Sheets changed?

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

S

Can't even see where you're coming from because most of what I do on the cruise I don't do at home:)! Do you have someone serve you dinner every night,EEK! Do you have a steward make up your bedroom, EEK!

And maybe I (And many posters here) just have different hygiene standards than you do. No need to get offended.

No offense taken here. I just found the sheet issue a bit odd but different strokes.

As I travel a lot, I really dislike eating out (with some exceptions) and have a steward making up my room is not an issue as well. We keep our cabin clean unlike others I'm sure.

I just happened to find your expectations a bit over the top. Have a good day.

Easy -

Life at home = work + toil + bad hair day + husband tireseome + wife crabby VERSUS

Life on a cruise ship = romance - starry skies, music - amoure ;) - Husband handsome in a Tux and Armani + Wife in perfume and a LBD

=- CHANGE THE SHEETS EVERY OTHER DAY!:eek:

And if you dont get it = well - you dont get it = that simple!"

• 2 months later...
i know for sure the sheets on our comforter and the pillow cases were not changes for the entire week we were on the Reflection. I was surprised.

I change them weekly at home. Should I be expecting something different on a ship? I might want them changed more often if someone other than us was sleeping in them lol

Edited by Christine Frances

I have 7 sheet sets. My DH and i change them every day and wash them all once a week. King size so it takes up 3 loads. Im just kidding. Lol. Love these posts. I think its a great question. Its true, we do stuff on vacation we normally wouldnt do at home, i.e swim then sleep in bed or eat in bed, etc as another poster brought out. I just may request our sheets to be changed mid week on our cruise if not done automatically. Never even thought of that.

Thanks for the idea OP

I have 7 sheet sets. My DH and i change them every day and wash them all once a week. King size so it takes up 3 loads. Im just kidding. Lol. Love these posts. I think its a great question. Its true, we do stuff on vacation we normally wouldnt do at home, i.e swim then sleep in bed or eat in bed, etc as another poster brought out. I just may request our sheets to be changed mid week on our cruise if not done automatically. Never even thought of that.

Thanks for the idea OP

The only time I ask them to be changed is when I sleep on the pillow chocolates:eek::eek: But the one thing I do, when I request a bedding change out of the regular schedule is make sure I tip the steward extra. They work hard enough:)

Edited by Christine Frances

Easy -

Life at home = work + toil + bad hair day + husband tireseome + wife crabby VERSUS

Life on a cruise ship = romance - starry skies, music - amoure ;) - Husband handsome in a Tux and Armani + Wife in perfume and a LBD

=- CHANGE THE SHEETS EVERY OTHER DAY!:eek:

And if you dont get it = well - you dont get it = that simple!"

That's why we need the sheets changed every other day! And maybe everyday if hubby gets his wish of being "lei'd" in every port on our upcoming Hawaiian cruise :rolleyes:

We really noticed on a 14 night Canada/NE cruise that they did not change them at all! :( We kept thinking it will happen today, tomorrow etc. But No. We were in CC. We could have asked but you just expect these things will happen eventually. I do not hold out much hope any more. DH lives in hotels 6 months of the year and they normally change them every second day.

I think some of you carry a ultra violet with you!!!

If you want want sheets changed every day so be it. The cost of cruising is rising and I think you have every right to maximise the value you perceive of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first night on the ship, DH cut his arm. That night a small amount of blood from his bandage got on the bottom sheet. The cabin steward change the sheets without our asking. Seems, if they noticed they are soiled, they'll change them immediately.

LuLu

We had the same issue - felt bad that they felt they had to change the sheets but were impressed by the service.:)

It's kind of easy to see if the sheets are changed during your use of the cabin. Put a small mark on one corner of the top sheet when you arrive and then watch to see if it disappears one day.

I think some of you carry a ultra violet with you!!!

If you want want sheets changed every day so be it. The cost of cruising is rising and I think you have every right to maximise the value you perceive of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I stated before I think an extra tip is in order if stewards have to go above and beyond their normal routine.

Jeez I hate that I have to spell this out - 1st the feel and smell of fresh sheets is wonderful - but at home other things get in the way of the indulgence of changing them every 2 or 3 days. 2nd - we seem to "tussle up" the sheets more often on a cruise than we do at home :o :D , 3rd some of us gals are of a certain age where we tend to have our times at night where we are a bit warm. Does that clear it up? ;)

Hi Jane,

Well stated!

Remember we were on the Cool Cat together with Karen and Mary, when we sailed on the Eclipse.

How's your new house?

Marilyn

Lol - this thread reminds me of my cruise in November last year with my sister.

The first morning I saw lots of little black "bits" near my pillow. Quite freaked me out :eek: They were definitely not there when I went to bed.

Checked my bed thoroughly that night as did my sis - all clear. :eek:There they were again the next morning!

Finally dawned on me that they were the lavender seeds from my eye mask which had a small hole in it!

Panic over.:rolleyes:

A solution, if one is really concerned, type up a card or three or four before cruising and leave it on your bed when you want to have them changed, that is what we do and it has yet to be a real problem (on other cruise lines that is).