The new website continues to amaze me

BillOh

I don't see my last thread anymore so I suspect maybe it got merged? Today, while still continuing to try and pick out for sure my 2016 cruise I tried a different search method and was pleased to come back with 41 choices that actually seem to match my search criteria! I was optimistic. Page 1 had choices 1-11 on it. I saw a couple I liked and clicked on the "click to compare" selection thinking, "That is sure to break it!" Well, it might have. When I got to the bottom I clicked for page 2, but it keeps going back to page 1 and showing me the same 11 cruises. Maybe I'll try it again without the compare feature.

I pretty much have given up on the website. I usually check several times a day for cruises with residency discounts and room availability. I can't get anywhere. I have my Grand Suites for Alaska for June booked and Oasis for September and I think those will be my last for a while on Royal.

On the positive note I am getting very familiar with the Celebrity website and promotions since my Diamond status will give me a few perks.

I don't see my last thread anymore so I suspect maybe it got merged? Today, while still continuing to try and pick out for sure my 2016 cruise I tried a different search method and was pleased to come back with 41 choices that actually seem to match my search criteria! I was optimistic. Page 1 had choices 1-11 on it. I saw a couple I liked and clicked on the "click to compare" selection thinking, "That is sure to break it!" Well, it might have. When I got to the bottom I clicked for page 2, but it keeps going back to page 1 and showing me the same 11 cruises. Maybe I'll try it again without the compare feature.

The old site did that to me more often than not Bill. It would go back to the top of page 1 and I'd had have to scroll down and click page 2 again before it would finally advance. It didn't seem to be a problem going to page 3 or beyond. I use Firefox and never took the time to try another browser.

The old site did that to me more often than not Bill. It would go back to the top of page 1 and I'd had have to scroll down and click page 2 again before it would finally advance. It didn't seem to be a problem going to page 3 or beyond. I use Firefox and never took the time to try another browser.

In this case I was using Chrome, I may try it in two different browsers side by side at home this weekend. If the whole site goes down, it was me. ;)

I pretty much have given up on the website. I usually check several times a day for cruises with residency discounts and room availability. I can't get anywhere. I have my Grand Suites for Alaska for June booked and Oasis for September and I think those will be my last for a while on Royal.

On the positive note I am getting very familiar with the Celebrity website and promotions since my Diamond status will give me a few perks.

I may give that a try, the sites look similar though. My main problem with trying X right now is we like to cruise the Caribbean in early May just as they are pulling ships out.

Billoh

Their new website is total failure. I tried looking at future cruises and I am clicking 6-9 days carribean and its showing me 2 day cruises from Brisbane Australia. and if I can make it to the next page it jumps all over the place. At first I though it was my home computer but did the same on my work one and my ipad. I hope they fix this soon

I can't get past page one either, it's driving me nuts! I'm thinking this is the US site? I found the link to this site from another poster when I was looking for the new Harmony itineraries.

The UK site is rubbish too. For a start, there is no compare cruise, you can't choose a particular cabin and no courtesy hold :( And most annoying is the fact that you can't go back a page grrrrrrr :mad:

I can't decide which one is worse :eek:

Billoh

Their new website is total failure. I tried looking at future cruises and I am clicking 6-9 days carribean and its showing me 2 day cruises from Brisbane Australia. and if I can make it to the next page it jumps all over the place. At first I though it was my home computer but did the same on my work one and my ipad. I hope they fix this soon

I stumbled into the actual cruise I want and while trying to pick the cabins I wanted ended up with 2 different ones. I am planning on actually booking while on Freedom next month so I was happy to be able to verify what I think the pricing currently is, though I'm still only 90% sure which cruise I am picking.

I have had good luck by first choosing the dates I want (use the month, not actual date range) then selecting the ship or class of ships I want. I have gotten many more errors on the new site and I do not like it as well as the old site. I am hoping for a change of heart on the makeover.

Sometimes it works fine, narrowing down my choices, and other times, it reverts to all cruises available (>600) or will not let me advance past the first page.

I have not figured out what causes it to work sometimes and not others. I am using the same computer each time.

I find it 'amazing' that the web site has no search box and no obvious link to FAQ. They're probably there somewhere, but I just spent 20 minutes trying to find out when luggage tags will be available to print (thought it was 60 days prior to sailing) and gave up in frustration. The only thing I could find was information on Pinnacle and Suite passengers having their tags mailed. Even more frustrating, I know the information is somewhere here on CC but the CC Search function isn't working either!

agreed the website is garbage. I used to email them telling them about all the bugs of the last one, but they never did anything so I gave up. For A cruise line, I think they should be embarrassed that a guest can have better luck researching their fares on a reseller site then their own. It's simply one giant joke. It's all in their webdesign and IT folks, probably part of the same group that makes the internet "not work" on the ships. LOL

And here I thought it was just me. My husband is always telling me that I have "computer issues."

And here I thought it was just me. My husband is always telling me that I have "computer issues."

Nope its royal. I emailed them repeatedly about two major bugs

1. when you click next it would only refresh the first page ( as the poster stated)

2. when in a reservation booking, the drop down box to switch catagory did not work, you had to go all the way to the beginning. It took numerous emails from me and I am sure others.. and then POOF one day it actually started working again. Clearly no one from royal has ever tried to book a cruise on their website.

Truthfully I am sure they are losing revenue because of it. Many people are going to the TA websites to book instead of theirs simply because it is lacking all functionality.

Today I tried to do a reservation and it can't do it. It opened a page to refer me to a travel agent in my area. I really don't get how a company this big has such a bad IT dept. No excuse. Mr Wolf is an IT executive and he is disgusted by them - in the IT world, having a functioning website is just NOT THAT HARD.

Nope its royal. I emailed them repeatedly about two major bugs

1. when you click next it would only refresh the first page ( as the poster stated)

2. when in a reservation booking, the drop down box to switch catagory did not work, you had to go all the way to the beginning. It took numerous emails from me and I am sure others.. and then POOF one day it actually started working again. Clearly no one from royal has ever tried to book a cruise on their website.

Truthfully I am sure they are losing revenue because of it. Many people are going to the TA websites to book instead of theirs simply because it is lacking all functionality.

Who did you email? I would love to have the residency/senior/military search function work.

Who did you email? I would love to have the residency/senior/military search function work.

at the time, (dont know it it is still there) on the rccl site. Under the contact us.

You could tell it what your email was regarding and I always chose "website questions"

actually here is the link https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do but dont expect a magical response

This new website is horrible. I thought the last one was bad. Maybe that's why they are delaying the Spring 2017 saildates.

Agreed, by far the worst "upgrade" they did! We would all be fired if we did such a horrible job at our jobs.

We are holding on to our planned Oasis cruise when we will become Diamond and then are switching to Celebrity too with Elite benefits. Been wanting to try to Solstice class ships and growing more disappointed with Royal...their website and pricing games.