Help , advice neeeded

Mistygrey

HI everyone. We are hoping to go on a 17 day med cruise on Aurora in June. We did this cruise last year at the fabulous price of £1499 for a C deck balcony, this cruise was booked in March. It seems that over the last 2 weeks the cruise has gone up in price. In your expert opinion is the cruise price likely to keep going up now or is there a chance that it may go down. At the moment the price is over £2000 which is a little above our budget. My husband says we should just book an inside but I am holding out for the balcony....what do you think?

Thank you in advance

HI everyone. We are hoping to go on a 17 day med cruise on Aurora in June. We did this cruise last year at the fabulous price of £1499 for a C deck balcony, this cruise was booked in March. It seems that over the last 2 weeks the cruise has gone up in price. In your expert opinion is the cruise price likely to keep going up now or is there a chance that it may go down. At the moment the price is over £2000 which is a little above our budget. My husband says we should just book an inside but I am holding out for the balcony....what do you think?

Thank you in advance

No crystal ball.

17 day sounds slightly more out of the ordinary than the bog standard 14 nighter. So you probably have a slight prem there.

select fares tend to never go down now, they just play around with how much OBS they give you...so select fare, will not drop.

Your other option is to hold out until saver fares come out. The problem with that is there are no choices with saver. You could say you want a balcony cabin, but that could be anywhere. You would also have no dining choice..

So you pays your money and pick which of the above you want.

Select inside..or saver balcony.

The problem with Aurora is that there are not many balconies compared to the larger ships and therefore they seem to attract a premium. Otherwise Aurora is an excellent ship.

At this stage, I don't see any advantage in booking now and I would wait until about six weeks before departure but keep looking at the prices.

I assume as it is 17 days, then it is a Venice cruise which is an excellent itinery.

The inside cabins on Aurora are quite good if you can't get a balcony. Better to have one of these than no cruise at all.

Brian

We had an inside cabin last year on Aurora which was fine - I agree with Jeanlyon we don't spend much time in our cabin either.

Surely though the smaller the cabin with no natural light means you are likely to spend less time in it?

If you have a balcony you will utilise it lots so spend more time in your cabin.

Thank you in advance

They do have something in between, an outside with a big window.

Surely though the smaller the cabin with no natural light means you are likely to spend less time in it?

If you have a balcony you will utilise it lots so spend more time in your cabin.

Disagree entirely we have had a balcony on Arcadia and a Superior de luxe on Azura and spent no more time in our cabins than when we have inside cabins. We like to be out and about on the ship and see views from all angles which you cannot sitting on a balcony.

Disagree entirely we have had a balcony on Arcadia and a Superior de luxe on Azura and spent no more time in our cabins than when we have inside cabins. We like to be out and about on the ship and see views from all angles which you cannot sitting on a balcony.

In your case maybe. But judging by the amount of people we see in situ on their balcony, they obviously love been outside but also having the convenience of their cabin but I doubt these same people would while away the hours sat in an inside cabin.

Looked at against the prospect of fighting for a couple of seats together on deck and if/when you find them sitting next to fellow passengers who have that common condition, over active mouth syndrome, and enduring hours of earache the prospect of a private balcony is very comforting.

Always book one if you can is my advice.

David.

Looked at against the prospect of fighting for a couple of seats together on deck and if/when you find them sitting next to fellow passengers who have that common condition, over active mouth syndrome, and enduring hours of earache the prospect of a private balcony is very comforting.

Always book one if you can is my advice.

David.

Gosh, totally bewildered by that remark. Why would you go on a cruise with 3000 passengers when you feel like that? Surely one can't spend all your time sitting in the balcony? 😕

Gosh, totally bewildered by that remark. Why would you go on a cruise with 3000 passengers when you feel like that? Surely one can't spend all your time sitting in the balcony? 😕

I wouldn't go on a cruise with 3000 passengers.

David.

Go for an outside cabin, at least you will know what time of day it is, I had an inside on Aurora once and found it most disorientating. Outside is a happy medium in my opinion.

It's simple - you leave the TV on bridge cam view!

For me its a balcony every time. I would go as far to say that I wouldn't go on the cruise if I could only have an inside cabin.

I am not much of a sunbather but its lovely to sit on your balcony for a couple of hours on a sea day. Its fascinating standing on the balcony watching us go into a new port.

Most of all I love the fresh air

I know loads of people say they only change and sleep in their cabin and I am sure for some of them that's true. However I have shared a table in the past with couples in an inside cabin and then you see them wandering aimlessly about the ship trying to kill time and clearly doing anything rather than go to their cabin.

I love my cabin and my balcony

For me its a balcony every time. I would go as far to say that I wouldn't go on the cruise if I could only have an inside cabin.

I am not much of a sunbather but its lovely to sit on your balcony for a couple of hours on a sea day. Its fascinating standing on the balcony watching us go into a new port.

Most of all I love the fresh air

I know loads of people say they only change and sleep in their cabin and I am sure for some of them that's true. However I have shared a table in the past with couples in an inside cabin and then you see them wandering aimlessly about the ship trying to kill time and clearly doing anything rather than go to their cabin.

I love my cabin and my balcony

I agree, as said earlier I think most people who have a balcony cabin would spend more time in their cabin than those with an inside.

The way things are going you will either go on a ship with 3000 pax or stop cruising.

Like all businesses cruise lines are ultimately customer driven and there will always be passengers who will refuse the offer of these monster ships. And they are going to keep on getting bigger.

Cunard badly needs a smaller ship with higher grade service and consequently higher prices. P&O of course already has one with Adonia.

David.

I would go for the best cabin you can comfortably afford, if that's an inside so be it; better an inside cabin than not on board at all; at the end of the day you only sleep and change in there.

It's all a balancing act. Some might prefer to squeeze 2 cruises in an inside cabin out of their budget rather than 1 in a balcony cabin.

We are doing an inside for the first time in YEARS next week, not due to budget constraints but it was just so stupidly cheap and the only cabin type on offer that we thought sod it.

....though we are still flying out to Miami in business.

I dunno so much. I think some people are very gregarious and do absolutely everything and anything going, and almost literally just sleep in it. Some people (like me) are a bit quieter and like to just relax on a balcony with a good book from time to time.

I remember one lady who got a bit annoyed with a boor (the only one I've come across) on a cruise who clearly thought only "the poor" went in inside cabins, she explained later if you aren't going to use it why not spend the money on something else.

(Plus on some Arctic/Antarctic cruises it might never get dark enough... some people can't sleep when it's light)