New 123 changes next week

Iamthesea

I apologize if this has already been posted. I did search and did not see anything about this. ;)

I received this email from a TA this morning.

Today thru Saturday February 28, you can still book an OCEANVIEW or higher on most sailings from May 2015 - April 2017 and receive:

1) An Unlimited Classic Beverage Package for two

2) Pre-Paid Gratuities for two

3) Up to $ 1000 Shipboard Credit per cabin

4) 3rd/4th Passenger in same cabins receive a

Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package & a 40 Minute Internet Package

5) PLUS, Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings receive the same shipboard credit as Concierge Class

Starting Monday March 2, the following changes will take effect:

1) The current OCEANVIEW minimum purchase for the perks above becomes a BALCONY minimum purchase

2) Applicable sailing range changes from:

May 2015- April 2017 to: May 2015- April 2016

3) Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings do NOT get same Shipboard Credit as Concierge Class (they get NONE)

4) There are no additional perks for 3rd/4th in the same cabin

So, the final countdown is on. Don't wait any longer.

Edited by Iamthesea

I'd love to upgrade, but my three current bookings were made last summer when they were giving an extra 25 captain's club points in addition to pick one of the three perks. The extra 75 points will make me Elite after my January 2016 cruises. Don't want to mess that up! LOL!

I'd love to upgrade, but my three current bookings were made last summer when they were giving an extra 25 captain's club points in addition to pick one of the three perks. The extra 75 points will make me Elite after my January 2016 cruises. Don't want to mess that up! LOL!

How do you hear about these offers giving extra points?

I apologize if this has already been posted. I did search and did not see anything about this. ;)

Thank you so much for posting this. I don't have a TA to get these emails from (I swear I'll look into it one of these years :D) and my husband and I have been going back and forth about booking an Alaskan cruise for May of 2016. Now we know that if we want the 123 Go offer we'll have to just go ahead and make the booking this week instead of waiting to do it on board our cruise in March. Kind of stinks since we enjoy booking on board, but we like the 123 Go perks!

And sometimes those 123GO perks just mean higher prices........our current AU/NZ trip gives one perk for a veranda but all 3 for CC. Now keep in mind that our TA is throwing in the prepaid grats...the difference in price between a 1A and a C3? A mere $900, just about the cost of a classic bev package for two. Now if we were drinkers and wanted a worse location it might be a deal... bottom line is you always need to weight the real cost of a bargain

How do you hear about these offers giving extra points?

That particular promotion came out at the same time (or close to it) as the switch over point system happened last year.

It came out like other promotions...email and on website, and was discussed right here on CC! That is another reason to keep current with CC!

Today thru Saturday February 28, you can still book an OCEANVIEW or higher on most sailings from May 2015 - April 2017 and receive:

5) PLUS, Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings receive the same shipboard credit as Concierge Class

1) The current OCEANVIEW minimum purchase for the perks above becomes a BALCONY minimum purchase

3) Balconies for 2015 Alaska and Europe Sailings do NOT get same Shipboard Credit as Concierge Class (they get NONE)

Thanks for posting this. I have a question maybe you can help to answer. I am looking to book a balcony cabin on Summit for Southern Caribbean Feb 2016, right now I can just get one perk but if I'm reading this correctly, if I wait until next week to book I'll get all three?

Thanks, Cathy

Thank you so much for posting this. I don't have a TA to get these emails from (I swear I'll look into it one of these years :D) and my husband and I have been going back and forth about booking an Alaskan cruise for May of 2016. Now we know that if we want the 123 Go offer we'll have to just go ahead and make the booking this week instead of waiting to do it on board our cruise in March. Kind of stinks since we enjoy booking on board, but we like the 123 Go perks!

I noticed that this announcement was not particularly clear, but I believe that you still need to book a CC or higher to get all 3. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

That particular promotion came out at the same time (or close to it) as the switch over point system happened last year.

It came out like other promotions...email and on website, and was discussed right here on CC! That is another reason to keep current with CC!

Actually, this was the second time they'd had that promotion. You are correct that the first time was shortly after the points conversion, but this was last June and was the second time they'd given the perk. You had to book by July 31, 2014. I never got an email from Celebrity, but heard about it here on CC. I then went to the Celebrity site and confirmed the promo. I also printed a copy of everything to make sure I get the points after my cruises. With so many different promotions, I want to make sure I get the one I'm entitled to! ;)

I noticed that this announcement was not particularly clear, but I believe that you still need to book a CC or higher to get all 3. ;)

That's the plan! Our plan is to cruise one of the Solstice sailings in May, so I know that CC rooms won't be any bigger than the standard veranda rooms, but we're trying to get to Elite as fast as possible within a semi-reasonable budget, and CC is definitely doing the trick -- especially when you factor in 123 Go perks and the fact that we do both enjoy the beverage package enough to pay a bit more up front for it. :)

I am fed up with X inflating its prices (major price increases over the past) in conjunction with the various benefits of the 123Go.

