BOGO WILD OFFER Starting Saturday

Mott1086

Gang:

Here Is The New Promotion That Is Starting On Saturday:

BOGO WILD OFFER:

Buy One Get One 50% OR Free Premium Beverage Package For Two.

PLUS, $100 Of OBC For Oceanview Or $200 OBC For Balcony/Suites

Offer Applies To 5-Night Sailings Or Longer Good For OceanView Rooms And Above.

Promo Runs Feb 14th - March 10th For Trips May 15th, 2015 - April 30th, 2016.

Not On Quantum Or Anthem

On a 12-16 night Transatlantic, that might be a good deal. Lets see Beverage Package: 12X60X2=$1,440 or 14X60X2=$1,680 or possibly 16X60X2=$1,920

For a long cruise, this could be a good deal, depending on how their pricing is, for this sale. :p:rolleyes::eek:

Edited by gkbiiii

Gang:

Here Is The New Promotion That Is Starting On Saturday:

BOGO WILD OFFER:

Buy One Get One 50% OR Free Premium Beverage Package For Two.

PLUS, $100 Of OBC For Oceanview Or $200 OBC For Balcony/Suites

This is getting to be a joke at this point. Are people seriously going to fall for this garbage?!

Yes, many of the new people who are looking at cruising for the first or second time will jump at this. They will spend more money on board than we veteran guests will. It's all about the newbies. And that's business. Shareholders and Wall St. love it.

Rick and Deirdra

On a 12-16 night Transatlantic, that might be a good deal. Lets see Beverage Package: 12X60X2=$1,440 or 14X60X2=$1,680 or possibly 16X60X2=$1,920

For a long cruise, this could be a good deal, depending on how their pricing is, for this sale. :p:rolleyes::eek:

I doubt if they'll include the drink package on any transatlantics.

Friends of ours have booked an April 2016 cruise aboard the Oasis and asked us to go along. We looked at the web site a couple of days ago and after navigating the web site (which ain't easy to do) we saw the price and it included the 1/2 off the 2d passenger plus $200 OBC. We had our TA book it last night so has the sale already begun or is the sale mentioned by the OP something new?

We are taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise this May (Oasis) and not familiar at all with Royal, their web site or anything else. So any advice would be appreciated.

YAY! Another sale that isn't a sale. I wish they'd stop with the OBC stuff at least. I'm not of a mind to give Royal a loan and pay for my OBC up front and then it's non-refundable.

We're booked on the Freedom in 2016 but that may very well be our last cruise on Royal. They are pricing themselves out of existence for me.

YAY! Another sale that isn't a sale. I wish they'd stop with the OBC stuff at least. I'm not of a mind to give Royal a loan and pay for my OBC up front and then it's non-refundable.

We're booked on the Freedom in 2016 but that may very well be our last cruise on Royal. They are pricing themselves out of existence for me.

Nothing seems to be easy when dealing with their web site and trying to figure out pricing; we are booked on a back to back on the Oasis this May; at the time we booked we choose traditional dinning and therefore would pay our gratuities later; then one of the cruises went down in price and we were re-booked but this time RCI changed us to Dynamic Dinning (which no longer exist) and the invoice indicates a balance due and that gratuities are included; we have paid both in full and even though the one indicates paid in full and gratuities are included, it is still the lower price received with the re-book that didn't include gratuities! Even our TA is confused and isn't sure if we have prepaid or not.

16 days of 6+ drinks a day in a row....ouch

Yes, many of the new people who are looking at cruising for the first or second time will jump at this. They will spend more money on board than we veteran guests will. It's all about the newbies. And that's business. Shareholders and Wall St. love it.

And there you have it. Of course, we veterans know better ... and RCI figures that those of us who've earned loyalty status (particularly Diamond and up) will keep coming back, irrespective of the gimmicky promotions. We're pretty adept at figuring out what the cruise will really cost anyway. All RCI is doing is targeting a new (for them) primary demographic ... Carnival's been doing it successfully for decades, and RCI is simply engaging the competition head-on, not a bad practice. The stock price has essentially doubled over the past year ... so if it ain't broke, and the shareholders don't rise up, so be it. We book what we want, when we want, pay no attention to the promos, and rely our incredible TA to take care of the price drops, additional perks and other ancillary concerns.

I did notice, though, that those wishing to book inside staterooms are out of luck this time around. I guess RCI figures that those accommodations will sell out anyway, so there's no need for "incentives."

Al

Can't wait to see how this new sale stacks up tomorrow.

The price of a D2 on our 3/6/16 FOS cruise has already gone up more than $1000 since we booked it during the first BOGO sale, so tomorrow's new sale should really be a fun comparison.:eek:

When BOGO first came out we got some really good prices. We had 1 cruise booked and switched it to BOGO and booked 3 more. Even with all the restrictions the prices were nothing near what we've previously paid. But over time I've watched the prices creep up and up. Now the prices don't seem to be any different then before all the sales started....with more restrictions.

We actually saw a price reduction after we got our early BOGO. It doesn't give the loyalty customers much, if anything. It has now gone up and I don't expect that to change. We have this cruise planned in June, but we will probably decide to give another cruise line a try. No real advantage, although C&A told me "3 drinks per night" was my reward ;).

I agree. I am finding that on our last three Royal cruises we did not care for the food at all. So, we are back to Princess. We were on Explore (Dec.2014), Ruby Princess (1/10/15) and Enchantment (1/19/15). For us and our tastes there was a large difference between the two cruise lines.

Friends of ours have booked an April 2016 cruise aboard the Oasis and asked us to go along. We looked at the web site a couple of days ago and after navigating the web site (which ain't easy to do) we saw the price and it included the 1/2 off the 2d passenger plus $200 OBC. We had our TA book it last night so has the sale already begun or is the sale mentioned by the OP something new?

We are taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise this May (Oasis) and not familiar at all with Royal, their web site or anything else. So any advice would be appreciated.

Jon, we'll be on that April cruise with you (I saw that you had joined the Roll Call).

The sale that starts tomorrow will most likely be a different sale than the one you booked on. RCI's promotions lately have not seemed to be new "sales", but have consisted more of minor tweakings and renamings of the prior promotion. My guess is that tomorrow's sale with feature higher base prices that will offset the savings of the free drink packages.

Hopefully we get pleasantly surprised with a true sale and some noticeable savings, such as the first BOGOHO sale that began last May 1st.

See you on the Oasis!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Can't wait to see how this new sale stacks up tomorrow.

The price of a D2 on our 3/6/16 FOS cruise has already gone up more than $1000 since we booked it during the first BOGO sale, so tomorrow's new sale should really be a fun comparison.:eek:

We are sailing on the FOS on 3/13/16...a week after you. The price is now $800 more overall for a JS than when we booked. Seems like the good rates only existed on BOGO when it first came out...we booked in May of last year.

The BOGo 50% off sale is ending so you bought in just in time. New promo starts tomorrow. I agree that the RCL website is not as easy to navigate as others. Actually I find Carnival's site to be the easiest of all.