Sheets changed?

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

Though this may fall into a category of a question that I myself might roll my eyes at, I am going to ask!

I don't believe that the stewards change the sheets daily, but am not sure? I personally ask every couple of days because I love brand new clean sheets. However, I feel sort of bad when I do this because I worry it is taking up their time. Maybe relevant, maybe not, but we do compensate our room steward more than the required amount.

Does anyone else do this?

Just curious mainly! And this in reference to a 7 day cruise.

Though this may fall into a category of a question that I myself might roll my eyes at, I am going to ask!

I don't believe that the stewards change the sheets daily, but am not sure? I personally ask every couple of days because I love brand new clean sheets. However, I feel sort of bad when I do this because I worry it is taking up their time. Maybe relevant, maybe not, but we do compensate our room steward more than the required amount.

How often do you change them at home?

I always request that the sheets be changed every 3rd day regardless of the length of the cruise and yes I do tip the room steward extra for the extra work.

The OP didn't say they wanted them changed ever day - but every other day. I don't find that an outrageous request and it is no ones business what goes on at the OP's house.:cool: I don't eat dessert after dinner at home but I enjoy that on a cruise - clean sheets are no different.

Thanks to those that understood my post! Yes, it is not every day, and no I don't change them that frequently at home, but I am not paying to stay in another "place" and sleep in another "bed" and do not have a steward.

Seriously, I appreciate the answers though, just to affirm that I am not the only one:)!

Hi, I'm a clean sheet freak like you :)

I ask either every other day, or every 3rd day, I'll leave a little note on the bed "Please change sheets today" along with a 2 euro coin & a happy face on the note.

I literally have clean sheets in the dryer right now ready to put on my bed :)... but I have some rinsed dishes in the sink that I have no intension of washing till tomorrow, so I'm officially not OCD. :D

Could somebody please explain to me what the rationale is for wanting their sheets changed every 2-3 days and why it's apparently necessary to have them changed more often in their cabin than on their bed at home?

I now know that most people don't do this, but at home, I change mine every 3 days or so, yes, we shower twice a day, so I know the sheets aren't dirty, but I like the fresh feeling...

I used to think everyone did this, but I learned I'm probably in the minority. :)

Could somebody please explain to me what the rationale is for wanting their sheets changed every 2-3 days and why it's apparently necessary to have them changed more often in their cabin than on their bed at home?

Possibly because their bed at home hasn't been slept in by dozens of different people in the last year. (???)

Every three days is ok with me.:)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Most hotels also now only change sheets every 3rd day for stay over guests.

On Celebrity, as with any hotel, simply ask the room attendant for fresh sheets and they will be replaced.

It saves time and labor costs, sure, but also saves the wear and tear on the textiles, which extends their life and saves the environment. Also, less laundering means less laundering chemicals another environmental plus.

Our first night on the ship, DH cut his arm. That night a small amount of blood from his bandage got on the bottom sheet. The cabin steward change the sheets without our asking. Seems, if they noticed they are soiled, they'll change them immediately.

LuLu

Instead of having the sheets changed out every other day you may want to consider just having the pillow cases changed out. You'll get the good clean smell and it would also be more sanitary.

Great suggestion! That's exactly what I do at home. :D

LuLu

I agree that nice, crisp, clean sheets are a treat! I change mine once a week....but would love to do it twice a week! I just don't have the time....but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for them to be changed while I'm on vacation! They are very fast at sheet changes!

I agree that nice, crisp, clean sheets are a treat! I change mine once a week....but would love to do it twice a week! I just don't have the time....but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for them to be changed while I'm on vacation! They are very fast at sheet changes!

Same here. I have neither the time nor energy to change them more than once a week at home but I love the feel of crisp, clean sheets - anyone paying attention can definitely tell the difference! I am a towel snob as well - at home I will hang and re-use the towels, but at a hotel or on a cruise ship I treat myself to clean towels every day. I do a lot of things to protect the environment, but (admittedly) selfishly this is not one of them.

Sometimes they get dirty faster when on vacation. :cool:

Jeez I hate that I have to spell this out - 1st the feel and smell of fresh sheets is wonderful - but at home other things get in the way of the indulgence of changing them every 2 or 3 days. 2nd - we seem to "tussle up" the sheets more often on a cruise than we do at home :o :D , 3rd some of us gals are of a certain age where we tend to have our times at night where we are a bit warm. Does that clear it up? ;)

Maybe because people are paying several thousand dollars a week to stay in a room and want fresh sheets. People also may do different things in the bed that they don’t do at home. Like taking a nap after swimming or after a walk on the deck, or maybe even some romance.

Edited by trenter33

Maybe because people are paying several thousand dollars a week to stay in a room and want fresh sheets. People also may do different things in the bed that they don’t do at home. Like taking a nap after swimming or after a walk on the deck, or maybe even some romance.

Quite True! Fortunately, when we request the sheets to be changed, they will be. :)

LuLu

I had so much fun reading all these replies and anticipating our upcoming cruise! Another reason I remembered that I may ask for the sheets to be changed is that sometimes I eat breakfast IN BED and it can get a little crumby!

And I loved all the other reasons, some subtly stated:) some not so!

I guess for the guy that didn't understand, I would say, why would you let someone even make your bed on a cruise if you make your own at home?

Have a great day everyone and hope all are looking forward to a very near cruise!

We will spend the weekend inside due to the weather and finishing up the crazy Sons of Anarchy series! Can't look but can't look away!

Really :rolleyes:?

So you change sheets that often at home? Something wrong with that!

Ah, the joys of spoiled American cruisers:eek:.

Your response makes no sense short of being over the top.

Edited by blindrid

Really :rolleyes:?

So you change sheets that often at home? Something wrong with that!

Ah, the joys of spoiled American cruisers:eek:.

Your response makes no sense short of being over the top.

S

Can't even see where you're coming from because most of what I do on the cruise I don't do at home:)! Do you have someone serve you dinner every night,EEK! Do you have a steward make up your bedroom, EEK!

And maybe I (And many posters here) just have different hygiene standards than you do. No need to get offended.