Easter Sunday Mass on the Navigator?

cruisewkid

Hi - We have gotten ashes on Ash Wednesday, and had Good Friday services onboard ships before, but wondering if there mite be mass onboard the Navigator that sails out of Galveston on Easter Sunday?

I looked at an old, closed thread about this, and it looks like it's hit or miss, but just wondering if anybody has a more definitive answer of what the odds mite be.

Thanks

Hi - We have gotten ashes on Ash Wednesday, and had Good Friday services onboard ships before, but wondering if there mite be mass onboard the Navigator that sails out of Galveston on Easter Sunday?

I looked at an old, closed thread about this, and it looks like it's hit or miss, but just wondering if anybody has a more definitive answer of what the odds mite be.

Thanks

Royal says they usually offer services on Christmas and New Year's.

I think it would be extremely unlikely on a turnaround day. If disembark you should consider self help and look for a late Mass, and if boarding you would take care of it first.

Roy

Sacred Heart @Broardway & 14th

Sunday Mass 7:30 &11AM

That's where we go after our cruise, we attend Saturday Mass at home on Saturday before leaving. There's a Sat. Mass @ 5pm.@ St Patrick @ Broadway

Another option would be to check the daily message board.

People post various meetings and gatherings on it.

If a priest would be on board he may offer his services and post it here, then again its his vacation also and may not want to.

It's worth a try.

No guarantees though.

Good luck

Ltr

I too will be sailing navigator during Easter. I have cruised the last six Easters because that is my spring break and I am a Catholic school teacher. There has always been some type of priest aboard. No guarantee for this year.

Royal says they usually offer services on Christmas and New Year's.

Well we have been on a ship on Christmas Day and if they offered services, it was simply listed in the Cruise Compass. No guarantee that they provide someone to lead the services.

For Jewish celebrations (Chanukah and weekly Sabbath Services), which I have participated in, Royal provides a room, but no leader. It has always been lead by those cruisers who attended.