NEW Suite Upgrades....

I truly hope they make some changes as my husband and I frequently book suites and hardly ever been able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge. Even though we'll be in GS on the Freedom in Sep and Jewell in December I am hoping that we will never encounter the horrible service we had on the Indy in December when we were in an OS. I hope that RC has trained their suite attendants on what the new perks will be because our suite attendant was totally clueless of ours even when we questioned them.

When your paying a fortune for a suite you should be entitled to those perks and not denied them by a crew member who is either clueless or lazy.

Seeing as they said late spring and spring starts March I can't see any announcements before May.
Seeing as OP said announcement late spring and spring starts in March, I can't see any announcements before May.

Not according to this http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15042681_2016-2017_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

I truly hope they make some changes as my husband and I frequently book suites and hardly ever been able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge. Even though we'll be in GS on the Freedom in Sep and Jewell in December I am hoping that we will never encounter the horrible service we had on the Indy in December when we were in an OS. I hope that RC has trained their suite attendants on what the new perks will be because our suite attendant was totally clueless of ours even when we questioned them.

When your paying a fortune for a suite you should be entitled to those perks and not denied them by a crew member who is either clueless or lazy.

Sorry you had a poor room attendant with horrible service. That would be the Supervisor that should have instructed and trained the room att. on Suite extras and better service. Did you mention it while on board?

Indy is our favourite ship. We have been on Indy for many many B2B++ cruises for 3 years running, in a JS mind you. And had nothing but wonderful room attendants.:)

Sure hope this happens, extra benefits with Michaels on Celebrity and the Suite dining make it hard to book more Royal cruise. We do not sail until October. It did take almost six months after promised date for sample menu.

Confused. What does the deployment schedule have to do with when suite upgrades will be announced? The OP clearly states that Suite enhancements will be announced late spring. That was what I was referring to. Late spring is May not March.

Edited by Spurschick

Sorry you had a poor room attendant with horrible service. That would be the Supervisor that should have instructed and trained the room att. on Suite extras and better service. Did you mention it while on board?

Indy is our favourite ship. We have been on Indy for many many B2B++ cruises for 3 years running, in a JS mind you. And had nothing but wonderful room attendants.:)

Boor didn't complain but questioned room attendant many times, I was recuperating from surgery and didn't have the time and energy to go to guest services! My bad but will know better next time!

Confused. What does the deployment schedule have to do with when suite upgrades will be announced? The OP clearly states that Suite enhancements will be announced late spring. That was what I was referring to. Late spring is May not March.

Oops:o I thought you were referring to when itineraries were going to be released. My apologies.

By reading the other posts today, it appears diamond plus are getting sent to diamond lounge. This allows the suite lounge to provide more suite upgrades/benefits.

I don't see how, other than making the CL/SL a quieter place - most of the D+ with whom I am acquainted are pretty self-sufficient in terms of booking restaurants, spa or excursions (if we even do them). And IME few even go to the CL except for a quick cup of coffee other than at the cocktail hour.

I think that items such as a free specialty restaurant or two (or even including specialty restaurants in the room service options), a private restaurant (already started on QN and OA with Coastal Kitchen), Internet minutes, free laundry, a bottle of something tasty in the cabin, etc. would be nice additions.

Since RCI hasn't announced anything definite, post what you want to see - perhaps they'll get some ideas from us.:D

I'd like to see ....... upgraded bed lines, a pillow menu, upgraded bath towels, toiletries, a bath menu (selection of different bath salts/soaps), fresh flowers, fruit baskets, Bon voyage sparkling wine, evening canapés/petitfores, enhanced balcony furnishings, butler service (excluding JS), free laundry, free internet minutes (based on suite category), enhanced on demand movie/tv offerings for free, coastal kitchen rolled out fleet wide, free drinks package (excluding JS).....

