Mariner Lunch

cala8

Please help with questions.

Can shorts be worn in dining room for Mariner Lunch?

Does anyone know days for Formal nights,I know they are typically sea days,I am mainly concerned about next to last sea day before arriving in port.

Thank You

Does anyone know days for Formal nights,I know they are typically sea days,I am mainly concerned about next to last sea day before arriving in port.

Thank You

Yes to the shorts. I'd recommend a collared shirt.

Formal night won't be the last night of the cruise, but if you have a sea day the second to last night, it's a candidate for formal night.

If you mean the embarkation day lunch, yes, shorts are OK. If you mean the Mariner Brunch near the end of the cruise, they request no shorts or tee shirts.

While that is absolutely correct, I have certainly seen shorts both at the medallion ceremony and the Mariner's luncheon and never saw anyone turned away. (I am talking very nice dress shorts here).

While DH wouldn't do it, nor would I , they have certainly appeared at both functions.

No shorts are to be worn evenings in MDR. They request no shorts for Mariners Brunch.

We asked about this in December on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We were told that they know people are arriving, so they were okay with shorts. (We were kind of over-dressed, but it's pretty easy to look put together when you are traveling all of 3 miles.)

sail7seas7

No shorts are to be worn evenings in MDR. They request no shorts for Mariners Brunch.

We asked about this in December on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We were told that they know people are arriving, so they were okay with shorts. (We were kind of over-dressed, but it's pretty easy to look put together when you are traveling all of 3 miles.)

:) Mariners Lunch is on Embarkation Day.

:) Mariners Brunch is on a sea day toward end of cruise.

Both are during the day. :)

Edited by sail7seas

:) Mariners Lunch is on Embarkation Day.

:) Mariners Brunch is on a sea day toward end of cruise.

Both are during the day. :)

Well yeah... If I took the time to both read and comprehend, I guess that would make sense. :D

The invitation to the Mariners' Reception and the Mariners' Brunch clearly states a dress code of "smart casual". That would mean no shorts, as they aren't "smart casual".

Perhaps shorts worn with a blazer and knee socks, such as seen in Bermuda, would be fine, but then that would be "informal" and not "smart casual".

Thank You

Your first question: We were invited to a Mariner's Brunch only last Wednesday on our Oosterdam cruise and it was stated as always, No Shorts or Tank Tops.

Second: We had two sea days sailing back to Sydney from New Zealand before disembarkation the next morning, and the first night was a formal night. There was not a lot of space for formal nights on the 14 day cruise and we had only three, the first being the second of the two days it takes to sail to NZ from Sydney and the other was on the night of a short port stop.

Ozcruizer

The invitation to the Mariners' Reception and the Mariners' Brunch clearly states a dress code of "smart casual". That would mean no shorts, as they aren't "smart casual".

Perhaps shorts worn with a blazer and knee socks, such as seen in Bermuda, would be fine, but then that would be "informal" and not "smart casual".

I don't know about that. There is "executive"

wear for females that are shorts. They are really too short to be considered capris since they hit above the knee. Worn with a nice shirt and/or jacket plus cute, strappie sandals it is a well put together look. I'd consider it smart casual.

Now a man would be hard pressed to carry that look, their sandals aren't cute or strappie enough.

What is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill breakfast? I would hate to have to dress to impress for breakfast only to have to change to run around a port later.

What is the dress code for the Pinnacle Grill breakfast? I would hate to have to dress to impress for breakfast only to have to change to run around a port later.

Shorts and tees are fine in the MDR and PG for breakfast and lunch.

I don't know about that. There is "executive"

wear for females that are shorts. They are really too short to be considered capris since they hit above the knee. Worn with a nice shirt and/or jacket plus cute, strappie sandals it is a well put together look. I'd consider it smart casual.

I remember seeing that look at work once, a long, long time ago. The next time I see it on a cruise ship will be the first.