Adding a 3rd person - or a cabin for a single traveller

suzk2275a

My mom is interested in joining us on our March 28th cruise. It looks like there are very limited options for single travelers right now (while there are inside cabins available, when you try to book them for a single traveler, the only cabins available are veranda or concierge cabins). Our cabin will accommodate 3 passengers, but the current rate for our category cabin has gone up. Does anyone know what would happen to our rate if we add a 3rd passenger to our cabin?

I believe your rate won't change if she joins you in your cabin, but she will be charged the third person fare.

Another option would be to book her into an inside cabin with a friend or relative who doesn't show up (paying for two). While the ethics of this move is questionable, so is the cruise line's for forcing her into a more expensive cabin with a higher single supplement just because she is traveling alone.

I recommend looking again at doing an interior for herself. Does she have a friend who might be able to join her? It could easily be cheaper for her to bring a friend and pay for both than many alternatives. A third person in the room is fine, but not much privacy.

Also, some have found that interior guarantee rooms were not available to book online as a single, but could be done by phone.

Edited by Algebralovr

I recently booked a single inside cabin with no problems, although I was able to eventually upgrade after final payment. Call Captains Club and ask them to work with the resolution desk and it should be possible unless things have changed in the past 6 months.

My friend would like to join us on our Cruise, but she is alone. When I called, the price of the cabin was the same as for two people even though it was just her. Are you saying that she could get an inside cabin for just a single passenger fare? Thanks!

No, a single person nearly always pays the whole price for the cabin but the web site doesn't allow single people to book particular cabins at some times depending I presume on the booking profile of that sailing. I travel with my sister and brother in law and see this availability issue a lot on the web site. Particularly the guarantees aren't book able by single people. Must be to do with profit on board I suppose. We tend to book early when it isn't an issue but watching the prices has shown me this.

Ayton Lady is correct. There are inside cabins available (for 2 people), but I am unable to book them for a single person. I can book a veranda at a higher rate for a single - but will pay more than the total for 2 people for this particular cruise.

Also keep in mind that there is a possibility you wouldn't be able to add a 3rd person to your cabin even if there is an extra berth. It has to do with the capacity of the lifeboats. The only way to sort this out is to call Celebrity directly.

You all will have a much better time with two cabins. Like others have pointed out, an inside cabin will cost the same for one or two occupants..so for your mom to invite a friend would not cost more (other than gratuities for the second person which perhaps the friend would pay that portion or perhaps for some of the cabin).

Celebrity was great - they helped us out with a last minute booking for my mom in a room that she was happy with.

Thanks for sharing your good news.

I really appreciate it when a poster comes back to the thread and lets eveyone kow how their problem was solved in the end.