Is this idea too crazy?

Hi. I'm a new poster and hope I can hit up you experts for advice. We are going on our first cruise this summer on Disney. It is a 4 day to Nassau and Castaway Cay for my parents' 50th anniversary. I'm very hopeful that I love cruising. On paper it seems like the perfect vacation. My mom has the same high hopes and exciement I do. In my lurking, I got interested in Royal's bigger ships and then came across the 9 night Eastern Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas for next March. All the ports look interesting and the ship looks like a lot of fun. So, we are thinking about booking a couple rooms.

1. It appears that a 4 year old (DD) would have plenty to enjoy. Yes?

2. Has anyone stayed in a central park balcony room? They seem lovely even though you don't see the ocean.

3. With the current promotion (buy one get one 50% off), the price is incredibly reasonable. Would it be nuts to book the cruise even before cruising? Is canceling pretty easy if we decide we hate boats?

Edited by TestingH2O
Typo

...With the current promotion (buy one get one 50% off), the price is incredibly reasonable. Would it be nuts to book the cruise even before cruising? Is canceling pretty easy if we decide we hate boats?

If you book under US/Candian rules, you can cancel anythime before final payment date for a full refund. If you use a travel agent, make sure you ask them if they have any cancel fees, before you book the cruise.

Hi. I'm a new poster and hope I can hit up you experts for advice. We are going on our first cruise this summer on Disney. It is a 4 day to Nassau and Castaway Cay for my parents' 50th anniversary. I'm very hopeful that I love cruising. On paper it seems like the perfect vacation. My mom has the same high hopes and exciement I do. In my lurking, I got interested in Royal's bigger ships and then came across the 9 night Eastern Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas for next March. All the ports look interesting and the ship looks like a lot of fun. So, we are thinking about booking a couple rooms.

2. Has anyone stayed in a central park balcony room? They seem lovely even though you don't see the ocean.

3. With the current promotion (buy one get one 50% off), the price is incredibly reasonable. Would it be nuts to book the cruise even before cruising? Is canceling pretty easy if we decide we hate boats?

We've cruised Oasis (2) and Allure and always booked a C1 balcony. They are cheaper and we love, especially the side that looks opposite Park Café s one can see eager pax rushing for the famous roast beef sandwiches. It is nicely situated and most of the time, because you do not actually face the water, it does not feel that you're on the ship. Also, around the time that the band is playing by the pool it is nice listening while sitting on the balcony. The only downside is to be sure your drapes are drawn as your neighbors can see you from across.

As you can see from my signature, we are booked twice on Oasis in 2016.

A child will have PLENTY to do...so will you!

I'd rather see the ocean...that's why I cruise! Lots of folks like the CP view, tho.

I don't know about the promotions. If you hate boats, you may not hate SHIPS...that's what you'll be on ...a SHIP! The "boats" are lifeboats....big difference!

If you have never cruised before, you have no idea the size of these "boats". I always laugh at my brother who won't cruise because he doesn't want to "look at nothing but water" for a week. We tell him you don't ever have to see water if you don't want to.

You can't imagine how much there will be to do and see from the moment you step aboard. I almost envy you the awe and wonder of that first cruise. Although I have to say I still feel that way whenever I take one of these extraordinary vacations.

Sue

When we booked we had a 726 day countdown. :eek: Booking early is the best time to book because you can choose the room(s) you want. :)

Also, after you book....if your price goes down, you can call and they will adjust your bill accordingly.

You will have a blast!

Try to book a room in the back of the ship in one of the boardwalk balcony cabins. Your dd will enjoy the view of the aquatheater, the boardwalk and partially see the ocean. It really isn't much more than a CP balcony room. Our kids loved being back there. We had 12729.

If you've lurked here for any time you'll know that those promotions seem like a good deal, but many times they are not. It looks incredibly reasonable to you because you are comparing to Disney prices. If you have flexibility about dates and cabins, the really good deals will be after final payment (30-60 days out). Look at the current Tuesday specials to see what deals can be had.

NOt only should you book it, you should consider whether to book a Royal Caribbean cruise in lieu of Disney! Royal has a wonderful program for children, and if you go on Oasis or Allure, you will have character opportunities as well. The big difference is that Royal has more activities for adults as well.