First Celebrity

bouhunter

We are set for Reflection soon. Can't wait! Have done RCCL for the past 9 years, we are so looking forward to something different. For what it's worth we will be "Elite" on Celebrity (Diamond on RCCL). I guess we will get a couple free drinks, whatever:) We pre-booked the four night speciality dining package to check them all out. Can't wait to see the ship!!!!!!!

We are set for Reflection soon. Can't wait! Have done RCCL for the past 9 years, we are so looking forward to something different. For what it's worth we will be "Elite" on Celebrity (Diamond on RCCL). I guess we will get a couple free drinks, whatever:) We pre-booked the four night speciality dining package to check them all out. Can't wait to see the ship!!!!!!!

After numerous RCI cruises, I was very, very impressed with Solstice. Celebrity is now one of my first searches when booking a new cruise. Enjoy your cruise! I don't think you'll be disppointed. :)

Have a great cruise. We thought our recent Reflection cruise was one of the best.

Have a wonderful time!! Don't miss the hamburgers at the Mast Grill (free.) Wish RCI had something comparable! The Elite Captain's Club cocktail party is very nice. Reflection's Sunset Bar is the best one of the Solstice Class. Don't forget that the treats in the glass case at Cafe al Bacio are free...only the coffees and teas are for a fee.

Just a reminder, make sure you get a Captains Club number and have it associated with your reservation, the transfer is not automatic. You also get a certain amount of minutes internet each and some laundry benefits.

Edited by dkjretired

We have not sailed Reflection, but other than that, I would agree with all prior information on this thread....pay attention to dkjretired re: Captain's Club number. A phone call should do it.

We are Celebrity Elites who have done RCCL twice with reciprocal Diamaond status. You will find perks (coupons in your cabin) for, among other things, internet and laundry which I believe are better than offered by RCCL. Elites can meet nightly from 5--7p.m. I think, up in the forward, top deck disco/lounge. As with RCCL, there is a limited drinks menu, gratis. Unlike Allure of the Seas, in Nov. past, there are not also three free drinks at most bars pre-loaded onto your seapass card. That is a nice feature.

You should like the ship; Celebrity isn't too garrish...the M-class ships are fairly elegant looking even.

Have a great cruise.

We loved our Reflection Cruise. Our ONLY reason for going back to Royal is so we can make Diamond Status (in order to get reciprocal with X).

Have a great cruise!

To the previous poster who said X is not for families, it truly depends on the family. Mine loves X, my kids now 7 and 9 ranked X as their best cruise ever (and that is over Disney, Carnival, and Royal).

Good luck for your upcoming "adventure". We have sailed twice on the sister/mother ship for the Reflection. Love the design, class and room with these Celebrity Solstice-class ships. On February 18, while in St. Maartens on another ship, we saw the Reflection there. Looked good, but it was a busy, busy day in that port that gets too, too many ships and visitors.

Report back on these CC Boards on what you liked most, seek for future refinement/change, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 100,533 views for this posting.

Bouhunter - I think you will like Celebrity. We have just come off Reflection and had a fantastic cruise. It was our first Celebrity cruise after quite some time with Royal. We are Diamond Plus with Royal and that converted over to Elite. The Elite drinks were held up in the Sky Lounge which had some gorgeous views out to sea. It's not unlike the Viking Crown Lounge on Royal ships, just at the front.

The ship is beautiful and the service excellent. We found the staff to be very friendly and professional. You definitely could feel that there was a higher ratio of staff to guests. The food was a higher quality that RCI although some of the dishes were a bit bland. We really loved QSine, the food and service was great. If you book onboard for the first night, don't forget to negotiate a discount.