclear about one thing. We booked a cruise for May and we received "classic beverage" packages from Celebrity as a perk of booking. Will some 18% gratuity be added to our shipboard account based on the $49 daily value or does "free" mean free?

Free means free. The gratuity is part of the package :)

I've added the following question to the FAQ:

Is my beverage package valid on the first and last day of the cruise?

Yes. You may use your beverage package on both embarkation day and before departing the ship on your disembarkation day.

I have also updated the document to include the increased prices, as well as to make a note about the date of the increase.

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

We are sailing on the Constellation May 28, and have the 123GO package. Today, I received this email from Celebrity:

Dear XXX:

We're excited to welcome you on board and to indulge you in a modern luxury vacation like no other. To help you relax and enjoy your escape completely, we recommend a Beverage Package.

Prices will be increasing on April 20th. Purchase now or up to 4 days prior to your departure date to lock in current lower prices before they go up. Savings apply to most Beverage Packages, which start as low as $8 per day.

How will these price increases affect my existing Classic package? Are they saying the package price is going up, or are individual drink prices going up?

We are sailing on the Constellation May 28, and have the 123GO package. Today, I received this email from Celebrity:

Dear XXX:

We're excited to welcome you on board and to indulge you in a modern luxury vacation like no other. To help you relax and enjoy your escape completely, we recommend a Beverage Package.

Prices will be increasing on April 20th. Purchase now or up to 4 days prior to your departure date to lock in current lower prices before they go up. Savings apply to most Beverage Packages, which start as low as $8 per day.

How will these price increases affect my existing Classic package? Are they saying the package price is going up, or are individual drink prices going up?

The are raising the price of the packages to purchase. Anyone who has a package already booked wither paid, or as part of 123 has nothing to worry about.

Those who have a free package from a perks program, and want to upgrade to Premium, it's a bit unclear as to if the upgrade is $10 plus grats (difference in price between the 2 packages, both last month and now with price increase) or $16 plus grats (Difference in price between Classic Package pre-price increase versus cost of Premium package with new price.

The Celebrity rep has been adamant that it is $10 + 18% gratuity. So far, the report is that this is indeed the case (the guy who was saying he was charged $16 + 18% came back and said that Celebrity admitted they were wrong).

The are raising the price of the packages to purchase. Anyone who has a package already booked wither paid, or as part of 123 has nothing to worry about.

Those who have a free package from a perks program, and want to upgrade to Premium, it's a bit unclear as to if the upgrade is $10 plus grats (difference in price between the 2 packages, both last month and now with price increase) or $16 plus grats (Difference in price between Classic Package pre-price increase versus cost of Premium package with new price.

Thanks.

I now see there is a separate thread on this subject, which I somehow missed! Good to know folks with an existing package will be OK. :)

The Celebrity rep has been adamant that it is $10 + 18% gratuity. So far, the report is that this is indeed the case (the guy who was saying he was charged $16 + 18% came back and said that Celebrity admitted they were wrong).

Correct.... and here is a link to the post from Celebrity contained in the thread they started on this topic of raising the price of all-inclusive packages. Click here.

Correct.... and here is a link to the post from Celebrity contained in the thread they started on this topic of raising the price of all-inclusive packages. Click here.

Not that I necessarily trust that answer as far as I can throw it since it is the second "official" answer in that thread alone, but I do appreciate having it linked here for reference :)

Not that I necessarily trust that answer as far as I can throw it since it is the second "official" answer in that thread alone, but I do appreciate having it linked here for reference :)

You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Can a beverage package be upgraded on line....I see no availability. If so, has anyone done it successfully?

Marc

I believe that you have to call in to upgrade a beverage package that was given to you as a perk. I could be mistaken, though and I don't have a great way to test this. :eek: Does anyone else have any insight here? I'll gladly update the FAQ to include the response.

I believe that you have to call in to upgrade a beverage package that was given to you as a perk. I could be mistaken, though and I don't have a great way to test this. :eek: Does anyone else have any insight here? I'll gladly update the FAQ to include the response.

Thanx...I believe that you are right. I was advised by a member of my Infinity roll call that you can't...she tried. Has to be done by phone.

Marc