Redeeming RC Visa reward points

BillOh

The agents at the Cruise Rewards Department told me they don't apply the OBC until 2 weeks prior to the cruise. They said to call them at that point to verify they have been applied. Call them at 1-888-305-4626. You can also call to check on your redemption and confirm they have the request.

Hope this helps.

So are you saying if I have a BOGOHO cruise I cannot use any of my points to go toward paying for it? I don't want an OBC I want it to pay for my sister's portion of the cruise. I have 100,000 points and need to use some of them.

NOw if they would just end this stupid BOGOHO sale so I could use my points for a free cruise.

Am hoping to talk hubby into something this fall.

So are you saying if I have a BOGOHO cruise I cannot use any of my points to go toward paying for it? I don't want an OBC I want it to pay for my sister's portion of the cruise. I have 100,000 points and need to use some of them.

The current rules specifically say that the "free cruise", "upgrade", and "companion fare" redemptions cannot be used with BOGOHO. The cruise discount section does not mention BOGOHO, but I thought someone had posted here about not being able to use points for a discount with BOGOHO.

I would like to book a 3/4 night cruise with my points. Is this even possible with the buy one get one free sale at all?

Hey Neighbor. If you can Crown and Anchor you might be able to worth this. I've called a couple of times looking at possible cruises and asked them to ignore the BOGOHO and give me a price.

As Bob said, people have reported trouble using it on the BOGOHO. However the same could have been said for the Pinnacle free cruise and that issue has reportedly been resolved. It might be worth a call to C&A. You might get lucky. If you do, please report back here. I have a cruising buddy who wants to use a couple of them and has been holding off until the issue is resolved.

Thanks. I'll give them a call. I don't care if they take it off mine rather than my Sis'. That could get around the "rules." Don't know why they care.

nancy

The current rules specifically say that the "free cruise", "upgrade", and "companion fare" redemptions cannot be used with BOGOHO. The cruise discount section does not mention BOGOHO, but I thought someone had posted here about not being able to use points for a discount with BOGOHO.

Thanks. I'll give them a call. I don't care if they take it off mine rather than my Sis'. That could get around the "rules." Don't know why they care.

nancy

Thanks, and please report back.:) I'd like to use some points for a discount and every cruise we have booked is BOGOHO now.

• 2 weeks later...

I called the points redemption center today. She advised me to wait until July to redeem my points in case something happened and I had to cancel before then.

I laughed and told her with all the restrictions I was afraid they would eventually give us the points but tell us they could not be used for anything.

She then said something about the rules changing on the BOGOH and that they lifted the restrictions on visa point redemptions because of all the complaints. I told her there were a lot of unhappy people about to abandon the card.

I only wanted to apply points to my fare or my Sis' and she said it would be allowed even though it was BOGOH.

Not sure about companion fares, etc so you might want to check again.

I called the points redemption center today. She advised me to wait until July to redeem my points in case something happened and I had to cancel before then.

I laughed and told her with all the restrictions I was afraid they would eventually give us the points but tell us they could not be used for anything.

She then said something about the rules changing on the BOGOH and that they lifted the restrictions on visa point redemptions because of all the complaints. I told her there were a lot of unhappy people about to abandon the card.

I only wanted to apply points to my fare or my Sis' and she said it would be allowed even though it was BOGOH.

That is great news, thanks for reporting!

Thanks- I never understood why the points could not be used for money off the fare with the BOGOHO.

Thanks- I never understood why the points could not be used for money off the fare with the BOGOHO.

I was able to use points to pay for part of the cruise fare with BOGOHO pricing on the Jewel last month.

Edited by didicruiser

Whats the saying, a day late and a dollar short something along those lines.

Just cashed out all my points and closed the card as worthless :)

Re-apply, then you will get the 10,000 bonus points again which gets your $100 OBC:)

I was able to use points to pay for part of the cruise fare with BOGOHO pricing on the Jewel last month.

They would not let me and I called and tried more than once:rolleyes:

So has anyone tried using the points for a free cruise yet???

I know that previously you couldn't during the BOGOHO. Hoping with enough complaints this will be the case.

If so, for me, this will work out great. We had plans to use all our points last summer to pay for our cruise that leaves in three weeks. Since we did BOGOHO we were told we couldn't and I didn't keep checking back.

We have since complied lots more points and have enough points now to get a free cruise. So life is good

So has anyone tried using the points for a free cruise yet??? ...

I just checked the terms on the website, and they are the same as last October. Hopefully someone (Ellen?) will will try a free cruise redemption soon.

Just off the phone with the Royal Rewards Dept. I was told that you can use the points now for OBC and/or money off the cruise with BOGOHO

You still can not use them for upgrades, free companion or free cruises with BOGOHO.

Well, at least what they told you is consistent with the terms now. The terms never did prohibit money off with BOGOHO, but I know you had problems with that.

Taking money off a Bogoho fare is a poor use of points since you only get 1%. However, it does seem to be the only option anymore. We are getting a "free" cruise on Freedom in June. Booked during BOGO 2, and had to accept the inflated price. Pretty sure at the end of the day, we ended up with the $1250 credit off the going rate at that time. Coming up on our 3rd redemption this summer and it would be nice to see BOGO end so we can book something for Fall 2016

Taking money off a Bogoho fare is a poor use of points since you only get 1%. However, it does seem to be the only option anymore. We are getting a "free" cruise on Freedom in June. Booked during BOGO 2, and had to accept the inflated price. Pretty sure at the end of the day, we ended up with the $1250 credit off the going rate at that time. Coming up on our 3rd redemption this summer and it would be nice to see BOGO end so we can book something for Fall 2016

Holding my breath for fall also. Hopefully this board and also Royal FB pages lights up like crazy and let everyone know if/when the BOgo ends, even it for a few days/hours.

I was one that booked in June and was told I could not apply credit to my balance due. At that time, I was told the only thing I could do is get $1000 OBC and then anything not used would be credited back to the credit card after the cruise was over. We decided to just hold out and accumulate enough for free cruise. Never did we anticipate for the crazy "sale" to last this long.

Just hope I can use these points.

• 3 weeks later...

These Visa pts and BOGO are driving me crazy. I booked a cruise under BOGO.I was told I could use either the crown and anchor balcony discount or get the 200 OBC but not both. I took the balcony discount and also used my next cruise cert. I think I can use Visa point for an OBC, but can I also use it for $ off the cruise or not- because I took the C&A balcony discount. How much can you take for a cruise discount... because it doesn't say you can use multiples if earned? Also I am past final payment, does that matter.

In addition I am looking to book a second cruise soon. Also if bogo ever ends( which I doubt) can you still book a free cruise, then upgrade to a better cabin and only pay the difference? Sorry its so long but I haven't cashed in points before and I am not sure what to do.

These Visa pts and BOGO are driving me crazy. I booked a cruise under BOGO.I was told I could use either the crown and anchor balcony discount or get the 200 OBC but not both. I took the balcony discount and also used my next cruise cert. I think I can use Visa point for an OBC, but can I also use it for $ off the cruise or not- because I took the C&A balcony discount. How much can you take for a cruise discount... because it doesn't say you can use multiples if earned? Also I am past final payment, does that matter.

In addition I am looking to book a second cruise soon. Also if bogo ever ends( which I doubt) can you still book a free cruise, then upgrade to a better cabin and only pay the difference? Sorry its so long but I haven't cashed in points before and I am not sure what to do.

Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. I am sure they will be able to answer your questions.

When you are ready to redeem your points you can go here Go to online redemption site All you need is your User ID and Password that you use when accessing BofA.