Queen Mary 2 in Hong Kong

I had a sheltered balcony on Deck 6 last year (a great upgrade from an inside guarantee). It was excellent. The bathroom products were pretty good quality and not the combined shower gel, shampoo, conditioner rubbish on some ships. There were also extras like ear buds etc which are often missing these days.

Easy to pop up to get a tea or for something better there is also the coffee shop. Hope you have a great time.

Still checking out QV Pushka - think I might give it a go :) :D :o :eek:

I had a sheltered balcony on Deck 6 last year (a great upgrade from an inside guarantee). It was excellent. The bathroom products were pretty good quality and not the combined shower gel, shampoo, conditioner rubbish on some ships. There were also extras like ear buds etc which are often missing these days.

Easy to pop up to get a tea or for something better there is also the coffee shop. Hope you have a great time.

Still checking out QV Pushka - think I might give it a go :) :D :o :eek:

:eek: See what happens Gae? You get hooked on Cunard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping for a new experience as well but I am not sure I can afford to get hooked on Cunard.;)

Cunard will have ways to get you...:D:D

As the ships get older , and the demand drops ,usually the price will drop as well. They will offer specials to fill the space.

When QE2 was in her last years , there were amazing deals being offered.

Cunard will have ways to get you...:D:D

As the ships get older , and the demand drops ,usually the price will drop as well. They will offer specials to fill the space.

When QE2 was in her last years , there were amazing deals being offered.

I really don't see anything stopping the temptation then.;)

Just remember no cruise is 100% perfect, always positives and some negatives. Just balance it out and most importantly - enjoy.

Although we could never be hooked on Cunard or even HAL but that's not to say we wouldn't cruise on either again.

Noting that Cunard has limit of 20kg per piece of luggage. You do not get a kettle but a mini bottle of chilled sparkling wine awaits you in your stateroom!

Try the little cafe up on the top deck - yummy lunches, also the pub lunches - don't know if you could then fit in afternoon tea. Enjoy dressing up for dinner, get in early for a seat for guest speakers, comfy mattress and smooth sailing. Don't forget to check out the fabulous library.

Enjoy.

Edited by megsie

I took way more than 20 kilos. It's 20 kilos per bag for safety reasons. And then there's flight restrictions on weight. Your advice about each cruise is great. There are things about every cruise I didn't like.

As far as cups of tea, I loved going to the buffet, grabbing a cup of tea or coffee and watching the sea in a deck chair on the promenade deck.

Enjoy!

Edited by Pushka

I agree . Always approach each cruise as if its the first time you have boarded a ship and enjoy.

Do try the Afternoon Tea in the Queens Ballroom if you can...its a real experience......and dont be late or you wont get a seat:D

That is fabulous isn't it!

The scenery from the top of Australia through to Brisbane is stunning as you cruise through the GBR. The water is so shallow and you move very slowly. There's also a pilot on board who gives fascinating commentary.

This time a year ago I was about to depart on our QM2 sojourn. Very jealous.

That is fabulous isn't it!

The scenery from the top of Australia through to Brisbane is stunning as you cruise through the GBR. The water is so shallow and you move very slowly. There's also a pilot on board who gives fascinating commentary.

This time a year ago I was about to depart on our QM2 sojourn. Very jealous.

Yes . We made a point of trying to get the same table each time and got to know the waitress. We got quite chatty with her and she used to make sure our plates never ran out of those tiny cakes or delicate sandwiches...:)

You would not want to go there there if you were hungry and looking for a big feed:D:D

I took way more than 20 kilos. It's 20 kilos per bag for safety reasons. And then there's flight restrictions on weight. Your advice about each cruise is great. There are things about every cruise I didn't like.

As far as cups of tea, I loved going to the buffet, grabbing a cup of tea or coffee and watching the sea in a deck chair on the promenade deck.

Enjoy!

On longer cruises I tend to bring back more than 20kg, just not in a bag, under my belt .:mad:

And I agree about watching the sea, can do it for hours, often sit out intending to read for a while get maybe a page read in 3 or 4 hours.

Just remember no cruise is 100% perfect, always positives and some negatives. Just balance it out and most importantly - enjoy.

Although we could never be hooked on Cunard or even HAL but that's not to say we wouldn't cruise on either again.

Noting that Cunard has limit of 20kg per piece of luggage. You do not get a kettle but a mini bottle of chilled sparkling wine awaits you in your stateroom!

Try the little cafe up on the top deck - yummy lunches, also the pub lunches - don't know if you could then fit in afternoon tea. Enjoy dressing up for dinner, get in early for a seat for guest speakers, comfy mattress and smooth sailing. Don't forget to check out the fabulous library.

Enjoy.

Great things for Rosie and I to look for when we board next month, thanks. A good attitude is the main thing, along with not sweating the little stuff.:D

On longer cruises I tend to bring back more than 20kg, just not in a bag, under my belt .:mad:

And I agree about watching the sea, can do it for hours, often sit out intending to read for a while get maybe a page read in 3 or 4 hours.

Geoff, Don't you listen to the announcements, you are not allowed to take food off the ship:eek::p

Edited by MicCanberra

This is why they make the waters just outside of Sydney heads so tempestuous, it is so people do not leave the ship full of ship's food.:p

Never been sea sick, now someone I know really well can't say the same. :p;) but it seems the rougher the conditions the better she is, smooth she'll get squeamish, 40 footers no worries, crossed Bass Straight more times than we can count the only time she got crook was what the Capt said was the smoothest day he'd ever experienced on the crossing.

I agree . Always approach each cruise as if its the first time you have boarded a ship and enjoy.

Do try the Afternoon Tea in the Queens Ballroom if you can...its a real experience......and dont be late or you wont get a seat:D

Thanks to everyone who's posted. We will have a great time! We always do on whatever cruise we're on. As this is a new ship for us we're just a little bit excited but we're always like that especially when we first catch sight of the ship at berth waiting for us.

Which reminds me we are flying into Darwin tomorrow afternoon so I need to check the Port number there in case we are held up with storms in the area. NOT that I expect that they'll hold the ship for us but just to let someone know that we may be late arriving.

I was surprised at some of the negative posts I must admit but read just as many positive posts so I'm sure we'll have a great experience!

Will come back to let you know!

Gae

Thanks to everyone who's posted. We will have a great time! We always do on whatever cruise we're on. As this is a new ship for us we're just a little bit excited but we're always like that especially when we first catch sight of the ship at berth waiting for us.

Which reminds me we are flying into Darwin tomorrow afternoon so I need to check the Port number there in case we are held up with storms in the area. NOT that I expect that they'll hold the ship for us but just to let someone know that we may be late arriving.

I was surprised at some of the negative posts I must admit but read just as many positive posts so I'm sure we'll have a great experience!

Will come back to let you know!

Gae

Cheers, looking forward to hearing how it went. :)

Bon Voyage.:D