Summit excursion for St. Kitts

123Funcruiser456

We got a minivan with 4 other people & toured the island including the fort & batik factory--that was tons on fun & reasonable. Another time we took an X tour on a catamaran to Nevis, very enjoyable.

I am hoping for some input for this island (St. Kitts) for any excursion ideas. It appears on X site to be only the small RR (did that on another cruiseline). Any ideas would be appreciated, as I am not sure where X Summit would even dock if near anything?

Thanks so much!

Francis

St. Kitts Island Paradise Tours....we used them and had the best tour we have ever had.

http://www.stkittsislandparadisetours.com/tours_new.cfm

If I read your history right, you are not cruising until 2016? Hang tight, there will be many more X shorex available in the future! I have been on this itinerary several times, and there were always many shorex options.

In case you want to book an independent tour, Javin's MyIsland tour is great. Google him or check TripAdvisor.

Celebrity docks in Port Zante, just a few blocks from downtown Basseterre. It is easy to pick up a cab tour at the port, or spend time shopping.

We rented scooters in town and spent the day riding around the island. People were very helpful if you got lost. Just google scooter rental St Kitt. Last year we took a cab to Frigate Bay beach club for the day. Very very nice

In Dec 2014 we did a private tour arranged through Phillip at Clay Villa. We found 2 other couples through our roll call and had a great day.

Here is a link to the website. We did the Best of St Kitts tour, tho there are other options. This included his private plantation (gorgeous collectibles, rescue animals, etc), the Batik factory at Romney Manor and the Fort.

http://www.clayvilla.com/tours_main_24.asp

If you are looking for something relaxing that involves swimming, I would suggest Palms Court Gardens...it's just a few minute taxi ride from the port...we typically walk to it...It is a beautiful garden that has an infinity pool from which you can see over the port and your ship while you are in the pool. I believe the entry fee is $10.00 per person and you can purchase drinks and food there as well. They have a small gift shop with handmade quality items to peruse through....It is nice to be able to see the ocean, but take a break from the beaches....I have been there three times and still am not tired of it...It's a very relaxing place...crew favorite...I hate to talk about it, as I fear too many people will start to visit.

I sailed on Equinox last week and visited St. Kitts for the first time. We took a tour of the rainforest through Captain Sunshine Tours (you can google him or check Trip Advisor). After the hike in the rainforest, we went to a private beach for a massage. That was absolutely a wonderful way to spend a day in paradise. He offers many different tours and different types of massages (or you can choose a beach visit and skip the massage). He picked us up near the ship and got us back with plenty of time to spend in the shopping area near the dock.

We are on Summit March 7. We heard that construction will be starting on the suite dining area during this cruise. We were on Reflection last month when it started. Also , if you are on this cruise, have you been able to sign up for the Meet and Mingle? We are Mickey and Teresa Horn from Dallas and hope to meet some of you on board!