Can anyone recommend the Vancouver to Hawaii Cruise

gordylad

Vancouver is lovely and you should plan a few days there. Hawaii is a great cruise destination we did it in once from San Diego, the islands are beautiful It is a bit like a transatlantic with all the sea day so if you liked the one you did you should also like this one.

We did this cruise in 2014. I loved it. Only problem was there was a storm our first 2 days and a lot of people were seasick. We were not seasick but did not feel good enough to want to do anything.

Spent 2 days in Vancouver and loved it! The itinerary could not be beat! Spent 3 nights in Kauai after the cruise. Kauai is amazing!

We are doing the April 2016 voyage. Love Hawaii and have been to Vancouver once briefly. We plan to stay a couple of days to explore the city. We are starting in Sydney and looking forward to revisiting that city. We will definitely post and let you know our thoughts!

We did this cruise last September! We loved it. We live in Vancouver so we didn't have to fly to get to the cruise. We loved the days at sea and the ports when we arrived in Hawaii. You should spend a few days in Hawaii after the cruise. You dock right in Honolulu so it makes it easy to get anywhere.

Two years ago we boarded in Hawaii and went to Sydney! It was our favorite cruise. We were sorry we didn't start in Vancouver.

Either cruise is great. Celebrity is the best cruise line that does this itinerary.

I did that trip on the Solstice 2 years ago when it was San Diego (Ensenada) - Honolulu. Loved it! First day out was pretty rough - I don't often get seasick, but I spent that day in my cabin. Don't know if that would be different leaving from Vancouver, or if it was unique to my trip or just me!

Otherwise, it was absolutely glorious! Loved the beautiful days at sea and every stop (especially Maui!). We did happen to be there during the brief government shutdown, so missed Pearl Harbor, which was unfortunate. But just an excuse to go again, right? :)

I would definitely recommend it too. We did have slightly rough seas when we sailed out of Vancouver but it was the tail end of a hurricane so we expected this. We sailed from Honolulu to Vancouver last year and the seas were like glass. Hopefully you will get smooth sailing. Even if you don't, it is a great cruise. Hawaii is wonderful.

We did this cruise last year and loved it so much that we are doing it again this year. We are then staying in Oahu for 4 days. The seas were a little rough the first 2 days out of Vancouver - but not too bad. I've been on alot rougher on transatlantic cruises. You will love this cruise if you enjoy sea days.

Gail

I just wish that Hawaii wasn't so far away, I would visit again in a heartbeat.

We toured 4 islands ( Oahu, Kaui, Maui(2 nights) and Hawaii -the Big island, 2 nights) on our Century cruise in 2012. I'm not sure how many islands are visited on the Solstice, Vancouver to Sydney, but if you can, spend more time at at least one of them when you disembark.

sounds similar the stops are

Day 1 Vancouver, British Columbia 5:00PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 At Sea

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 Kailua Kona, Hawaii Tendered 8:00AM 6:00PM

Day 8 Hilo, Hawaii Docked 8:00AM 6:00PM

Day 9 Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii Tendered 8:00AM

Day 10 Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii Tendered 7:00PM

Day 11 Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 7:00AM

I think we will probably stay 3 nights at the end in Oahu. The flight to London via San Fran should allow us a stopover in San Fran for a couple of nights as we havent been there.

With any luck, June (Hawaiian ambassador) will be on board. The last 2 times we have sailed this route, there were hula lessons (featured in the guest talent show), ukelele lessons and crafts taught by June and her team. This made the at sea days a whole lot of fun. Hopefully, these activities are alive and well on Celebrity and not one of the areas that have fallen to cutbacks.

With any luck, June (Hawaiian ambassador) will be on board. The last 2 times we have sailed this route, there were hula lessons (featured in the guest talent show), ukelele lessons and crafts taught by June and her team. This made the at sea days a whole lot of fun. Hopefully, these activities are alive and well on Celebrity and not one of the areas that have fallen to cutbacks.

I will let you know! We are doing the Hawaii-Vancouver run in 37 days :D

I will let you know! We are doing the Hawaii-Vancouver run in 37 days :D

The worst thing about our cruise was having to get off the ship in Ensenada and being bussed to San Diego ( the cruise was advertised as finishing in San Diego) We had to do this, due the rules in USA, that unless it is a closed loop cruise, it cannot start and end in 2 different US ports, unless a distant foreign country is visited. Craziest law I've ever heard of.

Hopefully, finishing in Vancouver ( Canada) this won't happen.

I would find out before you book, as many people missed flights, due to hold ups. Also one of the coaches used was impounded, due to being not fit to travel.

The worst thing about our cruise was having to get off the ship in Ensenada and being bussed to San Diego ( the cruise was advertised as finishing in San Diego) We had to do this, due the rules in USA, that unless it is a closed loop cruise, it cannot start and end in 2 different US ports, unless a distant foreign country is visited. Craziest law I've ever heard of.

This cruise actually goes straight from Hilo, Hawaii to Vancouver. No Ensenada. We've done the Ensenada/San Diego thing before ;)

I would find out before you book, as many people missed flights, due to hold ups. Also one of the coaches used was impounded, due to being not fit to travel.

It was because of the Ensenada stop being disliked by everyone that Vancouver was chosen as the disembarking port for this cruise. They even modified the mast on the ship to get the Solstice under the Lions Gate Bridge. I just wish they would go one step further and add a Vancouver to Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, but I know this will never happen.