Pasta Question

cruisinbeeze

I don't think it'd be something too unusual and certainly some sort of pasta with a mariana sauce is likely to turn up at some point on the cruise. I can't remember if it was on the menu when we sailed back in December (we didn't take records of the standard bit of the daily menu, and only have one set of photos of the daily changing part of the menu. But I had a look at an older NCL main dining room menu on the Jewel and they had spaghetti with mariana sauce as a standard thing on the daily menu.

It is available in the buffet at lunch and dinner every day. If it isn't on the MDR menu, I would never be "requesting" it. Different kitchens are used. and they aren't going to run between kitchens, floors apart. In the MDR There is usually a pasta dish offered each night, but varies and never "plain" marinara sauce.

Edited by Budget Queen

I always found that they had a pasta and plain-ish (tomato-based) sauce available nearly every night in the MDR. I think there was one night when there was only cheese or fish-based options. But like everyone else said, they have it (or a similar sauce) in the buffet every lunch and dinner.

And according to the latest edition of the Freestyle Dining guide:

CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price. Excludes dinner and a show dining events.

I remember Spaghetti Bolognese being on the MDR menus the nights we dined there (July 2014, Breakaway).

I got this one night last year -- it's not marinara, but it is a red sauce.

I did get pasta couple of times from the pasta station in the buffet. They usually had three sauces to choose from, including a basic red sauce that you could then add what you'd like to it. I enjoyed this because it was made in front of you and was always hot.

My daughter ate pasta and marinara or pasta with Alfredo every day at the buffet on our last cruises. In fact she met the restaurant director and talked him unit making vodka sauce when we were in a suite!everyone was very accommodating to a picky eater.