Elemis

qsuzi

Do you use Elemis soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities provided by HAL or bring your own?

DH uses whatever the ship provides, but I bring my own products. Found out the hard way that I'm allergic to some of the ingredients in the Elemis products!

I'm okay with Elemis body lotion, shampoo, and bar soap in the cabin bathrooms. However, I purchased two Elemis eye moisturizer/serum products in the Spa and wow, I had to stop using them because my face broke out into itchy, red blotches that took several weeks to heal! If your face is at all sensitive to products, be careful. The problems didn't arise right away, but about 2 weeks into using them it happened.

I seem to be alright with the shampoo for shorter cruises, but on longer ones I need my own (medicated) shampoos. I'm like that with a lot of hotel shampoos, too, though, so it's me, and not the quality of the shampoo. We always take our own bars of soap, though.

We bring our own bar soap and shampoo because we know and like the way they work for us. We also bring a small bottle of antibacterial liquid soap (not hand sanitizer) for the bathroom - I know it doesn't help with Noro if it's present but it makes me feel "safer" as it would help with any bacterial stuff that might be going around like an upper respiratory infection DH contracted half way through a 10 day cruise a couple of years ago. :D

I like Elemis Shampoo and soap. I don't care for the bath gel and bring my own bar soap in case steward does not provide enough for both sink and shower. I know we had this conversation last week, but there were times I asked for more of the round, white Elemis bar soap and was given that fig mushy mess to use at the sink. I don't ever want to be caught short having to use that again. :D

I bring my own. I can "get by" with the conditioner, but the shampoo and soap just leaves my hair and skin extremely dry.

I swear... most recent cruise.. for the first time I used the shampoo, conditioners on the wall. The Elemis soap ..... extra to use in the bath and shower OK. Shampoo.... OK... but with a very funny 'lemon' smell... feel with it..... so.... a HANDFULL ... HANDFULL.... worked a treat! Must have used a fortune of the stuff! Nice. ;)

We use the soap, as for me with my long curly hair their products are like striping my hair and even the conditioner is harsh to untangle my hair. So I stick to my own products. My husband has no problem with them. Now the body lotion is nice. Still I bring my own.

My partner and I use their products on board and have no issue, we actually like the clean smell of the bath soap. If anything there lotion could be thicker, seems to be a bit runny.

Edited by BellBoys

When we were in Europe, I noticed the products were very drying on my skin. So I ran around to different pharmacies until I found some Aveeno. So, I'll be bringing my own products on this trip. Love the smell, but elemis is drying.

I bring my own bar soap for the shower as the body wash provided makes me break out in an itchy red rash in a few days of use. The other 3 in the cabin have no issue though.

I like the Elemis shampoo and the round white soap. I don't use the shower gel. The spa onboard has stopped selling the products I like (or maybe I just have rotten luck about it never being available to purchase when I'm onboard), so I've changed to Le Labo at home.