Cruising During School Holidays

holidaylover10

Hi

Could anyone tell me roughly the ratio of children to adults on a Celebrity Baltic cruise during the British summer school holidays. We have cruised outside of the holidays before and obviously there were very few children.

We have been persuaded by friends to join them on the 31st July 2016 for a Baltics cruise as this is the only date they can go.

I am a little concerned the ship will be overrun with children. Please don't get me wrong I like children I have had two but usually like to spend my holidays in more adult company. I do realise going at this time of year I have to expect some children on board.

This is not much help but will give you an idea, we were on a Bermuda cruise during summer school break and we were told that 800 children were on board the Summit that week.

J.

Did the Baltic last July on the Eclipse. There were more kids than normal but other than 4 ages 5-11 whose parents "took a nap" most ever afternoon and let the kids run wild, rarely saw kids and those we did see were enjoying the kids activities.

We always cruise in school holidays never had a problem being over run, but we also usually cruise Princess, Celebrity or similar, whch tend to have less kds anyway.

Last cruise had more kids than any other we've been on % wise, but most of the time they were in kids club anyway.

We have to cruise in school holidays. We cruised the Baltic with no issue from children 3 years ago in July and I would not hesitate to book again as the itinerary did not seem popular with families. However we have had a huge amount of children on every other Eclipse summer holiday cruise. A trip around the Med. can be a problem re access to the swimming pools but until last year the children have never caused us personally any problems. Our worst cruise was the Solstice from Barcelona. Packs of children roamed the ship until the early hours of the morning yet on the Reflection from Rome we had no problems. On the Eclipse last year children again roamed around and were quite wild during deck parties and other events. Each cruise had at least 400 children therefore I think it's the parents and the introduction of free drinks packages which cause an issue and unfortunately no one can predict who will book with you.

On the other hand the Baltic was the best cruise we have experienced out of 10 Celebrity cruises and I think you will have a wonderful time.

I have never had problems with kids on any cruise and they have all been in school holidays, but I have also only cruised once with P&O and so far not with Carnival.

In fact our first few cruises we felt like the children, on one out of about 700 PAX there were the grand total of three who were younger than us, at that time I was about 46 and herself about 43.

------We cruised the Baltic with no issue from children 3 years ago in July and I would not hesitate to book again as the itinerary did not seem popular with families.

I am hopeful that it will be same this summer, we are booked on 25th July 2015, which is the start of the school holidays in UK. I can't say for certain how many children will be on the ship, all I know is that there are very few families on our Roll Call.

Edited by upwarduk

I am hopeful that it will be same this summer, we are booked on 25th July 2015, which is the start of the school holidays in UK. I can't say for certain how many children will be on the ship, all I know is that there are very few families on our Roll Call.

Yes, CC has such a small percentage of cruisers that if you compare ratios of the cc sample size you may have a ball park figure.

e.g. if 5 - 10% of the passengers on the cruise are on cruise critic members are families, then perhaps 5-10% of the total passengers will be families.