Recommendations on footwear for excursions?

Ahall2015

We are planning on doing a snorkeling adventure in Cozumel for one of our excursions. I have read some on things to bring with you on excursions. Obviously swimsuits, and coverups along with a waterproof lanyard to hold sea card, ids, cash, etc.

The one thing I haven't heard any input on is shoes. I was leaning towards bringing water shoes anyway since they would be good for walking around the pools on ship. Would you suggest wearing them on our excursion as well?

What footwear do you all bring with you onboard and/or on excursions?

We are planning on doing a snorkeling adventure in Cozumel for one of our excursions. I have read some on things to bring with you on excursions. Obviously swimsuits, and coverups along with a waterproof lanyard to hold sea card, ids, cash, etc.

The one thing I haven't heard any input on is shoes. I was leaning towards bringing water shoes anyway since they would be good for walking around the pools on ship. Would you suggest wearing them on our excursion as well?

Teva, have a pair for 10 years. They are used and abused and still as good as new, albeit a little battered.

http://www.teva.co.uk

I just wear my flip flops...but NOT into water! That's dangerous! I don't go in water if it's rocky, anyway, so the flip-flops are fine for dry areas....I wear them on the ship, too! I don't want that "tan line" from water shoes on my feet!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Agree with not wearing your water shoes as the shoes for your excursions. No support. Save them for the snorkeling. :)

I love a Keen type. Have multiple pairs. Great for wet/dry excursions. (You can usually find generic versions at Target, etc., so no need to pay the big bucks.)

Comfortable! Go with tried and true, not brand new!

Sneakers or sandals, depending on exactly what we'll be doing. If there's a bit of a trek through a rain forest, probably the sneakers. Otherwise, probably sandals or Crocs (yes, I said it - my hubby swears by his "dress" crocs - NOT the original fluorescent orange or the like. He has some nicer ones that are brown with suede. Sort of the original style, but not.)

My husband and I both have water shoes from Land's End that are comfortable enough for walking around in so they are great for the pool deck and excursions/ports. Mine are Mary Jane style and his are tennis shoe style sot hey look fine with my swimsuit cover up dresses and his shorts & tshirt.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

HAD A PROBLEM WITH SWOLLEN ANKLES AND FEET ON A CRUISE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AND COULDN'T GET MY DRESS SHOES ON FOR FORMAL NIGHT SO WORE MY BLACK $4.99 water mocs from K MART. I FELT GREAT, LOOKED GOOD AND NOBODY NOTICED. ( NOBODY LOOKS AT A MANS FEET ON FORMAL NIGHT)

I HAVEN'T TAKEN REGULAR SHOES ON A CRUISE SINCE THEN. I HAVE A PAIR THAT I PUT THE DR. SHOLS INSERTS IN TO WEAR ON LONG WALK DAYS ETC.

AND HAVE SEVERAL PAIR IN DIFFERENT COLORS.

I PACK THEM IN PLASTIC BUT ALWAYS TAKE THEM OUT WHEN AT HOME,

THEN CAN DEVELOP AN AROMA THAT YOU WONT LIKE ON THE NEXT TRIP IF THEY AREN'T COMPLETELY DRY

DW FOUND THEM ON FACEBOOK FOR $3.99 inc delivery Always get a size larger than normal. they are made in ASIA.

SEA YA

I have a pair of black leather sneaker type shoes, I take them and wear them on excursions and they do double duty for dinner even with a suit they pass muster.

But if they weren't comfortable I wouldn't take them.

Is your excursion off land or a boat. If its on a boat your shoes will have to be put into the basket.

Is your excursion off land or a boat. If its on a boat your shoes will have to be put into the basket.

We are doing a snorkeling excursion. Boarding a smaller ship to go to different coves. It is a 5hr excursion so basically that will be the only thing we will be doing at that port.