I love Celebrity, but always compare it with NCL, Princess and HAL. Until recently, only NCL could beat X's total cost on some occasion and X is superior to NCL.

Now I have to spend a lot of time computing the math for each cruise. Unfortunately NCL is doing the same thing (just not as big).

We always enjoy ourselves on a cruise and consume hundreds of dollars of alcohol, just no where near as much as would justify the beverage package.

We are elite and save a lot with the free happy hour.

Celebrity, please go back to the basics.

Actually, this was the second time they'd had that promotion. You are correct that the first time was shortly after the points conversion, but this was last June and was the second time they'd given the perk. You had to book by July 31, 2014. I never got an email from Celebrity, but heard about it here on CC. I then went to the Celebrity site and confirmed the promo. I also printed a copy of everything to make sure I get the points after my cruises. With so many different promotions, I want to make sure I get the one I'm entitled to! ;)

We booked our Panama Canal cruise on board under this promotion and now I cannot find the documentation on the 50 CC points. Do you have a PDF or link you could post?

Thanks

Is this for Europe only. It reads like it covers all destinations but no one at Celebrity Customer Service knows about it.

I am fed up with X inflating its prices (major price increases over the past) in conjunction with the various benefits of the 123Go.

I love Celebrity, but always compare it with NCL, Princess and HAL. Until recently, only NCL could beat X's total cost on some occasion and X is superior to NCL.

Now I have to spend a lot of time computing the math for each cruise. Unfortunately NCL is doing the same thing (just not as big).

We always enjoy ourselves on a cruise and consume hundreds of dollars of alcohol, just no where near as much as would justify the beverage package.

Papa, You can book without using the 123. When checking pricing, just put in your residence and age. You should get a lower fare, but not eligible to have the 123. For instance, I have an upcoming cruise. I booked for 3 persons in a Suite. Using the 123Go promo, I get all 3 promos. If I instead booked using my state and age, I could get a Senior or residence discount. The total amount for booking that way was only $300 less than the 123GO. I am coming out way ahead with the 123GO.

I called this particular TA from the email sent by CC. If you book by 2/28 on Alaskan cruises in 2016 and book a ocean view or better you will get the Classic Beverage package for two and pre-paid gratuities for two. Only if you book a Concierge class or higher do you get the room credit. The credit amount is subject to length of cruise and room classification. For instance an Aqua class balcony on a seven day cruise gets you a $400 room credit. If you book direct with Celebrity you only get one of the 123 items. You can choose the room credit if you book direct and I think a balcony booking gets you $200. This particular TA ran a three day sale a week ago and you also got a $100 room credit with a balcony booking but they are not offering it now.

Papa, You can book without using the 123. When checking pricing, just put in your residence and age. You should get a lower fare, but not eligible to have the 123. For instance, I have an upcoming cruise. I booked for 3 persons in a Suite. Using the 123Go promo, I get all 3 promos. If I instead booked using my state and age, I could get a Senior or residence discount. The total amount for booking that way was only $300 less than the 123GO. I am coming out way ahead with the 123GO.

Thanks amthesea,

I will give that a shot, but I think the prices that I come up with will be still overpriced.

Hi guys, don't know if you can help my questions however here goes.

My wife and I are from Australia and wishing to do our first Celebrity Cruise either 2016 or 2017. We are thinking of either the 14 night Celebrity Eclipse, southern Caribbean or a Mediterrean cruise. If we go to the Caribbean we would most probably go in February/March, and if we go to the Med it would be late May or early September.

My questions are.

Would we be eligible for the 123 promo as set out above if we book by the 28th February as described below, or is this promo just for American cruisers.

Second question is if we decide to do one of the cruises early than stated on this 123 promo, when is the cutoff time when you can cancel and rebook without penalty.

Thanking you so much for any info.

Cheers Bob & Christine

There is no free lunch! You mentioned NCL which normally is $200-300 cheaper per category is roughly the exact same prices as Celebrity on an Alaska cruise leaving from the same port and same ports of call. Some people want the cheapest fare possible without any perks while others want all the freebee's they can get. The competition is fierce and a cruise lines gotta do whatever it takes to get your business. Most people who are on a ship have never cruised before and don't know the difference between NCL and Celebrity or any other cruise line for that matter. People cry about cutbacks by a cruise line yet want more free stuff but free stuff cost the cruise line money and they can either make it up by charging more or cutting back on what is already offered. On my first two cruises soft drinks were free and they had a midnight buffet every night. Find a mainstream cruise line that still offers that.

We booked our Panama Canal cruise on board under this promotion and now I cannot find the documentation on the 50 CC points. Do you have a PDF or link you could post?

Thanks

Maybe this is what you are looking for ? :

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-captains-club-offer?icid=ccc_bt_123gjn_1406_mul_lk_693187

Thank you Iamthesea for the heads up. I will be on the Reflection this weekend, and planned on booking a future cruise in Oceanview. Now I know to do it on embarkation day, 2/28 rather than doing it on a sea day!

Edited by swegert