NCL Drug bust Tampa FL

leela8

Definitely not the usual crew from Indonesia and the Philippines.

I work in the shipping industry I've never seen rough characters such as these on the worst tubs we load

*Living large one week at a time*

You guys are hilarious!!!! I posted the link on carnival and they flamed me for doing it. Lighten up Carnival people!

I stuck up for you. ;) I thought Carnival was the "fun ship" and the "party ship"...maybe they don't deserve that title after all? I guess NCL is now the "party" ship. :p

When the package in your pants is just too big to actually be your natural package..... :eek:

Just heard this on the net. Vi*g*a and Cia**s are fighting over each other on who gets to hire these homeboys to appear in their next commercial.

Edited by sfaaa

I think they were looking back in early February. On our sailing we arrived at the port really early, 9:30am. While we were in the cruise terminal two police officers with sniffer dogs walked thru the terminal and up the boarding ramp. As I stood by the windows I looked down and their was a large group of CG and another 6-8 police officers with 2 more sniffer dogs near the area food and trash is taken off. I believe they also boarded the ship

I think they were looking back in early February. On our sailing we arrived at the port really early, 9:30am. While we were in the cruise terminal two police officers with sniffer dogs walked thru the terminal and up the boarding ramp. As I stood by the windows I looked down and their was a large group of CG and another 6-8 police officers with 2 more sniffer dogs near the area food and trash is taken off. I believe they also boarded the ship

Laszlo,

What you are describing happens on a regular basis and is normal.

I am APPALLED that most posting think is is very FUNNY IT IS NOT. These young men have screwed up their lives, the lives of their families- parents, wives, children, others form their countries looking for employment, and their shipmates. Their foolish actions will have long term consequences.

ONE final thought on this: IT is American taxpayer dollars that are paying for: (1) the investigation, (2) jail expenses prior to trial (3) Public Defenders for each one at $300 an hour, (4) the cost of the trials and (5) the cost to imprison them for whatever the sentences may be.

Do I want my tax dollars spent like this; NO!!!

Laszlo,

I am APPALLED that most posting think is is very FUNNY IT IS NOT. These young men have screwed up their lives, the lives of their families- parents, wives, children, others form their countries looking for employment, and their shipmates. Their foolish actions will have long term consequences.

I've never seen that many at a port before. I don't get all the jokes, its OUR tax money be used for this

Laszlo,

That's exactly why its sadly humorous - most greedy people never think of the consequences til after they get caught red-handed and some still think they are in the right even after serving 100 years in jail. Unfortunately, that's life - some people don't realize how good they have it until after the fact.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

My cruise came into Tampa a few weeks ago (different line, same terminal). There were several drug dogs in the terminal.

It was also interesting in Cozumel. All passengers were funneled down to a single exit onto the pier area and armed police were there with drug dogs. All backpacks, large bags, etc were thoroughly being checked by the dogs.

ONE final thought on this: IT is American taxpayer dollars that are paying for: (1) the investigation, (2) jail expenses prior to trial (3) Public Defenders for each one at $300 an hour, (4) the cost of the trials and (5) the cost to imprison them for whatever the sentences may be.

I prefer to see my tax dollars being spent on drug busts than watching the politicians spending millions to study the sex life of the yellow legged tree frogs and other such worthless projects.

Edited by swedish weave

Finding humor in the circumstances surrounding a crime isn't the same as approving of the crime.

From what I can tell, these are American citizens who weren't being "foolish" -- they were committing crimes. Stupidly brazen crimes, for which they will now face the consequences. Arrest in Florida is far preferable to what might have happened to them if arrested in other ports.

You don't want to pay to put criminals behind bars? I DO!

Its really sad. 7 kilos will do you some serious federal time. Cruise ship workers and even passengers are profiled in many ways. In Miami cocaine has been smuggled on cruise ships under wigs, in sandals, and even inside the body.

What they made in one smuggling trip was probably worth more than several months salary.

7 kilos is a huge amount... like 15 pounds... that's like 3 5lb bags of sugar...

How the heck do you stuff 3 lbs each in your spandex underwear?

No wonder they were suspicious!

7 kilos is a huge amount... like 15 pounds... that's like 3 5lb bags of sugar...

How the heck do you stuff 3 lbs each in your spandex underwear?

No wonder they were suspicious!

Not to mention that every hetero female would notice a young man in spandex shorts with a "large package." :p:eek: