Can I make a 10:45am flight AOS in San Juan?

Hi- It's been almost 6 years since I've been on Adventure of the Seas. Going again in July with my family (2 adults 2 kids). I can't remember how early you can get off the ship and how long it takes to get to the airport. My options are a 10:45am flight or a 12:30pm. I know the 12:30 is the safe bet, but I'd hate to sit in the airport for hours with the kids if I don't need to. Any advice I'd appreciate. Thank you so much

Hi- It's been almost 6 years since I've been on Adventure of the Seas. Going again in July with my family (2 adults 2 kids). I can't remember how early you can get off the ship and how long it takes to get to the airport. My options are a 10:45am flight or a 12:30pm. I know the 12:30 is the safe bet, but I'd hate to sit in the airport for hours with the kids if I don't need to. Any advice I'd appreciate. Thank you so much

Barring any delays, you should be able to make the 10:45am flight if you carry off your own luggage. However, I would still suggest taking the 12:30pm flight to minimize stress.

You will also need to clear all your luggage, checked and carryon thru agriculture screening before checking in with your airline.

Working for the airlines I can tell you that PR is consider been International. They have gotten very struck specially f you are coming from the Islands. Allow at least two hours to got through security. so 12:30 is a better time.

When everything is smooth as silk, you can do it. We got caught behind a group of high school students and chaperones leaving San Juan. There must have been a hundred of them ahead of us for the agriculture check. They then had a glitch with that and we almost missed out plane. One of our party had to go and tell one of the people at check in that our plane was going to leave without us and beg them to let us go ahead of this group. We would never have made it had someone from the airline not helped us out.

We booked a 12:15 pm flight.. was in the first group to get off.

Grab a porter gave him a few dollars... got us a taxi to the airport

Had a great cabbie... took my luggage through customs at the airport.. then have them check in. He sure got a great tip..

At the airport by 9:00 which I took the 10:15 flight..

We have been at the airport many times by 9:00 am without rushing.

1. Early in the week let guest services know you need to be in the earliest group off

2. Pay a porter to help with bags (he will help move through customs/immigration and tai line)

3. Pay a porter at airport (again, he will help maneuver agri inspection and airline check-in)

4. Go directly to security after checked in at counter (don't visit shops, etc).

5. If one security line too long, try a different security entrance to the secure area

We booked a 12:15 pm flight.. was in the first group to get off.

Grab a porter gave him a few dollars... got us a taxi to the airport

Had a great cabbie... took my luggage through customs at the airport.. then have them check in. He sure got a great tip..

At the airport by 9:00 which I took the 10:15 flight..

How much was the cab ride to airport including tip?

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me how far the cab ride is from the royal car. port to the airport and cost of cab? Thank you so very much

The ride will take around 15 minutes, and the cost will be around $25, depending on how many bags you have.

Yes you can BUT I would use porters at bot the cruise terminal and airport -- they know exactly where to go so there should be no confusion, plus you do not have to carry your bags -- best money I have spent on a cruise

Thank you! I'm definitely leaning towards the 10:45.. We are a family of 4.. how much should we expect to give the porters?

Last October we were on Jewel and had a 12:30pm flight out of SJU...we had no trouble being at the airport around 8:30am..easily did the agriculture check and checked in for our DL flight...hated spending this much time there...I would opt for the earlier flight.

We have taken the 9:45 am Philly flight on our last 7 cruises of SJU without an issue.

Here is our last Jewel sailing:

Departures started before 7am, we had planned to do Self Departure (deck 2), but at 7:15am they were already calling #4, so we walked right off at deck 5. Customs took 3 mins, taxi 15 mins, USDA check :30 secs and check in 5 mins which means we could have been at our gate by 8am.

Here is our last Adventure sailing:

We did express departure and were off the ship at 7:35 am. Immigration took 10 mins, taxi to airport took 16 mins, USDA check took 3 mins, preferred check in took 5 mins and TSA took 12 mins which means we were sitting at our gate at 8:15 am, a full hour and 20 mins before our flight.

The Port of San Juan, the airport, TSA, taxi co. and RCCL have all stepped it up and now disembarking and getting to the airport is a better experience than most other ports. Thanks to all of the above.

Rick and Deirdra

We have a 12:45 flight for this Oct. I have taken as earlier ones but really don't like to rush. Its not that hard if you just get up and moving , really don't think we will do self disembark with a 12:45 flight , just ask for early disembark time.

We have a 12:45 flight for this Oct. I have taken as earlier ones but really don't like to rush. Its not that hard if you just get up and moving , really don't think we will do self disembark with a 12:45 flight , just ask for early disembark time.

Hey Steve: I remember the last time we were both on the Adventure I think you got off by carrying your bags - we got off by getting a number 1 off ticket at guest services. We both made it to the airport at about the same time and had time for breakfast before our 10:00 am ish flights. :D

I would not risk the early flight. Sure as others have said if all goes right and you pay porters well and so on, you should be able to make it. That being said, we have cruised out of SJ (it is our favorite port) many times and had the strangest things happen on returning to port. The delays go from power failures to immigration delays that kept all passengers from debarking to customs officers just not showing up on time. It just seems to be a port that debark doesn't always go like it should. This is the end of your vacation, why add unneeded stress?