WOW - bar drinks prices increased by up to 40%

icsys

Add 18% per day on to these daily charges. ie: Premium package is 57.82 a day, Ultimate package is 64.90 a day.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

yup! I like to have a few drinks (especially on vacation) and I figured

a couple Captain & Cokes or beers during the day,

a wine at dinner,

a cocktail for the show & maybe more after (depending on what we were doing) was going to add up to more than the $57.82/day for me. I didnt buy the package for the 1st day because I brought wine aboard but the $347 package is the least I have spent on a 7 day bar tab...

Ok, this is a dumb question, don't know why I can't figure this out. But I want to be sure.

RCI's website states in FAQ:

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

QUESTION: So, if I don't get buy a drink package from the bar until Day 3 of my 7 days cruise, will i be charged for days 1 and 2 regardless? Or will I only be charged for the drink package for day 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7?

Will they charge us for all 7 days, regardless of which day I buy the package. and on top of that, drinks I bought previously would still be charged and not included in the drink package price?

I got a feeling they'll be charging us for all 7 days, regardless of when I buy it., so at $63/day, it comes out to be $441 per person.

Ok, this is a dumb question, don't know why I can't figure this out. But I want to be sure.

RCI's website states in FAQ:

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

QUESTION: So, if I don't get buy a drink package from the bar until Day 3 of my 7 days cruise, will i be charged for days 1 and 2 regardless? Or will I only be charged for the drink package for day 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7?

Will they charge us for all 7 days, regardless of which day I buy the package. and on top of that, drinks I bought previously would still be charged and not included in the drink package price?

I got a feeling they'll be charging us for all 7 days, regardless of when I buy it., so at $63/day, it comes out to be $441 per person.

You won't be charged for the first two days. However, that is not true of the soda pkg. If you buy on 2nd or 3rd day, you will pay for all 7

Are there no more shooters offered because of the drink package? IF I were to get the package I'd be looking forward to trying some. Maybe it's a "new" thing to discontinue shooters? Any other July cruisers see after dinner shots offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there no more shooters offered because of the drink package? IF I were to get the package I'd be looking forward to trying some. Maybe it's a "new" thing to discontinue shooters? Any other July cruisers see after dinner shots offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late June on Freedom. I don't recall seeing the waiters walking with the trays, but I think you can still order them after dinner. Packages don't get the shooter glass of old anyway.

We used to drink a lot of WooWoos on Monarch.

Late June on Freedom. I don't recall seeing the waiters walking with the trays, but I think you can still order them after dinner. Packages don't get the shooter glass of old anyway.

We used to drink a lot of WooWoos on Monarch.

That's true, several at our table on Liberty this past March had to specifically ask for the shooters.

Excellent, Thanks.

that will save me a chunk of money as we don't plan to drink it up too much on day 1, and not at all on day 2 as our excursion is from 7am to 8pm...

Prorated -pay only for the last 4 days

• 1 month later...

My Daughter and I were on Diamond Princess in June through Asia and we purchased the Bubbles and More Drinks Package which is a Non Alcoholic Package for US $8 per day per person. This included unlimited sodas, milkshakes, thickshakes, ice cream, non-alcoholic cocktails- mocktails - (which were amazing) and more. We found this fantastic value. When we wanted the odd alcoholic drink, we just paid for it. Worked out brilliantly for us. A similar package on RCL is US $30 per day. This does include coffee however it does not include some things included in the Princess one.

Princess also had Happy Hour twice a day where you got 2 drinks for the price of one - any drinks you liked (excluding bottled wine). They were the same drinks though. So, for example if you bought one Pina Colada you got two etc.

We met up with a few young guys onboard who purchased the alcoholic drinks package which was similarish price per day as RCL's, but they could purchase it just for sea days. They loved this because on the Port days, they were busy on tours etc and did not find they consumed many drinks and on the sea days lived it up and had quite a few drinks. They were saying that this was absolutely the best way to go.

We were all super impressed by the value of Princess drinks.:)

Like a lot of things, people will probably do it once and purchase RCL's drinks package and try it. They will then realise it was not such good value for them and/or a cruise on RCL is no longer as good value as with other lines. You never kill the goose that layed the golden egg. They were on a good thing and making a nice little dollar out of drinks. It could well come back to bight them. Greed doesn't seem to work out for many.

