Beds on Marina

Broughton2

We are looking at booking our first cruise with Oceania - 18 South Pacific on Marina. My concern is the beds. From the website they say the mattress has gel and memory foam top which I do not generally like. I like a firm mattress and could not sleep on a soft mattress. I don't want to end up sleeping 18 days on a couch because the bed is too soft! Are there any past cruisers who could comment on the beds on Marina as to whether the mattress is firm or soft?

Thank you.

I only comment since the beds have always been the same on all the O ships we have sailed (Riviera, Insignia, Nautical) and I admit up front we haven't yet been on Marina. We also like a firm mattress and find the O bed outstandingly comfortable! You will often see folks pop up on this board asking how to purchase one for home use.

The bed seems a but cushy but very, very supportive. No backaches! Yeah!

I think you can ask and they will bring a board for the bed if yours feels too soft. Other experts will chime in on this.

I think you will be comfortable.

Just our humble opinions.

Donna

As do I. The best beds I've ever slept in ...

And yes, I also like a firm bed. But these are soft and hard at the same time!

My only objection is the heavy duvets in whether where you don't need them ... but we just ask the cabin steward for plain sheets, and they suffice.

When traveling through the Artctic, the heavy duvets were very welcome ...

Mura

Loved the beds! We have a foam mattress at home and the Marina bed felt softer but was still VERY comfortable. I will also add that though the size of the bed in our room was labeled a queen-size, it was bigger than that. We have a king at home and while the Marina bed was not quite that size, it was definitely bigger than a queen.

We had issues with the comforter as well (on a cruise in the South Pacific, one doesn't need a down comforter I would think). Our cabin steward replaced the comforter in the duvet with just a blanket and it was perfect after that.

i prefer sheets and blankets

Many of us prefer sheets, but sometimes you just have to give the devil his due.

Those comforters are a one step/one stop solution to those crazy turn around days when there are several hundred beds to be made in a few hours time, and we Punters are chafing at the bit to board early.

Sometimes, a small compromise may reap significant advantages ;)