BOGOWILD Promo - my anticipation was dashed ! Lol

Even though I knew RCCL wouldn't be giving anything away free my anticipation around booking a cruise for 2016 and getting a genuine offer was stil there . . . . . . .

But. . . . Only for 10 minutes ! Lol

1st price - $1400 for two peopke for a 2016, 8 day cruise - BOGO

2nd price with promo Beverage package selected - $2200

The difference in price is $800 depending whether BOGO or BEVERAGES and it only costs just over $800 to buy the beverage package.

I know this is what we all knew would be the case, but my hope and anticipation was in place and my fingers crossed just in case . . . . . :)

Agree, I have a few saved cruises on the RCI site. I checked them with the new pricing and they are the same.

This sounds like monkey see, monkey do with the NCL marketing. Make it so complicated with drink and dining packages, etc. that the price of the cruise is blurred. (sounds like the last car salesman I talked with)

Another thought, if RCI offers you a discount on cruise fare, that is dollar for dollar. If they offer you a drink package, what does it really cost them? My bet would be very little. Same goes for beverage packages, dining packages, etc.

Cudo's to them, because if they get the bookings they expect from these shell games, then this will be the future of cruise booking.

Edited by L454S

Maybe it's too early but I can't find the option on their website to choose either the BOGO offer or the drink package offer. Both cruises we are considering for December are listed with a slightly higher price than previous but I can't figure out how to price out with the different options. Any suggestions?

Maybe it's too early but I can't find the option on their website to choose either the BOGO offer or the drink package offer. Both cruises we are considering for December are listed with a slightly higher price than previous but I can't figure out how to price out with the different options. Any suggestions?

On the right hand side of the screen is a place to put in a Promo code- put BEVERAGE in that space and it will price it with the beverage package included

Here's a similar thread ... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166889

We all know that it's simply a marketing gimmick, designed to attract new cruisers, families, and those who vacation infrequently.

Nothing's changed for us ... we book as we always have. In fact, when we sit down at the Future Cruise Desk aboard ship, all of us (including the FCC) concede that we're pretty much paying the same (and in some BOGOHO cases, more) irrespective of how it's packaged. Ultimately we end up with the lowest price available, be it at the time we book or sometime down the road when fares drop.

Apparently the campaign is working, as RCI's stock has virtually doubled over the past year ... and if the shareholders are happy, it's all good.

Al

Edited by jewopaho

I put in the cide, price went up, but I dint see any confirmation of the package included.

I see stateroom credit...

I went all the way to the pay screen

I don't see it there either, but the price definitely went way up with I put the code in

I did a courtesy hold and all it said was I got $100 OBC for the oceanview. No mention of beverage package...just a higher price. If the beverage package is included, it's $460 more for an 8 day cruise. That's definitely cheaper than buying separately onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a commercial on TV advertising this promotion.

I still haven't gone to the website to see if our preliminary cruise we are planning to take on Adventure of the Seas leaving December 12 from San Juan for a seven night Caribbean cruise qualifies. We are leaning towards a balcony cabin.

The "drinks package" is advertised on the UK site. It is not the unlimited beverage package it is the select one offering beers, wines up to $8 per glass and soft drinks.

The advert says "all inclusive" which it certainly is not. I wonder how many will not read the small print and be disappointed.

I have just cancelled 19 nights on the Vision of the Seas in Nov/Dec 15 and booked on NCL - much better value.

I don't see it on their site either. I only heard about it thru here Someone posted the flyer a few days ago.

I know! So far their is no confirmation at all..yes the code works but no one knows for sure what they are actually getting.

Thank you SadmanCruiser for posting about your conversation with an agent.

( I read your reply on another post).

We booked this yesterday. I called RCCL and it is indeed the Premium beverage package. I was told that yesterday, and called back in this morning after reading this thread to confirm. It was a good deal for us because the BOGO half off was $595 and the beverage package is about $810. Obviously only a good deal since we were planning on getting the beverage package.

It seems it would be $1060 more for me to change my reservation that I made in December ... not sure how others are getting a price that is cheaper with the beverage package included versus buying on board. In any event, I asked my agent to look into and I'll have to trust she gets back to me with the best option.

Here's a similar thread ... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166889

We all know that it's simply a marketing gimmick, designed to attract new cruisers, families, and those who vacation infrequently.

Nothing's changed for us ... we book as we always have. In fact, when we sit down at the Future Cruise Desk aboard ship, all of us (including the FCC) concede that we're pretty much paying the same (and in some BOGOHO cases, more) irrespective of how it's packaged. Ultimately we end up with the lowest price available, be it at the time we book or sometime down the road when fares drop.

Apparently the campaign is working, as RCI's stock has virtually doubled over the past year ... and if the shareholders are happy, it's all good.

Al

I went on my first cruise last week and I booked another at the Future Cruise Desk aboard ship on our last day as they were offering $400 OC for a sailing in 2016. How do you find out if the price drops?

I went on my first cruise last week and I booked another at the Future Cruise Desk aboard ship on our last day as they were offering $400 OC for a sailing in 2016. How do you find out if the price drops?

Just use Royal's website as if you were booking the same exact cruise and category. Be sure to check the apporpriate boxes regarding state of residence, Senior, etc.

Given Royal's promotional strategy for the past year, I had zero expectations, which were met! I guess it's working with newbies but for past cruisers, this promotion seems like just another misleading marketing handle.

Just use Royal's website as if you were booking the same exact cruise and category. Be sure to check the apporpriate boxes regarding state of residence, Senior, etc.

Thank you for this help and one question: If I find that the fare gets lowered, do I just call RC, since that is who I booked the cruise with vs a travel agent…Since I'm a newbie at this,I want to make sure I do this right.