Next drydock for Liberty?

We're booked on Liberty out of Galveston for next February. She's on the refurb schedule vaguely for "2016." It looks like there are no cruises scheduled between the January 3rd sailing, and ours on February 7th. I'm just wondering if that might be when she goes into drydock? It obviously wouldn't be a huge refurb as it's not a terribly long block of time, but long enough that it caught my eye and made me curious. My bf is hoping open hope that they put Sabor on Liberty before we sail! He loved that place last week. :D

Any speculation on her drydock?

-gina-

We're booked on Liberty out of Galveston for next February. She's on the refurb schedule vaguely for "2016." It looks like there are no cruises scheduled between the January 3rd sailing, and ours on February 7th. I'm just wondering if that might be when she goes into drydock? It obviously wouldn't be a huge refurb as it's not a terribly long block of time, but long enough that it caught my eye and made me curious. My bf is hoping open hope that they put Sabor on Liberty before we sail! He loved that place last week. :D

Any speculation on her drydock?

-gina-

Most likely the same Navigator and Freedom got. Exact date for Liberty's drydock or details have not yet been announced

Liberty is scheduled for dry-dock in January of 2016. Jan 10 to Feb 7. Most likely she will have the same things done to her as were done to the Freedom minus the fixipod issues.

Since Liberty is just a year younger than Freedom, I think you can bet that all three pods will be overhauled, if just to get the latest and greatest in thrust bearing technology, but certainly to prevent a failure a couple years down the pike.

Since Liberty is just a year younger than Freedom, I think you can bet that all three pods will be overhauled, if just to get the latest and greatest in thrust bearing technology, but certainly to prevent a failure a couple years down the pike.

I have no doubts that they will be overhauled and I hope that they make it to the dry-dock and don't fail earlier like the Freedoms did.

Would this be an earlier or more extensive overhaul than they may have originally planned when the ship was built.

I have no doubts that they will be overhauled and I hope that they make it to the dry-dock and don't fail earlier like the Freedoms did.

Would this be an earlier or more extensive overhaul than they may have originally planned when the ship was built.

Knock wood.

Definitely earlier, but not more extensive. The thrust bearings would have been designed for a minimum of 10 year life, and realistically 15 years. So, if Liberty's luck holds and she can make it to next year, that's about 9 years, so not too bad. Given all the premature failures of the bearings (though it seems more with the larger 20Mw units on Oasis class than the 17Mw units on Freedom class), there have been both redesigns of bearing construction and material to improve lifespan. Any chance that an owner gets to access these bearings (these older units require drydocking for this), they will take advantage of the time to upgrade to the latest and greatest design the manufacturer has to offer.

Thanks for the info! I'm just hoping they actually add Coke Freestyle machines too, like they should have done during Navigator's big refurb last year. Fingers crossed!

Someone posted a month ago that the freestyle soda was installed! I will be on Liberty next Month to be able to confirm this and how many! Pix below that was posted!

6a1202fc020d97535746f79f840eb901.jpg

Someone posted a month ago that the freestyle soda was installed! I will be on Liberty next Month to be able to confirm this and how many! Pix below that was posted!

6a1202fc020d97535746f79f840eb901.jpg

Several people have sailed since and confirmed that they were not installed. Perhaps the person that posted that picture had their ships confused.

Several people have sailed since and confirmed that they were not installed. Perhaps the person that posted that picture had their ships confused.

Such a bummer! I'm on her in two weeks, and bought the soda package when I saw that they were installed. Then, I saw all of the posts that said they were not. :cool:

That stinks since the pax posted it an everything Liberty! I was getting excited!

Happy cruising all!

thanks for sharing we will be on board the 21st of feb, 2016:)

Please let us know and can you also let us know if hoof and claw has some real craft beer! Just all bottle beer basic stuff!