options for breakfast

sammybonny

We will be on our first Princess cruise later this year on Caribbean Princess and were wondering if breakfast is served in the main dining room every day or only on sea days.

My husband is not very keen on the buffet for breakfast.

thanks

Can you get room service breakfast each day? Apart from embarktion/disembarktion days, I would assume.

You're correct although it's mostly cold continental style items except for their version of an Egg McMuffin. You get an order card each night & place it on your outside door handle before going to bed. Some have reported adding other hot items & getting them but that can vary. They'll have you sign the order to show that it was delivered.

On the order form is a space for a tip however if you want to tip cash is best. As long as you keep the auto tip then any extra cash tip you may give is kept by your server; without auto tip it goes into the tip pool.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We will be on our first Princess cruise later this year on Caribbean Princess and were wondering if breakfast is served in the main dining room every day or only on sea days.

My husband is not very keen on the buffet for breakfast.

thanks

Yes, breakfast is served everyday in 1 of the dining rooms. The Princess Patter(newsletter/brochure) is where you will find the times of operation and what dining room is open.(usually on the back page) Carry this with you everywhere as it is your go to for info.

Other breakfast dining is the International cafe;not buffet, but not quite sit down. Have to stand in line to get food in refrigerated case and then find a seat. Quite nice though. I love the sit down casual service in the MDR for breakfast.:)

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

I learned from CC what you can do with Room Service for breakfast. On the order form I have written in things like eggs Benedicts, bacon, omlets, English muffin etc. and they have arrived. Another thing that I tried was on the form where it said 7-7:30 am I circled the 7 am and it was delivered at that time. Even tho it's not on the form from my experience they will deliver it.

Tom:)

Agree with all other posters' responses. We always have a balcony and like to either have room service deliver a basic breakfast, or one of us runs to buffet and brings back a platter which we then enjoy on the balcony. Not sure why your hubby is against the buffet, but they do have every conceivable breakfast item available. I've heard some comments from people that the breakfast buffet never changes.....but I'm not sure what they could change when pretty much every typical breakfast item is available every day!

No matter what choice you make of where to enjoy breakfast, there are so many options there's no reason to go hungry:)

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Agree with all other posters' responses. We always have a balcony and like to either have room service deliver a basic breakfast, or one of us runs to buffet and brings back a platter which we then enjoy on the balcony. Not sure why your hubby is against the buffet, but they do have every conceivable breakfast item available. I've heard some comments from people that the breakfast buffet never changes.....but I'm not sure what they could change when pretty much every typical breakfast item is available every day!

No matter what choice you make of where to enjoy breakfast, there are so many options there's no reason to go hungry:)

Thanks for the info

my husband doesnt object to the choice of food in the buffets he just doesnt like how difficult it can be sometimes when its busy to find an empty table.

He also likes to be waited on (usually by me at home) and he prefers a hot breakfast although we do room service sometimes if we have a balcony

What sort of things are available in the International cafe at breakfast?

This is our first Princess cruise so I dont know about this venue

The only hot item is the Egg McMuffin type of a breakfast sandwich & the other items I recall are pastries & yogurt with muesli. If you want coffee, you have to pay or use a coffee card punch for a cup of brewed coffee or a specialty coffee drink.

I am not a Buffet person either. I did, however, find the breakfast very good. On occasion I put what I wanted on my plate and asked one of the folks behind the counter to put tinfoil over it and then headed back to my cabin to enjoy. Don't forget the silverware. :eek:

I do like the Room Service breakfast for early excursions. Like Tom mentioned, I have circled the 7 in 7-730 and received our breakfast right at 7am. :)

I am not a Buffet person either. I did, however, find the breakfast very good. On occasion I put what I wanted on my plate and asked one of the folks behind the counter to put tinfoil over it and then headed back to my cabin to enjoy.

Sometimes I bring disposable plate covers from home to use for this purpose. Or you can simply put another place upside down on top of the one with the food for a quick cover. The platters they give you in the buffet are plenty big enough to bring back enough food for 2. Another tip I picked up here on CC was to order something from room service on day one (like extra ice) which they will bring on a tray. You can then use that tray to bring back food from buffet all week, and have room for extras like silverware etc.

On Island Princess last year, I was initially disappointed that the MDR breakfast menu didn't have Eggs Benedict listed (since that's my main reason to eat breakfast in the MDR) - but they had it available, I just had to ask the waiter. Island doesn't have an IC yet but the buffet breakfast was really good, with some excellent variety from day to day.

Thanks for the info

my husband doesnt object to the choice of food in the buffets he just doesnt like how difficult it can be sometimes when its busy to find an empty table.

He also likes to be waited on (usually by me at home) and he prefers a hot breakfast although we do room service sometimes if we have a balcony

My hubby prefers the buffet (Horizon) as he can get a made-to-order omelet there. Sometimes on sea days, if he goes early, he'll also bring a tray (there's usually one in the cabin that the canned sodas and bottled waters are placed in order to entice you to use. He'll stow away the tray in the closet to use the next time as the platters are too small to carry all the items), place a bowl of fruit, a waffle, pastry, pancakes, box of cereal, glass of OJ (which is way too small so I often have to go get some more), etc. for my daughter and I to enjoy when we finally wake up.

I don't know about all of the Princess ships, but often there's four dining areas of the Horizon, two on each side. So if you go at a peak time and don't see a table...see if there's a door as there may be a whole set of tables on the other side.

I don't know about all of the Princess ships' date=' but often there's four dining areas of the Horizon, two on each side. So if you go at a peak time and don't see a table...see if there's a door as there may be a whole set of tables on the other side.[/quote']

If you sit in a "closed" area, you may have trouble getting service (water, juice, coffee, etc.).

There are almost always quiet areas with empty tables. Everyone congregates near the main service area. Wander aft and it is a ghost town. OR go out to the area near the Outrigger Bar (if it is nice outside). Service, quiet, breeze, sun:D

glass of OJ (which is way too small so I often have to go get some more)

When I get OJ from the buffet to bring back to the room I ask for it either in a larger class or in a coffee cup (so I can carry it more easily without spilling any OJ).

Sometimes I bring disposable plate covers from home to use for this purpose. Or you can simply put another place upside down on top of the one with the food for a quick cover. The platters they give you in the buffet are plenty big enough to bring back enough food for 2. Another tip I picked up here on CC was to order something from room service on day one (like extra ice) which they will bring on a tray. You can then use that tray to bring back food from buffet all week, and have room for extras like silverware etc.

Great ideas.

If you sit in a "closed" area, you may have trouble getting service (water, juice, coffee, etc.).

There are almost always quiet areas with empty tables. Everyone congregates near the main service area. Wander aft and it is a ghost town. OR go out to the area near the Outrigger Bar (if it is nice outside). Service, quiet, breeze, sun:D

It is the wander that I dislike. There have been many times that getting a seat is a PITA. Don't like cold eggs.:D:D