Bugs?

nfglory1

Just a random question and out of curiosity. I have been on a handful of cruises and haven't seen any bugs such as spiders, roaches, ants, etc on the cruise ship in rooms or on balconies. Anyone encounter any insects while on the ship? I have always loved the fact of being able to walk on the balcony at night without eight legged friends being around but I'm not sure if that has been just luck...

I have seen ants and other flying insects. Just like at home. :D

Yea, I mean I know there's some but it always seems considerably less than at home or at land based hotels in the Midwest. Never seen a spider. It also could be me being oblivious in paradise.

I've never seen a bug on a cruise ship and I've been on 15 of them! And believe me, I'm a person who gets paranoid when it comes to bugs and even sometimes "look for" bugs when I'm away just in case.

I'm sure there are some inside the ship, the typical ones, but I attribute not seeing them on deck to being out on the high seas where there are no trees, no soil, etc...well, no land lol! ;)

Not so much on colder climate cruise like Alaska but bugs can easily be brought onto the ship by passengers cruising in tropical countries. I found an ugly looking bug crawling in some souvenir wrapping paper in Costa Rica. Freaked me right out and immediately went into the kill mode. Then at night time, I saw a bunch of flying bugs attracted by lights from the ship and landing all over the top deck.

Yes! I was heading out to the pool while in port and as I got closer to the door I saw this large black spot on the carpet...I thought it was a piece of garbage until I got closer. It was a huge beetle! Ugh, just got shivers thinking about it!

Edited by CanadianMommyof2

I found a cockroach crawling around in our cabin bathroom on Celebrity out of Civitavecchia. We arrived straight from Newark to the port with no stops. Guest services inspected our room thoroughly and our luggage, fumigated, sent us two bottles of wine and a cheese and fruit platter. They assured us that there was no evidence of insect litter in our cabin and therefore the bug must have hitchhiked on our luggage from anywhere beginning in Newark to the port into the cabin. As my husband is an exterminator by trade, he was satisfied with the way Celebrity handled the situation and we had no further problems during our 9 day cruise. Love, love, love Celebrity!!