Flowers onboard?

trvllin1

Will I be able to take my own flowers onboard the Island Princess when we embark our Grand Med cruise in June? I have done so on a Uniworld river cruise departing from Amsterdam with no problem - the ship even brought me a beautiful crystal vase for them. I have never tried this on Princess. Lin

Will I be able to take my own flowers onboard the Island Princess when we embark our Grand Med cruise in June? I have done so on a Uniworld river cruise departing from Amsterdam with no problem - the ship even brought me a beautiful crystal vase for them. I have never tried this on Princess. Lin

I would think it's like other cruiselines - you can bring them onboard. But you can't take them back off. I could be wrong.

I have done this before and plan to do it on my next cruise which is coming up very soon. I will buy flowers at the grocery store across from our hotel and then bring them on board. Your room steward will supply you with a vase even though it is not crystal. However I have often had flowers sent to my cabin through Princess. They are beautiful and reasonably priced. Either way works.

Thank you all, I appreciate the info as I was disappointed on the Emerald in January that we really didn't see any flowers to purchase once onboard - just bud vases with one or three roses. On past Princess cruises we have picked arrangements from a table set up somewhere near the atrium but didn't see that on our last cruise. Perhaps they had it and we just missed it, but it will be more fun to pick them up on la Rambla ourselves from a wider selection anyway! Great idea about the collapsible vases, I will look for those!

Lin

Thank you all, I appreciate the info as I was disappointed on the Emerald in January that we really didn't see any flowers to purchase once onboard - just bud vases with one or three roses. On past Princess cruises we have picked arrangements from a table set up somewhere near the atrium but didn't see that on our last cruise. Perhaps they had it and we just missed it, but it will be more fun to pick them up on la Rambla ourselves from a wider selection anyway! Great idea about the collapsible vases, I will look for those!

Lin

Here is a hint. The next time you are cruising and don't know where to buy flowers, just call Princess about a week or so before your cruise and order flowers from them . You can look online on Princess/gifts to see their arrangements, Pick the one you want and simply call them. They will be in your cabin when you arrive.:D

Lin

We have always seen a nice variety of arrangements onboard our cruises. We were on the Emerald a few weeks ago and it was the same. We have ordered prior to the cruise and also ordered once onboard ;)

My wife either brings flowers onboard or orders a floral arrangement on the ship. Asiatic Lilies bother my wife & because they are often used she prefers to talk directly to the onboard florist to ensure they are not part of her floral arrangement. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Why would you?? With everything else going on, this seems quite awkward, plus, what happened to being a romantic, surprise??? Save yourself a terrible inconvenience and money, order the flowers of your choice on the Cruise Personalizer and WOW your cruise partner when you enter your stateroom and beautiful flowers await!!:cool:

Why would you?? With everything else going on, this seems quite awkward, plus, what happened to being a romantic, surprise??? Save yourself a terrible inconvenience and money, order the flowers of your choice on the Cruise Personalizer and WOW your cruise partner when you enter your stateroom and beautiful flowers await!!:cool:

A terrible inconvienence? Not really. :(