What's being done to the Royal February 8 to February 22, 2016

dstables

I can see that that Royal is not sailing in 2016 from February 8 to 22. I have heard that it is going g into drydock for that time. Does anyone know if anything other than regular maintenance is being done at this time? It seems a bit early for this ship to be going into drydock?

As she was launched in 2013, they have gone as far as they can w/o a dry dock, which has to been done every 30-36 months (technically twice in 5 years).

I would expect routine maintenance, plus fixing any issues that have arisen since construction.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I can see that that Royal is not sailing in 2016 from February 8 to 22. I have heard that it is going g into drydock for that time. Does anyone know if anything other than regular maintenance is being done at this time? It seems a bit early for this ship to be going into drydock?

I think the real answer is nothing. We are booked on the Royal from Feb. 8 through Feb 22.

She was originally scheduled to go in for dry dock for scheduled maintenance. I was told it by officer on the Royal that she is like any machine, like your car. They have to do scheduled maintenance to maintain her keep her "warranty".

They had this scheduled for this time in early 2016

Princess asked for an extension before they had to have this scheduled maintenance and it was approved.

They have therefore scheduled two 7 day cruises in that time now.

Vickie

She was originally scheduled to go in for dry dock for scheduled maintenance. I was told it by officer on the Royal that she is like any machine, like your car. They have to do scheduled maintenance to maintain her keep her "warranty".

They had this scheduled for this time in early 2016

Princess asked for an extension before they had to have this scheduled maintenance and it was approved.

They have therefore scheduled two 7 day cruises in that time now.

Vickie

Thanks for the information. I had read some time hear on CC that Royal was going into drydock during this time period and after just sailing on her I wasn't sure just what they would be doing to her as the ship was in wonderful shape. When I searched for cruises on the Royal I only searched for 10 day sailings so I never saw the two 7 day cruises in between. Thought that this was an odd time to do a drydock in the prime Caribbean sailing season.

Thought that this was an odd time to do a drydock in the prime Caribbean sailing season.

February is really not prime Caribbean time except possibly around President's Day.

March, with Spring breaks starting, is more important.

When I was tooling around on the website for Royal, when looking to choose a cabin I was asked if the departure date was before or after October something, 2016. Anyone know what change is coming around that time?

There is another thread on this, nobody knows. :cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173419&highlight=royal+deck+plans

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for the information. I had read some time hear on CC that Royal was going into drydock during this time period and after just sailing on her I wasn't sure just what they would be doing to her as the ship was in wonderful shape. When I searched for cruises on the Royal I only searched for 10 day sailings so I never saw the two 7 day cruises in between. Thought that this was an odd time to do a drydock in the prime Caribbean sailing season.

The ONLY reason that the cruise lines put a ship in DRY dock is to work on the stuff that's always WET. The dry part of the ship might have been in wonderful shape, but unless you had a really unique scuba excursion "right at the pier", there's a world of stuff below that needs occasional TLC.