Is there any way to "tag" our cabin for type of upgrades offered?

MilliesMom

We have a wonderful mini-suite location already booked and paid for. We have the cabin tagged currently as "do not move, do not upgrade" or whatever terminology they use to leave it alone.

If there any way to tag it so that we can be moved to a full suite without a problem if offered (whether through the upgrade fairy or upsell)? We don't want any other mini-suite even if it is a free upgrade. We were able to get one with the larger/end balcony and don't want to give that up for a different mini suite. But would be willing to change cabins if a full suite came up at a great price or a free upgrade.

Thank you for your help. Wasn't sure if it is possible, so thought I would ask.

Upgrade to suite ONLY or no upgrade!

Tell TA or Princess which one you use

to book.

Thank you.

I will let our Princess Vacation Planner know. When I booked it, I asked her to tag it no change. Then the other day hubby and I were discussing suites so I wondered.

Would be wonderful to have a suite, but if not offered we will be happy and content in our current mini-suite.

We have a wonderful mini-suite location already booked and paid for. We have the cabin tagged currently as "do not move, do not upgrade" or whatever terminology they use to leave it alone.

If there any way to tag it so that we can be moved to a full suite without a problem if offered (whether through the upgrade fairy or upsell)? We don't want any other mini-suite even if it is a free upgrade. We were able to get one with the larger/end balcony and don't want to give that up for a different mini suite. But would be willing to change cabins if a full suite came up at a great price or a free upgrade.

Thank you for your help. Wasn't sure if it is possible, so thought I would ask.

Yes have it marked META to the next cat of cabin. (Suite)

Tell them you want it marked for Meta Upgrade only. The code is NUM.

The code you have on it now is NUP, No Upgrade.

Yes have it marked META to the next cat of cabin. (Suite)

Thank you both for your help.

I will call tomorrow to have it changed.

When I called Princess to ask how upgrade system worked, they did not mention this code system.

Princess agent just told me I would receive and email with upgrade offer and I had 48 hours to accept or decline. Was this incorrect information?

I'm very picky about the location of my cabin but would also appreciate a chance at a better category IF it was in a decent location.

Princess agent just told me I would receive and email with upgrade offer and I had 48 hours to accept or decline. Was this incorrect information?

I'm very picky about the location of my cabin but would also appreciate a chance at a better category IF it was in a decent location.

Depends what you mean by "upgrade offer."

If you mean an upsell, then you have a time period to respond which could be shortened if the upsell cabins available get sold before you do respond.

If you mean a free upgrade, many have reported that their original cabin had been resold before they had a chance to decline the upgrade.

And many times the e-mail notices from Princess (or from a TA if you booked using a TA) somehow get lost or put into spam and never make it to your inbox.

Also remember that any of these are REQUESTS. Princess can and will move you if needed to fill the ship, even if marked No Upgrade or Meta. It just means you go to the bottom of the move list. They will not move you within a category, so if you have the top mini cat, full suite is the only possible move.

It's so funny how people are so "picky" about their cabin location unless they get a free upgrade to a suite then they don't care about location....plus they give the full suite upgrades to gty's first...

Edited by deise17311

It's so funny how people are so "picky" about their cabin location unless they get a free upgrade to a suite then they don't care about location....plus they give the full suite upgrades to gty's first...

This is the first time we have EVER had them remove the Do not move, Do not upgrade tag. But felt if there was any chance (even tiny) to be upgraded, why not ask.

Don't think we are being "picky" at all. We have what we consider the perfect mini-suite so don't want to move unless it would be to a suite. I didn't want to take the chance of being upgraded to another mini (we are in the bottom level of its pricing) and wouldn't consider any other mini as a true upgrade in our opinion.

If we get upgraded for free or a great upsell ... fantastic. If not, won't make a difference to us at all. The cruise is going to be wonderful either way.

I've never been offered an upgrade or an upsell. However, I wouldn't want a window suite or anything forward, so I hesitate to put myself on the list.

I agree, I wouldn't want a window suite either. I need the balcony/fresh air because of my asthma. PLUS we love sitting out on the balcony. The Ruby Princess doesn't have any of the window suites, so I knew I would be OK.

As with any cruise/cabin, it definitely helps to do research before.

I've never been offered an upgrade or an upsell. However, I wouldn't want a window suite or anything forward, so I hesitate to put myself on the list.

Nobody has ever posted on Cruise Critic that they have been upgraded from a cabin with a balcony to a window suite.

Upgrades to a window suite most often comes from oceanview cabins, rarely from inside cabins.

When you receive an upgrade or upsell offer, does Princess tell you specifically which cabin you'd get or do they just provide you with a cabin class?

We selected a BD cabin on Star, and BC-BB-BA-B2 and B4 would all be considered "upgrades" if I understand correctly. However, I would only want an upgrade to a B4 aft cabin if such an upgrade were offered. Walking distance isn't an issue for us, fortunately, and I'm interested in trying out the aft world.

Mini-suite would also be an upgrade but I'd only want one of the coveted Emerald aft mini-suites which are (of course) all sold out on our cruise. I prefer a covered balcony. I'm not 100% set against a Dolphin mini-suite, but would prefer to know which cabin instead of just getting randomly assigned to any ME.

Edited by undercat

I had a inside (last minute booking) Had a room number.

Said only upgrade to window or balcony. Happy with

location, didn't need upgrade inside. Worked with

Princess Planner..said OK.

Got an upsell very good price for a balcony, called

had a choice between to rooms..so knew our number.

So it does work. Doesn't hurt to try. Happen to us

but after we've cruise awhile.

We've been upgraded a few times..for pay and for free.

From the insides, windows and balconys. Once got the

Penthouse (free) for giving up our cabin and going on a different

cruise (longer) That was a once in a lifetime offer.

WE took it!

I had a inside (last minute booking) Had a room number.

Said only upgrade to window or balcony. Happy with

location, didn't need upgrade inside. Worked with

Princess Planner..said OK.

Got an upsell very good price for a balcony, called

had a choice between to rooms..so knew our number.

So it does work. Doesn't hurt to try. Happen to us

but after we've cruise awhile.

We've been upgraded a few times..for pay and for free.

From the insides, windows and balconys. Once got the

Penthouse (free) for giving up our cabin and going on a different

cruise (longer) That was a once in a lifetime offer.

WE took it!

Thank you! Glad to see that Princess will tell you which room number(s) are available for selection when offered an upgrade. I, too, am happy with the room I have and not expecting an upgrade since I'm new to Princess, but I'm always curious about opportunities.

How lucky it was for you to get the free Penthouse upgrade! Once in a lifetime indeed, but it's a great "once" to have! :cool:

Edited by undercat

How long before sailing does Princess usually make its upgrade offers? Or does that vary by cruise?

I'm sailing March 19th and I know from Princess website there are many unsold cabins. Do they wait until the last minute or ?