Voyager of the seas , returning to Australia due to cyclone?

Just drove past her, unless she was still docking she is in an unusual position, I'll try and have a look later on. That's if she is still here by the time I finish work:mad:

And drove past her as she was pulling out this arvo, but I did think it was a bit early [about 4:30] drove down WATT street and there she was straight ahead, just have to pull up and watch her pass Nobby's.

I meant the ship in mid channel stopped for photos of Newcastle.:p

1. Who'd want photos of Newy, I see it every day

2. NO it actually stopped 'cause they knew I was coming down the street just then.

Would rather be on Voyager than Rhapsody when facing those big seas.

Going to be a a lot of disappointed cruisers on board. Nothing can be done of course as its all up to the weather gods and its cyclone season after all. Will such a big change of itinerary result in any compensation do you think?

While just on the Rhapsody 2/17/15 sailing, we went through cyclone Maria. On our last sea day, we did a bridge tour and spoke with Captain Rob about the weather. His comments were the Rhapsody handles the big waves better than the Voyager. Reasoning is the Rhapsody moves with the waves, going up and down on the waves, whereas the Voyager cuts through the waves making is a bit of a rougher ride.

I bet the Voyager captain would have a different take on it though!! :D

We had waves, maybe 3-6 meters. We also sailed on the RC Explorer (same ship at the Voyager) out of Bayonne, New Jersey into Hurricane Sandy. (we left 10/28/12 and Sandy hit 10/9/12). We experienced 15+meter waves and it was horrendous. Maria was a category 5 cyclone, but concentrated, and moving quickly, and we were only in the way outer bounds. Hurricane Sandy was also a category 5, but very, very large, and horrific winds and we sailed into the outer bands, but they were much larger.

Now, we can say we experience sailing through a Cat. 5 cyclone in the Pacific AND a Cat. 5 hurricane in the Atlantic!! :eek: :eek: If you want smooth sailing, don't book with me! :D

While just on the Rhapsody 2/17/15 sailing, we went through cyclone Maria. On our last sea day, we did a bridge tour and spoke with Captain Rob about the weather. His comments were the Rhapsody handles the big waves better than the Voyager. Reasoning is the Rhapsody moves with the waves, going up and down on the waves, whereas the Voyager cuts through the waves making is a bit of a rougher ride.

I bet the Voyager captain would have a different take on it though!! :D

We had waves, maybe 3-6 meters. We also sailed on the RC Explorer (same ship at the Voyager) out of Bayonne, New Jersey into Hurricane Sandy. (we left 10/28/12 and Sandy hit 10/9/12). We experienced 15+meter waves and it was horrendous. Maria was a category 5 cyclone, but concentrated, and moving quickly, and we were only in the way outer bounds. Hurricane Sandy was also a category 5, but very, very large, and horrific winds and we sailed into the outer bands, but they were much larger.

Now, we can say we experience sailing through a Cat. 5 cyclone in the Pacific AND a Cat. 5 hurricane in the Atlantic!! :eek: :eek: If you want smooth sailing, don't book with me! :D

LOL, I will keep that in mind.:D