**LIVE from Liberty of the Seas - 3/9/15**

Hello everyone,

Bags are packed and we're ready to begin our spring break adventure on Liberty of the Seas. Looks like another nice day tomorrow here in Chicago; no rain or snow in the forecast. Limo is scheduled to pick us up at 6:45 am for our flight from O'Hare to Miami. I have a shuttle service taking us from MIA to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

We sail on Monday for 5-days with stops at Labadee and Ocho Rios. It will be our first time sailing on Liberty and first time out of Ft. Lauderdale. We're all super excited! :D

My alarm is set for 4am, and because of the time change, I'll be turning in early.

Have a great time, looking forward to your report/s!

Btw..The net on Liberty wasn't all that bad when I sailed a couple B2B's not all that long ago. Perhaps having the unlimited package skews ones "experience" though?! :)

Edited by lovetotravel06

jules815,

So looking forward to your review! Although we will be going to Bermuda, the ship is still the same. Are you planning on doing the wine pairing dinner at Vintages, going to Portofino or Chops? Safe travels!

Good morning everyone! As predicted, I was wide awake at a little after 3am. It's that vacation adrenalin kicking in and I don't feel the least bit tired.

Looks like we might have showers today in south Florida, but tomorrow is forecast to be a sunny day. :) Has anyone ever eaten at Coconuts in Ft. Lauderdale? That's where we plan on having dinner tonight.

Sauvichick, I believe my daughter wants to have dinner at Chops one night. I'd prefer Portofino. Probably not the pairing at Vintages, although that sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Time to hop in the shower!

Sauvichick, I believe my daughter wants to have dinner at Chops one night. I'd prefer Portofino. Probably not the pairing at Vintages, although that sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Time to hop in the shower!

Why not do both? I've been to Chops after its menu was overhauled, but never to Portofino. We really enjoyed Chops and the short rib. Not sure how the wine pairing will be in Vintages especially since Chef's Table on the Allure has set a high standard. I'm leery of the dining room experience. Can't wait to hear more of your live review!

We ate at Coconut last fall, 4-50 years olds, and 2 -75 years olds, and we loved it! It's loud, but the energy level is high and the atmosphere was so fun. And the food was awesome! So lovely to sit outside and have a drink before dinner. We wished we were staying another night or two so we could go back again. If you like spicey food, ask for the "scoobie's". they are not on the menu, and only the locals are supposed to know about them, but they are awaesome! (that's all I am going to tell you!)

We had a blast bombing around town in the $3 open air cabs too. (Think big golf cart) Wishing I was cruising with you........

Have a great time. I'll be particularly interested in your experience in Ocho Rios. It's been almost 30 years since we were last there and it wasn't a pleasant experience. It will be cool to see how much it has changed (hopefully for the better).

Are you seeing wine and dine packages offered for purchase today ( March 9) also rumor of two new drink packages one wine only (called grape) $20 per day or Grain only $20 per day Bud bud light corona and one other i believe. Any signs of this being available today

Thanks in Advance.

We had breakfast at the hotel, and left for the port at 11:00. Glad we didn't rush, as boarding didn't begin until 11:30. We're in 1252. It's a grand suite, and we do have cushions on our balcony loungers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app