FYI New Itins are out today

Jancruz

Hi Rhea,

We did cancel and did a February Riviera. We are now looking at summer 2016,

Found a few but not enough info yet, Simona said to wait a bit. We still have the 50 off from Insignia. Let's stay in touch about 2016 and maybe be on the same ship. All the best to you and Michael.

Suzanne

See post #10 above :)

Yes, it is very disconcerting and very unfair to other TA's and to their clients when stuff like this goes on.

What's the point of recommending Oceania to clients who wish to book the highest or lowest categories if those categories won't be available come March 4th?

Absolutely no one is allowed to book before March 4 so it is NOT possible for cabins to be sold out and waitlisted for the new itins that just came out..the sailings are not even in Oceanias computers yet..

Jancruz1

Absolutely no one is allowed to book before March 4 so it is NOT possible for cabins to be sold out and waitlisted for the new itins that just came out..the sailings are not even in Oceanias computers yet..

Jancruz1

Then how do you explain what is clearly shown on Oceania's website, which is exactly as a previous poster to this thread stated: the top three categories and the least expensive inside (on the first cruise in the collection, that is the Riviera T-A) which is part of the new Summer Collection are already shown to be wait-listed?

Then take a look at the Marina's T-A, which is even more heavily wait-listed in the top categories and numerous categories below.

If those are not special set-asides, as I believe them to be, what are they?

If a TA and or agency is "holding them" already (for "special" clients, perhaps), and no one else can book those cabins unless that TA releases them, the cabins are in effect booked.

Edited by gillianrose

Then how do you explain what is clearly shown on Oceania's website, which is exactly as a previous poster to this thread stated: the top three categories and the least expensive inside (on the first cruise in the collection, that is the Riviera T-A) which is part of the new Summer Collection are already shown to be wait-listed?

Then take a look at the Marina's T-A, which is even more heavily wait-listed in the top categories and numerous categories below.

If those are not special set-asides, as I believe them to be, what are they?

If a TA and or agency is "holding them" already (for "special" clients, perhaps), and no one else can book those cabins unless that TA releases them, the cabins are in effect booked.

I think we are talking apples and oranges.

If you re-read post #10, more carefully this time, you will see an "apology" by loum 140. Her husband had accidentally looked up a cruise for 2015 with limited availability. As that cruised has been available for booking for quite some time now, it is understandable that availability is limited.

However, for the "new" cruises which were just published and can only be booked starting on March 4th, they are wide open in all categories as nobody has booked anything yet. People might have made requests to their TAs but nothing has been "bookable" as yet nor would anybody know which categories are wait listed at this time. I believe the T/A cruise you are referring to has been part of the last batch of itineraries and not this new batch (thus it is heavily booked already). The "new" season for both Riviera and Marina started AFTER their TA voyages in Spring 2016.

I hope this long winded explanation helps you understand the situation better.

Edited by Paulchili

One amendment to Paul's explanation

Many top tas already have groups set aside for the new itineraries. They have been allotted a certain number of cabins in specific categories. Eg. so many phs or b1s for a specific cruise and those who book where there is a group get extra perks They get these groups because they can fill the slots

Always best to use a ta who does significant Oceania bookings. They are the ones who get the groups

Bob

Edited by bitob

I still cannot see details on the 2016 Regatta SF to NYC 8/31/2016.

The website will show the longer cruises which include the above segment, but clicking on my exact cruise sends me to Whoa, wrong port.

Sorry I failed to note I had received the 2015 itinerary.

Sounds like "someone" is playing favorites, if your post is accurate. :(

If you read Marsha's post as suggested she mentioned her DH (sitraveler) looked at the wrong year

Anyone can get on their TA booking list so the preferred cruise can be booked opening day March 4th

no special treatment or you are free to call Oceania yourself & sit on hold

Are you looking at the 2016 cruises ???

Some of the cruises in 2016 have been out for a year

The one SITRAVELLER mentioned is open in all categories

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/san-francisco-to-new-york-REG160831/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2016|08%23ships%3DREG

Edited by LHT28

Price increases to 2016 seems to be gigantic. We have a PH 3 Venice-Barcelona 11 days this summer, a similar cruise is even in 2016 it is 12 days then but the price is € 2,300 higher, Wow what a raise!

This is not an absolute truth.

A random comparison of Baltic cruises on Marina in August 2015 & 2016 shows this for PH1:

2015 - 12 day cruise $9100

2016 - 11 day cruise $8700

So, it is very comparable in this instance. I guess it depends on itineraries and anticipated demand.

This is not an absolute truth.

A random comparison of Baltic cruises on Marina in August 2015 & 2016 shows this for PH1:

2015 - 12 day cruise $9100

2016 - 11 day cruise $8700

So, it is very comparable in this instance. I guess it depends on itineraries and anticipated demand.

I understand that it´s not the same increase on every cruise but a 70% increase on a Med cruise is very high in my opinion, they sure believe in their product!

Price increases to 2016 seems to be gigantic. We have a PH 3 Venice-Barcelona 11 days this summer, a similar cruise is even in 2016 it is 12 days then but the price is € 2,300 higher, Wow what a raise!

Could it be the exchange rate between USD & EURO that might be the cause of the price difference ??