Possible changes to 123GO Wave offer March 2015

rakes5

Don't know how accurate this is but just received this from a travel agent.

I expected to see something about this on CC. I didn't see anything, so I thought I post this.

February is ending and we were just informed by Celebrity that so are many aspects of Celebrity’s very popular “123GO!” Wave Offer.

Here's the scoop:

Today thru Saturday February 28, you can still book an OCEANVIEW or higher on most sailings from May 2015 - April 2017 and receive:

1) An Unlimited Classic Beverage Package for two

2) Pre-Paid Gratuities for two

3) Up to $ 1000 Shipboard Credit per cabin

4) 3rd/4th Passenger in same cabins receive a Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package & a 40 Minute Internet Package

5) PLUS, Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings receive the same shipboard credit as Concierge Class

Starting Monday March 2, the following changes will take effect:

1) The current
OCEANVIEW
minimum purchase for the perks above becomes a
BALCONY
minimum purchase

2) Applicable sailing range changes from: May 2015- April
to: May 2015- April

3) Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings do NOT get same Shipboard Credit as Concierge Class (they get NONE)

4) There are
no additional perks for 3rd/4th
in the same cabin

A thread was already started on this the other day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2172889

Seems everyone is getting this info from the same on-line cruise company (text seems identical).

I always wonder if these advance announcements are true, or just a way to get people to book under the current program in case the new one isn't as good.

I'm onboard in March and will take my chances then in hopes that the additional onboard perks are enough to push me to book another cruise.

Yes, they are a big TA. We got the email too.

Even though Rake 5 is repeating this, I like the way he has outlined all the changes. It makes it very easy to understand. Thank you rake 5.

Although one large online TA actually sent that email to everyone, it is likely that every major cruiseline TA already has the same information.

Usually one of the moderators post something when there is a new offer communicated by Celebrity. These emails from travel agents sometimes reflect something they are doing special. Still waiting for something directly posted or communicated by Celebrity.

Anything???

Usually one of the moderators post something when there is a new offer communicated by Celebrity. These emails from travel agents sometimes reflect something they are doing special. Still waiting for something directly posted or communicated by Celebrity.

Anything???

Except the difference in this case is the email from the TA shows the reduction in the offer after March 1, not something better.

You can book an oceanview or veranda now and get all three perks? Maybe I need to ditch my current reservation in a C2 and do a new one in a 2B!

You only get all three perks for a Balcony if you book a Alaska or Europe for 2015...all other booking in either OV or Balcony you can choose one of the three. If your current C2 is for a cruise this year to Alaska or Europe then you might be better booking a regular veranda...check prices before switching just in case you already had a better deal!

You can book an oceanview or veranda now and get all three perks? Maybe I need to ditch my current reservation in a C2 and do a new one in a 2B!

No currently when you book oceanview or verandah you can pick one of the options for most sailings. I believe for Alaska and Europe 2015 they allow all three for a balcony. For an oceanview for 2015 Alaska and Europe they allow two. Oceanview or Verandah for 2016 Europe sailings get two offers.

No currently when you book oceanview or verandah you can pick one of the options for most sailings. I believe for Alaska and Europe 2015 they allow all three for a balcony. For an oceanview for 2015 Alaska and Europe they allow two. Oceanview or Verandah for 2016 Europe sailings get two offers.

Bummer, too bad South America isn't included, they are just as expensive as Alaska and Eurpope, maybe even moreso.