NEW Suite Upgrades....

Rick,

No one is left there to count the beans? How horrible.

Deirdra and Rick

When do we get to cruise together again??

Bean counters are needed in every business, and Mr. Goldstein has pumped the market shares in RCL to contend with CCL.

From my own personal experience with both Mr. Goldstein, and Michael Bayley, Michael has a game plan, that will bring back some of the things that Jack Williams started to put into place, before he retired.

One thing that was lacking.............customer service. I truly believe that under Mr. Bayleys command, we will see some different, and better amenities for the old timers here.

Rick

Did they say when they would go into effect?

RCI Executive office told me that the new benefits would be in place when we sail at the end of June. No specific date, and no indication of what they will be, except that Coastal Kitchen will definitely be open :)

RCI Executive office told me that the new benefits would be in place when we sail at the end of June. No specific date, and no indication of what they will be, except that Coastal Kitchen will definitely be open :)

On what ships?

Edited by sauvichick

Bean counters are needed in every business, and Mr. Goldstein has pumped the market shares in RCL to contend with CCL.

From my own personal experience with both Mr. Goldstein, and Michael Bayley, Michael has a game plan, that will bring back some of the things that Jack Williams started to put into place, before he retired.

One thing that was lacking.............customer service. I truly believe that under Mr. Bayleys command, we will see some different, and better amenities for the old timers here.

Rick

I agree with you. Although many members on the Celebrity board won't agree with me, I liked the changes that Mr. Bayley made in Celebrity. Looking forward to the much needed suite changes in Royal. We had two options this summer, the Equinox or the Allure, we chose the Equinox to try the full suite benefits Celebrity is offering. :)

Rick

I really hope some improvements in perks come to pass. I thought the CL on the Serenade last month was awesome and they had an amazing cocktail party, but aside from those I was very underwhelmed by the suite perks.

I loved Coastal Kitchen and thought the changes to Oasis were a huge step in the right direction for suites. I also love BLU, and would be thrilled to see a suite dining concept implemented across the fleet.

Right now I'm double-booked for late 2016...I have a suite on Norwegian and a GS on Royal Caribbean for the same time frame. I really want to cancel the NCL cruise, because even though the perks are incredible the pictures of the suite décor and the rest of the ship turn my stomach.:o I'm going to keep both bookings for a while and see what direction RCI takes. It's a little easier to do that now that they reduced the on-board booking deposit for suites!:)

Edited by Cindy

Funny you should say that Cindy because I have NCL booked and about a month later Indy, waiting to see what the new suite perks will be. I'm on Breakaway but noticed a huge decor difference from the newer ships compared to older ones. Seems there is lots of color in the older NCL models!!:eek:

No matter what I'll keep NCL to give them a try. Indy-it all depends if I keep it pending what these new suite perks are.

Right now I'm double-booked for late 2016...I have a suite on Norwegian and a GS on Royal Caribbean for the same time frame. I really want to cancel the NCL cruise, because even though the perks are incredible the pictures of the suite décor and the rest of the ship turn my stomach.:o I'm going to keep both bookings for a while and see what direction RCI takes. It's a little easier to do that now that they reduced the on-board booking deposit for suites!:)

Cindy

All this double booking has to stop, all it does is falsely reduce inventory for everyone else, and cause the algorithms of pricing to increase. Then at the deadline, flood the market with available cabins. I'm sure this is unpopular, but maybe it's time to make deposits unrefundable like overseas. and don't get me started on price drops. Why does everyone expect prices to come down prior to final booking. if they do isn't RCL obligated to refund a boat load of money. makes no sense. rant over:o

Cindy

All this double booking has to stop, all it does is falsely reduce inventory for everyone else, and cause the algorithms of pricing to increase. Then at the deadline, flood the market with available cabins. I'm sure this is unpopular, but maybe it's time to make deposits unrefundable like overseas. and don't get me started on price drops. Why does everyone expect prices to come down prior to final booking. if they do isn't RCL obligated to refund a boat load of money. makes no sense. rant over:o

I understand your point, however the cruises I'm talking about are 20 months away. 95% of the vacationing public isn't thinking yet about what they're doing in six months, let alone over a year and a half away.

I won't let them sit too long, and it certainly won't be a final payment kind of decision. I will have cancelled one and kept the other before December of 2015...a year before the cruise.

Edited by Cindy

There is a lot of game playing that goes on in the pricing and availability of a cruise. Maybe unfortunate, but also much like the airlines. Savvy travelers must learn how the game is played :cool:

Examples of issues (just a few!) to deal with:

TA's who get blocks of rooms for "group" tours.

Cruise lines dropping prices after final payment.

Cruise lines canceling a cruise in order to charter the ship.

Cruise lines changing shore excursions after booking.

And, what this thread is all about... changing suite perks!

There is a lot of game playing that goes on in the pricing and availability of a cruise. Maybe unfortunate, but also much like the airlines. Savvy travelers must learn how the game is played :cool:

Examples of issues (just a few!) to deal with:

TA's who get blocks of rooms for "group" tours.

Cruise lines dropping prices after final payment.

Cruise lines canceling a cruise in order to charter the ship.

Cruise lines changing shore excursions after booking.

And, what this thread is all about... changing suite perks!

Airlines don't let you cancel

Airlines don't let you cancel

Different airlines as well as different cruise lines have different cancellation and refund policies. It's always important to be aware of the "fine print"...

The point is "Savvy travelers must learn how the game is played".

Cruise Critic is a terrific source of great information to help all us become more knowledgeable ;)

Different airlines as well as different cruise lines have different cancellation and refund policies. It's always important to be aware of the "fine print"...

The point is "Savvy travelers must learn how the game is played".

Cruise Critic is a terrific source of great information to help all us become more knowledgeable ;)

Gaming system by holding cabins you probably won't use hurts fellow CC members in the log run. I liked Cindy's reply.

Gaming system by holding cabins you probably won't use hurts fellow CC members in the log run. I liked Cindy's reply.

If anything won't it help? Cabin is held, not used, released, unsold then reduced to sell last minute

And let's keep this on topic while we await the new suite enhancements. You guys can start a new thread about holding or not holding rooms. ;)

No problem, but B-52 was tired of everyone wishing and speculating. We needed something to chat about. :beer:

All I can say is 15 pages of posts and I still don't have a clue what the new suite enhancements will be.

Agree

This being the 300th. post on the thread, I am just trying to keep it on the front pages so hopefully someone will see and post when new information made available......

Thanks

Later

I was only speaking to them about issues relating to our Allure sailing. I'm afraid I don't know about any other ships.

Thanks. I just hope these new suite perks are worth it. If they are comparable to other lines I'd consider Harmony in the future. I've been looking at the Haven category on ncl and it's a "suite" deal.