Edited by Denice and Annalise

Taking my first cruise on RCCL and after reading some of these boards, I'm wondering if we shouldn't have tried another cruise line. This is only my 3rd cruise but on the last two I didn't spend anywhere near the 400$ they want for drink packages. But, I'm sure we weren't paying 12$+ for drinks. We never denied ourselves a drink because we were afraid of the prices either. I think Royal has increased the individual drink prices to get more people to buy the packages cause in the long run they will come out on top. If they sell 100 packages they are betting on maybe half of those people will drink the amount of drinks it's takes for the individual to break even. And they are getting their money upfront. Most people figure the price per day on number of days they are on the cruise but I figured it on the days on the boat and we would be paying 100$ a day due to some all day excursions.

Of course this is mostly my opinion. I will repost after my cruise with the hard numbers.

Thank goodness I have loyalty status (with Celebrity) so I can use the Diamond lounge or the 3 vouchers each evening. I wouldn't be able afford to drink and cruise otherwise.

Are you saying that drink prices are much cheaper on Celebrity?

Are you saying that drink prices are much cheaper on Celebrity?

I think he's saying with the reciprocal benefits he can go to the DL and/or use the vouchers so it won't hurt as much.

Edited by Big_G

We just returned home from the Oasis sailing on August 1st. of this year.

Both me and DH purchased the drink package, DD could not because she is only 20.

I actually kept track almost all my bar drinks, and most of them in the suite lounge (hiccup) where I had a rare captains and diet coke, but a significant amount of champagne.

It looks like . . . .I did not get my moneys worth on the drink package per say.

I rarely drink during the day except on boarding, never had a drink at the pool.

We usually had a couple (1-2) mixes from a bar as we got ready for the evening.

Then we went to the suite lounge and had (3-4) glasses of champagne.

On 5 days we were invited to different parties, (suite, Emerald) and drinks were there for us (champagne).

Next year when we are in the suite again, saving my $$ and not buying the package.

Also we will be diamond, and I can use those 3 vouchers before 8pm.

DH likes a good frozen Daquiri and other mixes not in suite lounge so he will get package and he will get his moneys worth.

And if I want a captains and diet coke during the day I will just buy it.

Sea Ya

I actually kept track almost all my bar drinks, and most of them in the suite lounge (hiccup) where I had a rare captains and diet coke, but a significant amount of champagne.

That's encouraging. My experience with this has varied. It's not on the CL or DL menu but some servers will grab a bottle Captain and some won't.

More information for those interested. I cruised on the Grandeur from 8/14-8/21. Drinks were actually cheaper than I had thought they would be. My goto drink, Sapphire and Tonic was 8.00. Kahlua Sombrero, 7.00. Beers were 5.50 and 6.00. Frozen drinks were 10.00. There were some specialty drinks which were 12.00. Hope this helps people in their planning!

More information for those interested. I cruised on the Grandeur from 8/14-8/21. Drinks were actually cheaper than I had thought they would be. My goto drink, Sapphire and Tonic was 8.00. Kahlua Sombrero, 7.00. Beers were 5.50 and 6.00. Frozen drinks were 10.00. There were some specialty drinks which were 12.00. Hope this helps people in their planning!

Excellent sailing on grandeur in feb and was about to ask drinks prices

Never cruised before but personally don't see the point in a drinks package as for half the cruise your off the boat anyway?!

Yes

Dinner mates did not have drink package. And the misses wanted a martini and he signed for it on his sea pass for her. Neither had drink package.

I guess this was outside of the happy hour window. Or they were guests of someone who had access to CK.

We just returned home from the Oasis sailing on August 1st. of this year.

Both me and DH purchased the drink package, DD could not because she is only 20.

It looks like . . . .I did not get my moneys worth on the drink package per say.

I rarely drink during the day except on boarding, never had a drink at the pool.

We usually had a couple (1-2) mixes from a bar as we got ready for the evening.

Then we went to the suite lounge and had (3-4) glasses of champagne.

On 5 days we were invited to different parties, (suite, Emerald) and drinks were there for us (champagne).

Next year when we are in the suite again, saving my $$ and not buying the package.

Also we will be diamond, and I can use those 3 vouchers before 8pm.

DH likes a good frozen Daquiri and other mixes not in suite lounge so he will get package and he will get his moneys worth.

And if I want a captains and diet coke during the day I will just buy it.

Sea Ya

Sorry but Of course you came nowhere near what the drink package cost as you drank cheap champagne and only a rare Captain and coke, rarely drink during the day and never had a drink at the pool..... I'm thinking you should have done research into cheap drinking..... Then you would have known the drink package wasn't for you.....

Edited by jagmanss1

Could you please be more specific on beers as bud is way less than say Stella and Sapphire is nowhere near Patron.....

Edited by jagmanss1