Basically mirror the Celebrity Suite enhancements

I'd like to see ....... upgraded bed lines, a pillow menu, upgraded bath towels, toiletries, a bath menu (selection of different bath salts/soaps), fresh flowers, fruit baskets, Bon voyage sparkling wine, evening canapés/petitfores, enhanced balcony furnishings, butler service (excluding JS), free laundry, free internet minutes (based on suite category), enhanced on demand movie/tv offerings for free, coastal kitchen rolled out fleet wide, free drinks package (excluding JS).....

Yes.

On the Allure last year we got the pillow menu and fruit baskets.

I really hope they announce these soon and give us an idea of where they are going with these new suite plans.

I have a huge family vacation planned and after my test drive on NCL it will make my decision where I go for the family vacation.

spring is just around the corner.........:)

Taking ten months after announcement on Celebrity to open suite class restaurant. Michaels club did start almost at once. They seem to be the biggest upgrades. Michael's was great, will see about restaurant may 1

Now that I think about it, we didn't get a fruit basket on arrival on Liberty last week, but definitely had one on Brilliance back in January, and we also had a pillow menu on Brilliance. We had the one larger, glass bottle of Evian, and water bottles and cookies that were part of my Emerald gift.

I really hope they announce these soon and give us an idea of where they are going with these new suite plans.

I have a huge family vacation planned and after my test drive on NCL it will make my decision where I go for the family vacation.

spring is just around the corner.........:)

Have next Spring Break (April 2016) and Holiday 2016 booked through NCL for just this reason. RCI itineraries not open yet anyway, but would really like to know what new Suite Bennies will be.

Scanditaly

p.s. Cruising on NCL and Celebrity with my wines of choice do stack the odds against RCI a bit, but so far, our whole family really fits with RCI has to offer.

We loved Coastal Kitchen on Oasis -- that alone would convince me to book a suite every time. We're also big fans of BLU on Celebrity, so obviously some kind of a dining option is something I'd like to see.

You made a lot of good points! I think there are a number of things Royal Caribbean could do at little or no cost to them to enhance the suite experience. Specialty dining discounts/comps, free internet, included laundry and dry cleaning/pressing, and beverage package discounts/perks would all be simple to implement and I think would be greatly appreciated. I'm one of those people who has access to two lounges as well as the drinks loaded on my sea pass, but I still pay for the Ultimate package so I can drink what I want to drink when I want to drink it!:o I'd love some kind of discount on a beverage package! A lot of times, we want to visit with people in the lounge, but we hate their wine, so we go to Vintages and get our wine to go!;)

I'd like to see more consistency between ships, so I could know what I should expect when I board and what I'm going to have to fight for. To me, it's inexcusable to have to fight for a lounger when you're in a suite, but that's exactly what you have to do on the Navigator, and then they bring you some beaters from the pool deck.:( I'd also like to see RCI make it easier to entertain when you're in a suite. We had a balcony party when we were in a suite on HAL, and they happily supplied trays of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres for us. A party we attended in a suite on the Celebrity Constellation was incredible. On Oasis we were in an Aqua Theater Suite, and I felt like we had to fight for a tray of cookies!:rolleyes:

We were on the Serenade last week, and I thought the CL was the best we've experienced, in large part because of the ample space, great concierge, and the outstanding server. I've experienced lounges where we've visited once, not been able to get anything we wanted to drink, not been able to get a seat, and never returned.

Something I really missed last week was the availability of Chops as a seating alternative to the Windjammer. We don't like the buffet, and we were disappointed to find Serenade didn't have an alternative (quieter) seating area, especially as the ship was full. On the other hand, the Suite "cocktail party" on Serenade was incredible...much more than a cocktail party -- more like an upscale luncheon!

Our next cruise is on Princess...our first with them since 2007, and our first full suite on that line. I'll be anxious to see how the perks compare. I've heard a lot of good things about the suite perks on Norwegian and we actually have one booked right now, but I'm kind of on the fence about that one and we'll probably come back to RCI on the Liberty instead of trying NCL Jade.

Edited by Cindy